Gary McAllister says them winning the Cup is best for rangers

*Best*
Gary mcallister has suggested that them winning the cup is the best thing for Rangers as it gives us an extra two weeks pre season
He stated ‘ Will I be cheering on Celtic at Hampden. Absolutely ‘
personally I'd rather do it the hard way than cheer on them I doubt anyone at the club really is either

Bert Kassies and his European Football site is usually precise and correct. All Scottish Europa League teams start in Qualifying 1st Round.

It's the best for us as it should lead to full time Lennon

This is what I got out of the quote

The tims are in a precarious position and fully taking advantage of Lennon’s Timmyness!

You can imagine the conversation well thanks Neil you came in did what we needed you to do. Thanks again now see ya.

If that happens I hope he’s on his meds

If it doesn’t happen the gaffer will be licking his chops....

Win win for us no matter what

Tbf we can’t expect every Rangers employee to take a hardline, staunch view as us supporters do, no matter how much I’d love it

If they win the cup there’s an increased chance of TLB staying, which isn’t a bad thing.
However, if they lose, TLB gets sacked, a new manager comes in with 6-8 weeks before football starts.
They have an ageing spine; Gordon, Broonaldo, Lustig, with several first teamers now at a club they only signed for due to brenda...
Either way they are the team in the shite this summer and we have a settled core.

I don't want any other Scottish team to win anything except for my home team Ayr. Only good thing to come of this is if hearts get European football that's a bother Scottish team in the qualifiers and the more teams and better they play in Europe the less qualifiers we have each season. I don't like and I live to see the other teams embarrassed but I'd rather every year we don't have to play 3 or 4 qualifying legs before getting into a major tournament. 1 or 2 qualifiers is by far better than 4 especially with how early they start. Our players don't get as much holiday and rest and it showed this Sean to how the players were struggling due to the amount. Of games we played

*Best*
Gary mcallister has suggested that them winning the cup is the best thing for Rangers as it gives us an extra two weeks pre season
FE4oInC.gif

*Best*
Why does it give us an extra two weeks? There is no Qr2 place available

It’s absolutely not. If Aberdeen qualify for Europe and we both make it through Q1, they could take the last seeded spot from us in Q2, their coefficient is a quarter point higher. That could be the difference in playing an Espanyol or Eintracht Frankfurt versus a Crusaders or Cork City. It’s very competitive for those last seed spots. The kind of thing a coach at Rangers should know.

The managment team and other sites are saying that if C*ltic win the cup we go into the QR2 , but some sites and supporters say we are going into QR1 either way and if that is true worrying that the management staff have it wrong

You’d imagine our management team will know surely ?

And if not don’t come out and say you’ll be supporting Celtic in a cup final ffs

Why does it give us an extra two weeks? There is no Qr2 place available
And that’s the second thing a coach at Rangers should know following on from my comment above. If a bunch of us on here know enough about European qualification to distinguish that, how come the coaching staff at Rangers don’t know. It’s amateurish to be honest.

Anybody know any of their e-mail addresses and I’ll send them a link to Bert Kassies site. It’s not rocket science.

He’ll be there cheering them on no doubt. There’s no way it was just a throw away comment. I’m beeling.

Would Bert Kassis info on his site not be changed if they won the cup? Or is it set in stone? Pretty sure he is always making updates so if you are taking his site as gospel then .....

Would Bert Kassis info on his site not be changed if they won the cup? Or is it set in stone? Pretty sure he is always making updates so if you are taking his site as gospel then .....

Bert is not wrong

No matter what happens next week we enter at QR1 next season

UEFA publish an access list and that tells in advance where each country enters for European Club competitions - for 2019/20 Scotland sit 26th, down 3 places on 2018/19

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/AccessList2019.html

That is is based on results upto and including season 2017/18 over a 5 season period

For 2019/20

Champions - CL QR1
Cup Winners - EL QR1
2nd place - EL QR1
3rd place - EL QR1

Should the Champions also win the Nation Domestic Cup then 4th place enters EL QR1

Celtic
Hearts or Aberdeen if Celtic win
Rangers
Kilmarnock

I’d never want them to win anything, no matter what it is & even if it was under 9 age group.

I agree with you 100%, but at the end of the day, that cup final matters not on fuck to me.
Another fake honour for the scum if they win it.
I'd prefer Hearts win it, but 5 minutes after the whistle I'll be more than happy with the benefits it has brought us.

As for McAllister, he's basically saying, "listen, we are not Celtic and will not obsess about a game of theirs we are not involved in, lost the right to get involved in when we lost to Aberdeen and will take whatever positives come from the game after it'sdone, don't ask us about it, as it's not our problem"

Could he have put it across better? Maybe.
Could it have been worse? Absolutely, he could have went on about Celtic like they were important like you know the poets would do if roles were reversed.

I agree with you 100%, but at the end of the day, that cup final matters not on fuck to me.
Another fake honour for the scum if they win it.
I'd prefer Hearts win it, but 5 minutes after the whistle I'll be more than happy with the benefits it has brought us.

As for McAllister, he's basically saying, "listen, we are not Celtic and will not obsess about a game of theirs we are not involved in, lost the right to get involved in when we lost to Aberdeen and will take whatever positives come from the game after it'sdone, don't ask us about it, as it's not our problem"

Could he have put it across better? Maybe.
Could it have been worse? Absolutely, he could have went on about Celtic like they were important like you know the poets would do if roles were reversed.

Good point QC.

I’ll be going about my day & whatever happens won’t spoil it. I do agree that we shouldn’t behave like them, as their behaviour & comments at times aren’t those of normal people.

Would still be delighted to hear that Hearts won, and let them stew on that one over the summer ;)

It is never in Rangers' interests to watch them pick up their third successive Treble. In fact, it's fcking nauseating.

Anyway, whatever happened to the management not talking about games that we're not involved in ?

We all know they are going to destroy Hearts.
For me next season if we win the league cup we'll win the league next season the league cup is massive to boost the squads confidence and our in this team until we win something we will always flop important games. League cup is the first silverware up for grabs and for morale and belief the most important to catalyst for us to win 55.

Back