Gay Football players

I think talking on a football forum about explicit sex acts you wish to do with other men is embarrassing, yes. It may seem a bit old-fashioned, but I am very capable of looking at a handsome man without wanting to have sex with him.

Suppressing....

Sexuality is irrelevant. It's only media, sjws, LGBTxyc3p0+ groups and indoctrinated people who think it's something worth shouting and getting all upset about.

Sexuality is irrelevant. It's only media, sjws, LGBTxyc3p0+ groups and indoctrinated people who think it's something worth shouting and getting all upset about.

Not sure about that. We’ve already had one bloke in the thread categorically state he doesn’t want gay players at Rangers because it’s a working man’s sport blah blah blah.

There’s other notable absentees from the thread too who tend to balk at the idea of social or political progress and who I imagine probably haven’t chimed in because they know they might get a bit of grief for having rather dated views.

As long as his teammates were happy with it and he didn't let down the club why should I mind?
I've never looked at any player and thought "I wonder who he's going to shag tonight, is she gonna be blonde, brunette"? I couldn't give a monkeys, I've always been more interested in what I'm going to be doing.

Couldnt give a toss about a players sexuality.

One thing for sure - If we had one gay player the bheasts would look to sign two.

The sooner players are open about their sexuality the better and by open I don’t mean shouting it from the rooftops, just not hiding it should be the approach. The fact of the matter is that football needs to roll with the times and sexuality should not be a stick to beat anyone up with, be kind is what I say!

Last edited:
Good to see the majority of decent supporters on this thread being supportive.

30 years ago I used to play 5’s and we used to always slag one of the guys who used to use the gym where we got changed for being gay.

A few years later one of the guys we played with came out as gay and I still Feel bad about our behaviour towards someone who was and still is a friend.

Not bovvered. Could not give a damn if one of our players confirmed they were gay. In fact I’d applaud their bravery in doing so as football remains a fairly “macho” environment. I also reckon if it was a Rangers player the support would rally round and give them great support that would drown out any homophobic nonsense from opposition fans. We look after our own.

What would be the reaction if a current Rangers player for example came out as gay... Would it bother people on here/in the stands or do you think wouldn't be an issue these days?

I always thought I'd be uneasy about it but the world is changing. It's going to happen to one club probably in months rather than years time... But if it was us, would it bother you?

Don't want this to be a thread to slag folk who disagree btw, it's to debate/discuss amongst ourselves if one of our players did... Not general discussion about gay people in general etc.
I wouldn't turn my back on him...

Not sure about that. We’ve already had one bloke in the thread categorically state he doesn’t want gay players at Rangers because it’s a working man’s sport blah blah blah.

There’s other notable absentees from the thread too who tend to balk at the idea of social or political progress and who I imagine probably haven’t chimed in because they know they might get a bit of grief for having rather dated views.
We can probably squeeze them into indoctrinated though?

I think we're at a stage in society now where it's not really that big of a deal for a player to come out. It's such a "normal" thing for someone to be LGBT+ that I don't see why a player would make a point of publicly coming out. It's not something that you need to keep secret it's just your persoanl life, which footballers of all races, religions etc generally keep to themselves anyway.

Why was someone reported for his oppostion? Said in OP wanted to have debate and if people oppose fair enough.

Now appears people reported a poster for his oppostion to it? Why?

Why was someone reported for his oppostion? Said in OP wanted to have debate and if people oppose fair enough.

Now appears people reported a poster for his oppostion to it? Why?

Because it then descended in to a slanging match with two posters calling each other cùnts etc etc.

If there’s one man on this planet I’d let annihilate my dung box it would be oor Brian. I mean look at him, he’s got absolutely no right being that handsome

brianlaudrupcancernsa.jpg
Too far, DZ.

What’s wrong with a kiss and a cuddle?

I couldn’t care less what a player is, colour, religion or sexual orientation. It just doesn’t matter.
That also applies to opposition footballers too. I just don’t like players that play for Celtic

Couldn’t really care less, I’ve got more of a problem with any player who doesn’t give 100% in a blue shirt

Back