Gary Holt - 'Rangers will know they've been in a battle'

Nothing against what Gary Holt has said, nothing wrong with a good, hard physical fair challenge, its when the challenge turns nasty and becomes a danger to players that concerns me, keep the battle clean and everyone will be happy........... and change your fuqing playing surface to grass Holt ya bawbag :))
Spot on. If we want to win the league we have to roll with the punches. If we cant go to Livingstone and win a game then we don't deserve to be champions.

We all love a bit of blood and snotters but within the rules of the game.

We also know that there will be little to no protection of our players from the match officials.

Livingston will do what they are allowed to get away with in order to stop us winning, that's the issue here.

Time for Gerrard to do the classic ‘put the comments up on the dressing room wall’ I think. Say to the players let’s batter them and see what Holt has to say at full time

Pre match team talk done for us. If we are serious about winning the league, we need to take these games in our stride and come out on top. Simple as that

Manager should mention in pre match conference that he has no issue with teams wanting to be physical as long as it's within the laws of the game however that in the previous two games there have been two very bad tackles, with one being a reserved red card and the other one somehow only a yellow.

Hope he tells the players if there are bad tackles then they should stay down and be very vocal.

Fair enough he’s got to play his team to the strengths they have and if that involves being physical with our players I’m sure our boys can handle it, the referee better be on hand to get the book out for any nasty tackles. It’s the pitch that scares me more than their team. Still maintain they should be banned in the top flight.

Comments like this is why Scottish football is in the gutter.

Obviously less skillful teams have to play to their strength, this is the case for any football, I don't expect San Marino to try and outskill Brazil.

Difference is, in Scotland the tactic isn't to play your best football and hope you sneak something, its to push the boundaries of what is allowed physically. Always. No cleverness, or strange tactics, just "smash into them a bit".

How much damage will be done before the fourth tackle warrants a card. They will take it turns to try and hurt our players and happy to take the yellows

A bang average player that couldn't fight sleep and has a knack for putting out cvntish statements. Holt is everything that is wrong with football in this country!!

I think the ref should get a copy of Holt's statement of intent, and every dodgy tackle should be highlighted by our players and management, only fu@kwits tell you what they are going to do, the dangerous ones keep their mouths shut.

Having watched their highlights against Motherwell they are atrocious at the back. The second goal they conceded came directly from a throw in at the halfway line. They will also be without their 1st choice goalkeeper (McCrorie) against us.

Show up & play with intensity and professionalism for the full 90 minutes and we will take the points. No excuses when it comes to the pitch as we've shown we can handle it in the past.

Oh my!! Over physical? What the %^*& is happening to our support.

Like it or not, we’re going to have to battle like %^*& to win the league championship.

We can battle all day long, the problem is, we are not allowed to be as physical as our opponents and that is a problem.

Folk say things like "Sign Lewis Ferguson, he's a battler" or "Cosgrove would run riot in this team". Those two players in our team would not be allowed by the ref to play the same game they play for the sheep.

And we wonder why Scottish football will be forever stuck in the gutter. Hopefully Stevie G mentions these comments on the presser to put pressure on the ref when the thug tactics come out. I'll no hold my breath though.

This bell end letting us know that his hammer throwers will be out to injure whoever they can on their shitty carpet of a pitch this Sunday.

''Livingston manager Gary Holt: "I said before the game that we needed to get back to getting in people's faces, do the ugly side of the game, and you'll get your rewards. We got that tonight.

"Rangers come to us on Sunday and they'll know they've been in a battle.''

Holt'll send them out to do some damage while the cuunt in the middle will take nae action on them.

You can see the outcome and its only Thursday.

Common sense says Gerrard should put a bit of pressure during his presser. I was hoping we'd have already complained about St Johnstone last night.

Tinpot comments from a tinpot manager of a tinpot club with a tinpot pitch in a tinpot league.

I can understand he feels and believes that's how he needs to send his team out. If you're a limited manager with shit players on an atrocious pitch then that's the situation you have to work with. But to come out publicly with soundbites like that is a load of classless wank.

Back