Gary Holt - 'Rangers will know they've been in a battle'

Having just looked at their highlights against Motherwell, they look absolutely honking at the back.

0-4 Rangers but will take 0-1.

‘I told them if we get in their faces and do the ugly side of the game we will get our rewards’
I mean seriously! Words fail! This is the clown who said there was nothing in a challenge where Aribo got 22 stitches in a head wound last season. How do you get to manage a club with that attitude. Neanderthal doesn’t begin to cover it.
Yeah... try pasting in Philistine, Dinosaur, Retard ;)

Only in Scottish football would a manager be on praising his team for picking up 1 point out of 9 and boasting that they're going to do their best to kick lumps out of the next opposition.

And people wonder why our youngsters never thrive and all these jobber teams lose in first rounds against welsh part timers

He never really said that mate.

He said they'll be in our faces and it'll be a battle.

We were in St Johnstone's faces all last night and kept constantly pressing them when they had possession.

We're better at pressing and better at playing through it than Livingston.

Nothing against what Gary Holt has said, nothing wrong with a good, hard physical fair challenge, its when the challenge turns nasty and becomes a danger to players that concerns me, keep the battle clean and everyone will be happy........... and change your fuqing playing surface to grass Holt ya bawbag :))

Done some job at Livi though tbh.

We need Balogun, Arfield, Jack, Morelos to start though if that's the case. And not Kamara - he is quality and I love him but I'm not convinced he's hard enough.

Done some job at Livi though tbh.

We need Balogun, Arfield, Jack, Morelos to start though if that's the case. And not Kamara - he is quality and I love him but I'm not convinced he's hard enough.

Kamara's had a couple of excellent games against Livingston previously mate.

I think he's a cert to start.

3-5-2 might be worth a go on Sunday with Morelos and Itten. That pitch can be a leveller so the option to go more direct would be handy.

He can say what he wants but it is this kind of approach that has left Scotland in the wilderness of international football and why the domestic game is so frowned upon.

Scotland still thinks it knows best and that charging about a pitch "getting stuck in" is the way play football. Thee sheer lack of success over decades proves that Scotland has the wrong approach.

Not sure how the synthetic pitches are that we will play on these days but in my day at both Luton and QPR the seams could be 4-6 inches wide unless filled with sand. It was definitely a huge injury consideration
It was like playing on a carpet back then. Your studs used to get caught in the seams regularly.
Then again I grew up playing on red ash pitches.

He should just have said that his team was going to just let us win, what are people expecting him to say?

We need to score early . Let’s not forget Aribo had his head caved in last time we went there with a deliberate elbow , no red card . Despicable thugs and it will be the same come Sunday .

n
Not quite the same though is it, refereeing has totally changed from the 70s or 80s, as well as the match officials doing media work with tim tv, radio and papers(reward for bias obv) the opposition manager is saying yeah we are gonna blooter them around the pitch if we can get away with it.

Do you not worry slightly about the club spending a lot of cash on a foreign player only for him to pick up a bad injury 5 mins into his first game ? if you dont i think you might be the only one. And before you bring the tims into it they dont have this problem no ref in Scotland would allow it.
Nah mate we complained about refs back then as well.Holt didn't actually say the words you said he is trying to play mind games in a very unsubtle way,don't fall for it.
You can't go into games worrying about getting injured as you are unfocused and may well get injured.
To win the league you need a winning mindset forget all the noise.All of our league winning teams had this.

This bell end letting us know that his hammer throwers will be out to injure whoever they can on their shitty carpet of a pitch this Sunday.

''Livingston manager Gary Holt: "I said before the game that we needed to get back to getting in people's faces, do the ugly side of the game, and you'll get your rewards. We got that tonight.

"Rangers come to us on Sunday and they'll know they've been in a battle.''
Get their rewards? They fought out a draw with another team who had also lost their first 2 matches FFS... you’d think they had thumped someone at the top of the table with that talk.

Yes, football can be a brutal game to watch at times, at any level, but the way some teams in Scotland’s top league set themselves up to stop the other side from playing any kind of passing game, and to use physical assault as a leveller in sport... there is something deep seated and far wrong with what we reward as “effort” in Scottish football.

Did any of you watch the Rangers game last night? See when St Johnstone had the ball, we hounded them and won the ball back as quickly as possible. We got in their faces and didn’t let them play.

Other teams are allowed to try the same.
Yes, but other teams flaunt the rules and are overly physical when they do it.

Says it all about football in this country. Managers who are happy to encourage players to play "ugly football" which is another way of saying "kick feck out the opposition" :mad:

Holt is an absolute banger and i expect nothing less than walking away with all 3 points and these pricks then left wondering were it all went wrong,tadger!!

We will be up for it. We know what Livi are about and how they play. My only concern is their honking pitch.

It will be a stiff test due to their horrible pitch and a playing style more suited to rugby but I’m confident we will come through it with the skill we have in our team.

We have no one to fear this year at all.

Mediocre team in playing to strength shocker!!

We need to adapt our game and match them physically as well as by skill.

Just playing on that sh*te pitch of yours is enough to make the players feel like they have been in a battle the next day.

He never really said that mate.

He said they'll be in our faces and it'll be a battle.

We were in St Johnstone's faces all last night and kept constantly pressing them when they had possession.

We're better at pressing and better at playing through it than Livingston.

The voice of sanity amidst the usual nonsense.

No different to any other game for us, I think we’ve won well there on the past two visits so if we could keep that same form it would be good. Keep up
The pressure on them if we can secure max points while they aren’t playing.

Back