Gary Lineker claims he received racist abuse for having 'darker skin'

Did always wonder why he came back from Barcelona a different colour and Stevie Archibald didn’t. I always though some people took a tan and others burnt.

I watched him on the GB video clip last night. My first reaction was yeah Gary you sure look scarred after suffering a lifetime of misery due to colour prejudice. My second reaction was you are a liar in this instance and an appalling attention seeker of the lowest kind.

This might be 'the feather' for me where Lineker is concerned.

Even through most of his woke bs I have liked him, never really taken too much offence at anything he spouts.

He is a celebrity after all, they are meant to spout pish right?

But MTF Gary, this is a riddy mate. You take a good bit colour in the summer, you tan well.

Get a grip ffs.

Just when you think Gary Lineker cannot be any more of an attention seeking fud he pulls something else out the hat. How this man has made it to be paid so much money for being a complete bellend is beyond me.

It would be good if the planet just collectively turned on the fud at this point.

2cz1n6.jpg

look it even has the darker pigments!

Probably got abuse for being an annoying prick more than for his darker skin I’d wager!

I used to get it as a kid. Constantly called the p-word. If the matter comes up in conversation I refer to it as "mis-directed racism".

It did happen to some kids, back in the day at least. Kids can be very sharp at picking on even small things in other kids.

"I wouldn't ever name any names" - of course you wouldn't Gary, because you're talking shite for attention.

What a tadger.

I've got darker skin. I would like to think I look like Cary Grant, although I'm sure jealous folk will try to convince you I look like Alex Rae. I remember a teenage nedette once asking me in earnest if I was 'half Paki'. I laughed. I suppose I could write a book about 'my experience with racism' and do the breakfast shows.

He should be red faced with embarrassment at being the highest paid at the BBC, for doing about a 4 hour week.

Back