Gary Holt - 'Rangers will know they've been in a battle'

Tbf not much wrong with his comments and I hate teams like Livi. It's up to us to overcome the challenges these teams throw up for us.

Strong ref needed. Do we know who it is yet? I’m guessing Beaton, the SPFL’s go-to guy for costing Rangers away points.

Kick anything that moves, if it happens to be the ball, long and high towards where Dykes is standing. Holts team talk week in, week out.

This bell end letting us know that his hammer throwers will be out to injure whoever they can on their shitty carpet of a pitch this Sunday.

''Livingston manager Gary Holt: "I said before the game that we needed to get back to getting in people's faces, do the ugly side of the game, and you'll get your rewards. We got that tonight.

"Rangers come to us on Sunday and they'll know they've been in a battle.''
Whit a FUD I’m sure he was on Pedos books when he was younger he stayed in Bourtreehill I can’t mind playing against him though

Four days warning that we’re going to kick you off the park, even in this midden of a league is a bit of a record.

That just reminds me of the horrendous challenge on Aribo last season which he has been left with a scar on his napper from.
An awful injury, but I have said it before I think it was the making of him. He seems to have grown up both physically and mentally, lots of lesser men would have hid, but big Joe came back better and stronger and is still improving.

Our players shouldn't find it a surprise any more anyway. Shit managers with shit players feel they have no other option but to send their players out to injure Rangers players. Sums up Scottish football really.

As for Holt, we just need to do what we can to ensure we absolutely demolish his team. Make an absolute arse of them if we can. Hopefully during this we won't suffer any injuries and I won't have to rant about how the SFA, referees and our board and management are letting it happen.

Whit a FUD I’m sure he was on Pedos books when he was younger he stayed in Bourtreehill I can’t mind playing against him though

Oh how we laughed when him and his mate turned up at the mhanks, never knew he did not actually sign for them.

Originally from Kilmarnock, he had been an Army chef, having joined the Army at 16. He was spotted by Pat Crerand in an Army tourney in Monchengladbach and recommended to Macari. Gary bought his way out the Army and turned up at Celtic.
At the start of 94/95 with the arrival of Tommy Burns, he was injured in pre-season training. Celtic were unable to play either Holt or Justin Whittle (who arrived at the same time and from the same route as Holt) due to a problem with their player registrations and getting their release from the Army. They were never in fact registered as Celtic players with the SFA but Celtic honoured an agreement made with them made by Lou Macari. They both left to join Macari at Stoke on 20/10/94.

Dykes apparently was clutching his hamstring for the last 10mins tonight.

He's one of the reason they play that way.

Also with the heat by then that pitch no watered worries me alot too.

Last 2 trips through there, we've murdered a far better Livingston team than this.

It'll be the same this Sunday mate.
I’m sure it will be. The issue is opposition players getting free reign to rattle Rangers players for 90 minutes, as they always do and as we seen tonight.

If they mean hardy but fair then fine. From experience it means elbows and late lunging tackles and the ref won’t do anything about it.

Remember that time Bertie Vogts brought him on for Scotland then subbed him about 5 mins later for being as slow as a week in jail lmao

A ref like tonight's and they'll be allowed to injure half our team. Only in Scotland can thuggery be seen as a positive and allowed by the refs.

No wonder we can't produce a decent player, his legs would be broken regularly.

Don’t see how anyone can take offence by this. Most obvious thing ever that we will be in for a battle. If we play our game we win, simple as that.

Every game including tonight’s sees tough tackles

everything that is wrong about scottish football, hammer throwing bastads, get right into them Rangers and give them the biggest hammering they deserve

A proper ref with the stones to put them down to 10 men in the opening 10 minutes will sort that out.

Yeah, I know.

This will indeed be a test for us on their shitty pitch against a team who wants to kick the shit out us. The tims couldn’t handle it at K’nock. If we want to win leagues we’ve got to run over these teams.

A repeat of tonight would be ideal.

Early goal, one just before half-time and one in the second half and some substitutions to keep us ticking over.

I don't expect them to do much except lump the ball forward to a target man and hope a defender gets caught out by a dodgy bounce on their shit pitch. Other than that they will kick us and I'm sure the SPFL will send some poet cunt that will allow them to do it.

I’m sure it will be. The issue is opposition players getting free reign to rattle Rangers players for 90 minutes, as they always do and as we seen tonight.

If they mean hardy but fair then fine. From experience it means elbows and late lunging tackles and the ref won’t do anything about it.

Hopefully Walsh deals with it the way Madden did at Pittodrie mate.

He wasted no time in sending Considine off for his challenge on Arfield.

Just another scumbag that typifies Scottish football and wee man syndrome.

Hopefully we destroy his bunch of hammer throwers and he can revel in inferiority.

Difficult place to go, however I have confidence we have the depth and talent to go there and put in a performance.

Back