Gary Holt - 'Rangers will know they've been in a battle'

Holt is playing the game.Stevie G is too clever to fall into his trap and get wound up with these comments.
Jock Wallace or Walter Smith would just tell our players get out there win the battle and then play them off the park.

Not quite the same though is it, refereeing has totally changed from the 70s or 80s, as well as the match officials doing media work with tim tv, radio and papers(reward for bias obv) the opposition manager is saying yeah we are gonna blooter them around the pitch if we can get away with it.

Do you not worry slightly about the club spending a lot of cash on a foreign player only for him to pick up a bad injury 5 mins into his first game ? if you dont i think you might be the only one. And before you bring the tims into it they dont have this problem no ref in Scotland would allow it.

Seriously, do any of these attention-seeking no-marks ever say this about the paedos?
It’s great, I hope every manager we play this season gives us a heads up on how their team will play, makes the job easier

I watch scottish football for Rangers alone. You telling me youd tune in for Aberdeen vs Livingston before El Classico? Or Valencia vs Sevilla? If you honestly believe that ive no idea what to say to you
You don't have to say anything. You live your life I will live mine. I have totally no interest in Spanish, Argentinian Brazilian or any of that football. Scottish, Dutch and a little bit of German. That is my Forte. It doesn't make me a bad person.

You don't have to say anything. You live your life I will live mine. I have totally no interest in Spanish, Argentinian Brazilian or any of that football. Scottish, Dutch and a little bit of German. That is my Forte. It doesn't make me a bad person.

It does not mate

This bell end letting us know that his hammer throwers will be out to injure whoever they can on their shitty carpet of a pitch this Sunday.

''Livingston manager Gary Holt: "I said before the game that we needed to get back to getting in people's faces, do the ugly side of the game, and you'll get your rewards. We got that tonight.

"Rangers come to us on Sunday and they'll know they've been in a battle.''
Put this on the dressing room wall.
Lets skelp these bastards

Wee fat weirdo. You've picked up 1 point out of 9. If only you battled as hard in those 3 games as you like to talk you'd maybe get somewhere.

Enjoy your pumping on Sunday.

Only in Scottish football would a manager be on praising his team for picking up 1 point out of 9 and boasting that they're going to do their best to kick lumps out of the next opposition.

And people wonder why our youngsters never thrive and all these jobber teams lose in first rounds against welsh part timers

‘I told them if we get in their faces and do the ugly side of the game we will get our rewards’
I mean seriously! Words fail! This is the clown who said there was nothing in a challenge where Aribo got 22 stitches in a head wound last season. How do you get to manage a club with that attitude. Neanderthal doesn’t begin to cover it.

Let them try. If we play our game and pass the ball the way we can they’ll get nowhere near us.

Hard to kick something you can’t catch. One trick pony team so let them exhaust themselves trying to kick us while we play football.

This bell end letting us know that his hammer throwers will be out to injure whoever they can on their shitty carpet of a pitch this Sunday.

''Livingston manager Gary Holt: "I said before the game that we needed to get back to getting in people's faces, do the ugly side of the game, and you'll get your rewards. We got that tonight.

"Rangers come to us on Sunday and they'll know they've been in a battle.''

I hope, come Sunday night, that Livingston also know they have been in a battle.

Holt has done well there but I got the feeling this was always going to be a sticky season. Dykes gets the headlines at Livi but losing wee Stevie Lawless was a huge blow for them.

Tbh it sums up the problem with football in this country in the last 30 years. The so cold managers and media think this is what a game of football should be about.

I remember the days when the diddy teams at least tried to compete with us a bit and try and play a bit of actual football. Not now and it's all about trying to sneak in the top 6 for a pay-day or simply survival for at least 8-9 teams.

The self preservation survive at all costs mentality is killing the game.

Sums it up. Take turns at kicking Kent, Aribo, Hagi. Fall over any time you're touched etc. Hope we take 5 off them.

Holt has done well there but I got the feeling this was always going to be a sticky season. Dykes gets the headlines at Livi but losing wee Stevie Lawless was a huge blow for them.
Can’t play McCrorie either, we will be fine as long as we stick to playing our football, hunt the ball down and play our game!

We’ll beat them easily if we play half decent , we just need to a avoid giving away needless free kicks which will result in them shelling the ball into our penalty box where anything can happen with a lucky deflection etc

It is difficult when you only see teams against us, but on Sportscene last night Stephen McGinn said when St Mirren were playing Livingston they'd be talking and planning from the Monday about the need to match Livingston physically as they knew that was their game.

I think we've a tendency to think teams like Livingston and Motherwell just turn up to try and kick us off the pitch (and they do), but that's also the game they play against others.

The big problem in Scotland is how the game is refereed. I don't think it's necessarily the refereeing standards - it's the fact that players can make challenges like the one on Roofe last night and walk away with a yellow. And you see the same week in week out in most games.

Until the referees officiate to the same standard that they do in Europe it's going to be very difficult to progress the game in Scotland. And I think the fact that no team other than us and Celtic have progressed to even the last qualifying round in Europe in goodness knows how long is testament to how far we are behind.

That comment tells us everything that's wrong with Scottish football. Kick anything that moves and if it's against rangers you'll get away with it. Total joke.

I think I’m right in saying Livingston took 5 points off Celtc last season.
A 2-0 win for Livingston followed by a 2-2 draw later
They are no mugs especially at home on that terrible pitch.
We need to be at our best on Sunday

Could he not try and let us know we have been in a game. Rather than a battle.

No attempt to outplay us. Just out tackle.

Hope we pump them

Let’s hope for a fair refereeing performance (lol) so we can put Jonny Hayes’ biological da back in his box

I hope we hammer his team of thugs.

Too many involved in Scottish football who think dirty tackles, sneaky elbows and wrestling players to the ground is an acceptable part of the game . Here's an interesting thought for Dolt to consider; train your players to actually play the game instead of them acting like wee needs on steroids.

Could you imagine a conversation between Dolt and Guardiola.
Pep; " The inverted pyramid of a 2-3-5 is more efficient for the interplay between midfield and the forwards"

Dolt; " Ah just tell ma playurs tae kill anything that moves"

I fear one of our players like Aribo last season is going to pick up an injury at the hands of these hammer throwers

It will be a test for us. Another opportunity to record three points, continue our good form, confidence levels continuing to grow and pressure heaped.

Sunday is all about coming away with three points.

and people wonder why noone outside Scotland watches Scottish Football

If they want to see a batlle, watch UFC, people pay to see Football

Gerrard said after the game last night it will be a war at times.

Don't see a thread on that.

He probably means we are at war with the other clubs who go out to injure players, the spfl, sfa, the media and most of all our dishonest referees.

Its not a war we want we would prefer a fair and honest competition with rivalry not sheer bitter hatred or worse than that corruption. We dont go out to blooter any side Gerrard wants to improve the standard play pass/move football but most refs just want to manipulate the title race and make sure theres no issues with the media. Holts being quite honest saying what most other managers are thinking before a game with Rangers.

Hopefully Walsh deals with it the way Madden did at Pittodrie mate.

He wasted no time in sending Considine off for his challenge on Arfield.

Its taken boaby 10 years to act on thuggery and assualts on our players some might suggest it was only dealt with swiftly cos it was right at the end of the match, 1st half its probably only a yellow going on previous performances. We are in this situation due to the behaviour of Madden and Craig Thomson they have left these guys in a tough position where everyone outside the club now expects younger less experienced refs to use these very sleekit tactics where you keep the cards in the pocket for as long as possible, let the garbage blooter Rangers around, wait and hope someone in blue gets frustrated= red card.

It is a way to manipulate the game, more and more refs are doing it too which suggests its part of the training.

I worry there is not even 1 person on our board that understands whats happened to reffin up here.... or worse... we do but are terrified to even speak about the cheating because its all down to the tims behaviour/media reporting on football.

We have completely let Gerrard down here it is disgraceful.

No doubt our players will be drilled to dish out what might come their way the officiating however might dictate the usual allowances for the hackers.

He probably means we are at war with the other clubs who go out to injure players, the spfl, sfa, the media and most of all our dishonest referees.

Its not a war we want we would prefer a fair and honest competition with rivalry not sheer bitter hatred or worse than that corruption. We dont go out to blooter any side Gerrard wants to improve the standard play pass/move football but most refs just want to manipulate the title race and make sure theres no issues with the media. Holts being quite honest saying what most other managers are thinking before a game with Rangers.

Its taken boaby 10 years to act on thuggery and assualts on our players some might suggest it was only dealt with swiftly cos it was right at the end of the match, 1st half its probably only a yellow going on previous performances. We are in this situation due to the behaviour of Madden and Craig Thomson they have left these guys in a tough position where everyone outside the club now expects younger less experienced refs to use these very sleekit tactics where you keep the cards in the pocket for as long as possible, let the garbage blooter Rangers around, wait and hope someone in blue gets frustrated= red card.

It is a way to manipulate the game, more and more refs are doing it too which suggests its part of the training.

I worry there is not even 1 person on our board that understands whats happened to reffin up here.... or worse... we do but are terrified to even speak about the cheating because its all down to the tims behaviour/media reporting on football.

We have completely let Gerrard down here it is disgraceful.

Agree with a lot of that.

Back