Gattuso new Napoli manager

Syme

Napoli have appointed Gennaro Gattuso as the Italian club's new head coach following the dismissal of Carlo Ancelotti on Tuesday.
Ancelotti was sacked just hours after taking Napoli into the Champions League last 16 with a 4-0 win over Genk.
Gattuso, 41, previously managed AC Milan but left the Serie A club at the end of last season.

Last edited:
Love Gattuso and wish him all the best but wtf has he done to merit that gig? Have Napoli turned into a bit of a basketcase of a club? Heard something about the owner putting the players and staff under curfew!

Well done wee man. Best of luck to you! Unfortunately he may need it with that owner.

Gattuso replacing Carlo, Italian football madness!
Napoli must be thinking their players only need a kick up the ar*e.

Some move for him. Has he done well in management recently? Seem to remember a failed stint at Sion and average results in his early days at Milan, haven't kept up with his progress since.

Not going to say they've always been my favourite Italian club but they are one of many clubs there that I like/respect. Diego playing for them helps. But whilst Rino is in charge they will be my favoured Italian club :cool: .

Why does he keep getting semi decent jobs?

just to my vague knowledge, he started well at Milan and ended up getting them to a decent place then dipped shortly after. I wouldn’t write him off as a manager just yet. Wish him all the best.

Need to remember that Milan are not currently the club they once were also.

Rino had Milan competing for a CL spot on the last day of last season. If Empoli had scored against Inter, they would have finished fourth. He left the club after that on his own accord. He didn't want the rest of his contract paid.

This season Milan are currently 10th and 9 points off 4th. He did really well there and deserves a shot with Napoli.

Signed a deal until the end of the season. He'll be gone by then.

Gattuso is a nutter and the owner is a nutter.

I loved Gattuso as a player, always felt he was underrated whilst here and pushed out of position.

In terms of his new employment, it’s only going one way.

Whatever Rino is - 'mug' isn't part of his character

If Napoli is in turmoil - & that sounds kind - he must think he's able to resolve their issues & might even see it as an advantage to take over at this stage

I'd back him over many others to rescue the situation & wish him well

Back