Gary McAllister attacked.

Absolute scum behaviour, the fact that I want the perpetrator to get a kicking tells me how angry I am. I hope they find the thug and jail him for a very long time. Whoever it was will have previous, you can bet on that. To be attacked when out for an evening with his wife is sickening. When you dont see it coming you have no chance but you get older the realisation is that you cant run away from these bastards any more and have to stand your ground, as I tell my sons if I was out of breath I would be far worse off and couldn't defend myself at all.

Cowardly bastards

I read on some facebook thread it was some american nutter that did it and assaulted 3 other people the same evening but the thread was infested by utter morons so not sure how true.

It wasnt a rangers page but a sports one.

No they don't: 'The source added: "Gary was in hospital from about 3am to 12 noon. His face is a mess. He must have at least 10-12 stitches in his top lip.'

I'd guess the incident happened between 0100-0200 hours. Police had to be alerted, attend the scene and then he'd have been off to hospital. Gary had spent the day in Liverpool at their legends match before taking his Mrs out for a meal when he got back.

That sounds more like it!

They were quoting a DI in Leeds:-
'Detective Inspector James Entwistle, of Leeds District CID, said: “We are investigating an assault that occurred in Call Lane, in Leeds city centre, at about 4am yesterday.

“The initial report was that a man, aged in his 50s, was stood outside a bar when a man approached him and punched him in the face, causing injuries that required hospital treatment.'

I suspect the vile hand of Timothy or perhaps a Mutton Molester in this shameful episode, that's what my money is on. Sure to be a non-Rangers supporting Scot.

In a Facebook post, former Leeds player Dominic Matteo said the attack left McAllister without three teeth and needing plastic surgery and stitches.

In the Facebook post, Matteo described the attack as "totally unprovoked and very vicious".

He added: "The attacker is thought to be American, and due to the severity of the injuries may have been wearing a 'knuckle duster' or similar."

It does sound like Gary has had a right sore one, society really has taken a turn for the worse!

In a Facebook post, former Leeds player Dominic Matteo said the attack left McAllister without three teeth and needing plastic surgery and stitches.

In the Facebook post, Matteo described the attack as "totally unprovoked and very vicious".

He added: "The attacker is thought to be American, and due to the severity of the injuries may have been wearing a 'knuckle duster' or similar."

It does sound like Gary has had a right sore one, society really has taken a turn for the worse!

Dom matteo owns a bar on call lane where the incident happened. Quite a few ex Leeds players drink in there.

Horrible stuff. Hope he is ok.

Dom matteo owns a bar on call lane where the incident happened. Quite a few ex Leeds players drink in there.

Horrible stuff. Hope he is ok.
Call Lane is no place to be out at 4am. Think down market Ashton Lane. Full of hookers, druggies and gay bars which attract homophobes and other assorted bams. Seen many a brawl down there.

Former Scotland star Dominic Matteo has pleaded for help in tracking down the 'knuckleduster' thug who battered Rangers No.2 Gary McAllister.

It's believed former Scotland and Leeds captain McAllister lost three teeth in the brutal attack in Leeds at around 4am on Sunday.

The 54-year-old was treated in hospital after he was set upon outside a bar on Call Lane in the city centre.

The Ibrox coach was waiting for a taxi with his wife Haley when the attack took place.

Matteo, who also played for Leeds and Scotland, took to Facebook to appeal for help in tracking down the thug responsible.

The 44-year-old said: "Can any Leeds/Yorkshire based lads help please?

"In the early hours of Saturday morning Leeds legend Gary McAllister was attacked in Leeds by an unknown assailant

"The attack was totally unprovoked and very vicious. Gary was hospitalised, lost three teeth and had plastic surgery on his lip which needed 12 stitches.

"The attacker is thought to be American and due to the severity of the injuries may have been wearing a ‘knuckleduster’.

"The attacker also assaulted and hospitalised four other people including two women in further incidents 
but as yet has not been caught.

"Can you please share. If you know anything or may know someone who may have seen or know anything that can help find this cowardly p**** please contact West Yorkshire Police."

Former Scotland star Dominic Matteo has pleaded for help in tracking down the 'knuckleduster' thug who battered Rangers No.2 Gary McAllister.

It's believed former Scotland and Leeds captain McAllister lost three teeth in the brutal attack in Leeds at around 4am on Sunday.

The 54-year-old was treated in hospital after he was set upon outside a bar on Call Lane in the city centre.

The Ibrox coach was waiting for a taxi with his wife Haley when the attack took place.

Matteo, who also played for Leeds and Scotland, took to Facebook to appeal for help in tracking down the thug responsible.

The 44-year-old said: "Can any Leeds/Yorkshire based lads help please?

"In the early hours of Saturday morning Leeds legend Gary McAllister was attacked in Leeds by an unknown assailant

"The attack was totally unprovoked and very vicious. Gary was hospitalised, lost three teeth and had plastic surgery on his lip which needed 12 stitches.

"The attacker is thought to be American and due to the severity of the injuries may have been wearing a ‘knuckleduster’.

"The attacker also assaulted and hospitalised four other people including two women in further incidents 
but as yet has not been caught.

"Can you please share. If you know anything or may know someone who may have seen or know anything that can help find this cowardly p**** please contact West Yorkshire Police."

Just saw a statement from Yorkshire Police and apparently the American guy who committed the other attack’s is not linked to McAllisters assault.

This gets worse by the minute .
It's bizarre too. One guy using a knuckleduster, possibly an American, attacks and hospitalises 5 people in one night. He is not apprehended, and nobody knows who he is. Not even a description!

Just saw a statement from Yorkshire Police and apparently the American guy who committed the other attack’s is not linked to McAllisters assault.

If it’s the statement I saw then that’s not quite accurate. What they have denied is that McAllisters assailant is suspected of 4 other attacks the same night. They haven’t confirmed - or denied - whether or not the assailant was American. Basically, at this stage, they haven’t a clue. Hopefully witness statements and CCTV will move the investigation on.

Absolutely bizarre. Just how many Americans were attacking folk in Leeds the same night? More than one seems ridiculous. Hopefully they catch the cowardly arsehole

It would be a bad injury, hope it does not leave a scar for him.
It has to be a Tim who did it I think.
You really couldn't meet a bigger gentleman than Gary McAllister so that just makes this mindless act of thuggery even more tragic.
Get well soon Gary!
he has gone there thinking it's 15 years ago. I have often stayed at The Calls hotel which was superb. Was there 2 years ago and Call Lane has gone to the dogs. Full of brass and drug dealers and users The Gay bars attract a very very different crowd looking to make trouble with the LGBT community. People get battered there on a regular basis. It's a disgrace you're not safe on the streets but that's an area I avoid.

Get this prick outed, someone knows him!! What about us offering a reward by chipping in, unsure how to start it but i’ll give a tenner to kick it off?

In all probability this has feck all to do with football allegiance and all to do with a typical early hours taxi rank psycho encounter that happens all to often in British towns and city's every weekend.
Get well soon Gary. Hope the team give you something to cheer you up at the weekend.

There could very have very well been a Scottish contingent down in Leeds for the Gerry Cinnamon gig in Leeds on Sunday. I went to see him in Liverpool on Saturday and there were Scots everywhere.

Whether this is connected or not, who knows, but as soon as I heard unprovoked attack on him, I thought mentally challenged.

Back