Gattuso's Sister Has Passed Away at 37yo

Sad news. She was a few years younger than me. No age at all.

Condolences to the family.

Heartbreaking news. Thoughts are with Rino and the family at this tragic time.

God Bless Francesca. You fly with the Angels.

Mourning in the Gattuso house, her sister Francesca did not make it
Urgently hospitalized after an illness in the intensive care of the hospital in Busto Arsizio, today Schiavonea died at just 37 years of age. Severe mourning at Gattuso's home. Francesca, the sister of the former footballer and coach of Napoli, has passed away.
The young woman suffered from a rare disease to cure which some emergency surgeries were not enough. Francesca Gattuso, barely 37 years old, had been hospitalized in intensive care in Varese last February, on the evening when the Napoli coach deserted the post-game match against Sampdoria to visit her in hospital. On that occasion, an illness had forced the emergency hospitalization with "red code". The lockdown and the difficulties in moving between the regions prevented Rino from being able to stay alongside his sister who he heard on the phone daily.
And so, as on that occasion, Gattuso learned the tragic news on the field. In this case while he was directing his team's training in Castel Volturno.

Poor lassie such a shame, I'm sure she was part of the family that he moved to Glasgow (milngavie) when he first signed,
No age at all RIP

Poor lassie such a shame, I'm sure she was part of the family that he moved to Glasgow (milngavie) when he first signed,
No age at all RIP

Aye I remember meeting her as she got lost in the Castlemains Estate and I showed her how to get to the town centre. I don't think she went to school locally but we would see her around Douglas Academy as she would have on a Rangers raincoat.

Terrible news. Heart goes out to her family and friends. Riposa in pace.

Met Rino years ago in our local petrol station when he lived nearby. His English wasn't great then. When Italy won the World Cup, we were over there on holiday. I tried to buy a shirt with his name on it - but they didn't have any in my size, strangely enough!

Tragic news. It’s so difficult to come to terms with such a loss. Being so young, she would’ve had the strength and will to live that is just heartbreaking to witness if you’re a close family member. To see a loved one finally lose that battle will have an everlasting effect on all of the family - especially younger family members who have no real understanding of death yet now have to face life without a mother or aunt.

These are sad times for the Gattuso family and friends and my thoughts are with them.

R.I.P

Back