Gareth McAuley released by West Brom!

Gareth would stroll the SPL but he's not a substitute. Unless you're going to start him every week, it'd be pointless. Would be like having Davie Weir sitting on the bench. At that age, you need to be playing.

Alves, Goldson, Katic, McCrorie is fine.

Cluadio Yacob would be more of an interest for me. I still feel that we could do with more experience and quality in the holding midfield position and given he's free I wonder if we could tempt him.

No thanks, just because he’s northern irish doesn’t mean we should be signing him, especially at his age. Yes weir and hill were good but just look at Russel Martin for instance

Bored of these over the hill, ageing footballers.
Me too. If we sign any more, the name of the stadium should be changed to ThevIbrox Care Home for Retiring Footballers. Let’s stick with young, athletic, strong guys who can continue to develop and play a role at the Club for many years.

Think our friends from Northern Ireland have a biased opinion of him which is fair enough, he’s far too old for us now.

Exactly the type of deal we need to learn from and leave alone.

Gareth would stroll the SPL but he's not a substitute. Unless you're going to start him every week, it'd be pointless. Would be like having Davie Weir sitting on the bench. At that age, you need to be playing.

Alves is not fine

Far from fine if you are playing 3 at the back

McCrorie will be a midfielder, and I think Alves and Cardoso will be on their way, so we need at least one more CH.

Too late in his career which is a real shame but if Stevie thinks he will do a job then who am I to object .

Possibly do us a job for one season. I think he is a Rangers supporter so may not at this stage be motivated solely by money so might come here. I feel we do need another CB .

On a 1 year deal on cheap wages I would take him depending on how he shows up physically

Think our friends from Northern Ireland have a biased opinion of him which is fair enough, he’s far too old for us now.
Exactly the type of deal we need to learn from and leave alone.
Fans from Northern Ireland have a biased view of McAuley because we've watched him boss the shit out of other international teams on a consistent basis. Hodson plays for Northern Ireland when we're desperate, and I wouldnt have him anywhere near club or country, unless he was playing for the opposition.

Fans from Northern Ireland have a biased view of McAuley because we've watched him boss the shit out of other international teams on a consistent basis. Hodson plays for Northern Ireland when we're desperate, and I wouldnt have him anywhere near club or country, unless he was playing for the opposition.

Very possibly but he’s at the stage of his career where his legs could go at any point.

It’s not worth the risk unless he’s willing to come for a very modest wage.

Cluadio Yacob would be more of an interest for me. I still feel that we could do with more experience and quality in the holding midfield position and given he's free I wonder if we could tempt him.

Yacob could be a decent signing, but I fear he would end up a target for the refs and spend half the time sat out suspended.

Yacob could be a decent signing, but I fear he would end up a target for the refs and spend half the time sat out suspended.
Yip, the same way the corrupt fat-fee thieves targeted Andy Halliday & Jack. And, much as I despised him, Black before them.

If one leaves we have young Wilson. If two leave we need another.

Back