Gary Monk sacked

Marstonbear

Birmingham City have sacked manager Garry Monk after just over a year in charge of the Championship club.
There had been talk earlier this month that ex-Middlesbrough, Swansea and Leeds boss Monk, 40, would resign over the exit of Jota to rivals Aston Villa.
Monk's assistant Pep Clotet has been named caretaker head coach.
"The board of directors are hopeful that over time the team can adopt a fresh and modern footballing philosophy," a statement said.

I met someone at Christmas who told me they were good friends of Monk, and I asked about the Rangers rumours, and he said Monk is only interested in getting a team into the EPL, because he doesn’t think he would be given a job by a club already there. He is very ambitious, by all accounts. Feels he is as good as Howe, but can’t find a club to back him like Bournemouth did with Howe.

I met someone at Christmas who told me they were good friends of Monk, and I asked about the Rangers rumours, and he said Monk is only interested in getting a team into the EPL, because he doesn’t think he would be given a job by a club already there. He is very ambitious, by all accounts. Feels he is as good as Howe, but can’t find a club to back him like Bournemouth did with Howe.

Howe is a far a better manager by a distance the job he's done at Bournemouth has been remarkable a club pushing well above there weight.

Reactions: TQ3
This is not on him. He clawed back 9 point deduction to keep them up and then got them near play offs. Apparently board were heading for more issues and he spoke out.

Blooming heck!Thought he was a good fit for us .Our board are not the best imo.A 9 point deduction and we still stayed up.Tbh I aint been to a game in ages so I can only go of what iv seen on the TV.Thought he was doing a decent job.Im not sure from what iv read that we are out of the brown stuff regarding financial matters

He seems to have a decent reputation but keeps getting sacked after a year. I think he did well with Birmingham gives their problems but where does he go now?

Howe is a far a better manager by a distance the job he's done at Bournemouth has been remarkable a club pushing well above there weight.
He is indeed a better manager, but that could be because he was given the support to build a team over a couple of seasons, then build again from there. Where as Monk has had good seasons at Leeds, Swansea and Brum but got bumped or walked out.

Back