Gary Cahill

They can sign whoever they want, there's something fundamentally wrong in both their coaching and scouting of players.

It wont make any difference until the root cause of the problem is completely overhauled. They're very much in their Caixinha era and Cahill would be nothing more than their Bruno Alves.

Last edited:
He was linked a few weeks ago & I think he would possibly have been an option if Goldson wasn’t going to renew.

He'd take a fair amount of cash off of them and will likely get much better offers from down south. That said, I doubt he'd be able to rescue the abomination that is the Celtic defence.

He will end up at Watford, or Norwich on daft wages. He isn’t a bad centre half, but he ain’t the best either.
I have seen links to us in the last week, but that is agents or lazy journo’s. Either way he won’t be moving North unless Newcastle or Boro make a bid.

They can sign whoever they want, there's something fundamentally wrong in both their coaching and scouting of players.

It wont make any difference until the root cause of the problem is completely overhauled. They're very much in their Caixinha era and Cahill would be nothing more than their Bruno Alves.
Correct. If they signed Messi tomorrow, we'd still be champions in April.

I’d take him but the money he is after rules him out. The guy is fit and obviously looks after himself. Can’t see him going to they tramps either though

If the gaffer was looking for a 5 or 6th choice centreback on way to much money and no resale value then he'd be your man.

The crash barriers would be mental not to take him. Stupid wages or not, he’s miles ahead of anything else they have.

So on that basis, hope he stays in England.

Big wages and at the wrong end of his career with no sell on, that is the exact opposite of the way we work now.

Reading he has left Crystal Palace and is available on a free.35 years old now.He must be a shoe in to end up with that mob

How is it a shoe in exactly? I doubt they could afford his wages, and he'll probably get a couple of decent offers from bottom end EPL/top end Championship.

Big wages and at the wrong end of his career with no sell on, that is the exact opposite of the way we work now.
Although we’ve made exceptions for model pros like McGregor, Davis and Defoe. However, I can’t see it happening at all. He’d definitely improve the filth, so let’s hope he stays in England.

Cahill’s an Irish name so the mentally challengeds will think there’s an emotional pull that will see him at the Piggery on three grand a week, the money being irrelevant when there’s the chance to pull on Ra hoops.

Back