Gazza and drink. New article

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
oh dear...

needs help or he'll be in bother in jig time.

an addict saying he/she is enjoying life at present is not the same as you or me saying it.

Its madness him going onto that show. Its even more daft to think he can go back to the drink and not get dragged down into the depths again.

'Twas ever thus with Gazza I guess.

When he tells you that he’s on top of it then you know it’s not good news.

He will firmly believe he’s telling the truth but we know he’ll never again be on top of it.

Sad truth is it will eventually kill him.

Sad situation really. Just leave the hooch alone Gaza, please, for your own good.

Every alcoholic suffers from delusional thinking about booze and sadly Gazza is no different. :(

Hopefully he will learn to listen and listen to learn when he next talks to another recovering alcoholic after his next breakdown.

When he tells you that he’s on top of it then you know it’s not good news.

He will firmly believe he’s telling the truth but we know he’ll never again be on top of it.

Sad truth is it will eventually kill him.

Sad situation really. Just leave the hooch alone Gaza, please, for your own good.
Rightly or wrongly, real or imagined, Paul Gascoigne has always had too many inner demons to deal with and ultimately not been able to fend off.

This could well knock George Best and Oliver Reed appearing on Parky smashed, into a cocked hat. Surely there have to be people like Chris Evans and Danny Baker, who are his friends, who should be shaking him by the throat and making sure he doesn't do this?

Unless, it has really got to the state of affairs that there is finally no talking to him.

This will be car crash TV and I'm just glad I won't be watching it.

This is sad news indeed. One drink is too many for the alcoholic, no matter how long it's been since the last one.
Complete abstinence is the answer.
Stay away from one drink, for one day, for oneself.

Rightly or wrongly, real or imagined, Paul Gascoigne has always had too many inner demons to deal with and ultimately not been able to fend off.

This could well knock George Best and Oliver Reed appearing on Parky smashed, into a cocked hat. Surely there have to be people like Chris Evans and Danny Baker, who are his friends, who should be shaking him by the throat and making sure he doesn't do this?

Unless, it has really got to the state of affairs that there is finally no talking to him.

There is little anyone can do about Gazza now unfortunately

Surely there have to be people like Chris Evans and Danny Baker, who are his friends, who should be shaking him by the throat and making sure he doesn't do
That can’t happen unless gazza wants it to happen himself.
Gazza is the only one that can help Gazza

He seems in good fettle, off spirits but drinking a few beers and wine.

Doubt this is a good thing but as he says, he's enjoying life at present.
At the end of the day, not everyone can just go cold Turkey. If he thinks that he can control it, then more power to him. Hes looked in great shape the last few times.

Actually, thinking about this after I posted it...this probably isn't a good idea. As someone said, you have one and it can open the floodgates.

Evans and Baker drank with him for a few weeks, don’t think either of them have been around him much since.

He seemed fit and healthy not that long ago on the James English podcast. Was proper chuffed for him. Please don’t do it gazza :(

I thought he had been knocked back after they done tests?

I’m sure I read that but could be wrong

Fear the worst here. :(
Same here. Heart breaking stuff. Total denial. Seen more than a few people go off the rails with alcohol and each one had to cut it out completely. They all needed a strong support network around them to do it. Wonder if Gazza has that kind of help, as the worse place for anyone to be is in an echo chamber telling yourself "I can handle it, one drink won't hurt."

At the end of the day, not everyone can just go cold Turkey. If he thinks that he can control it, then more power to him. Hes looked in great shape the last few times.

Actually, thinking about this after I posted it...this probably isn't a good idea. As someone said, you have one and it can open the floodgates.
Once and alcoholic, always an alcoholic

They’ve tried, the likes of Evans and Gary Lineker paid for him to get treatment which hasn’t worked sadly.

Wish he would just surrender and do what’s suggested at AA man. Guys going to die

Hopefully he bottoms out before it’s too late, or maybe even thinks twice about trying to self medicate.

I don’t think that he’s got the tools for either; abstinence or managing to call it a day after the occasional beer or 2.

Gutted for him.

Heard Stuart McCall talking about Gazza last weekend on radio Scotland and they asked him if he speaks to gazza regularly and I was surprised when he said he hadn’t spoke to him in years.
Do you think the 9 in a row team mates have all tried to help him over the years and cause he keeps falling off the wagon they’ve given up on him?

He seems like the kind of guy that people have just used to their ounce of coin from him and he could do with so real mates to help him and keep him on the straight and narrow.

Been very badly advised in this instance but then again who actually advises him££££

Heard Stuart McCall talking about Gazza last weekend on radio Scotland and they asked him if he speaks to gazza regularly and I was surprised when he said he hadn’t spoke to him in years.
Do you think the 9 in a row team mates have all tried to help him over the years and cause he keeps falling off the wagon they’ve given up on him?

He seems like the kind of guy that people have just used to their ounce of coin from him and he could do with so real mates to help him and keep him on the straight and narrow.
Maybe they just weren't that pally. I barely keep in touch with any ex workmates.

Back