Gazza and John Greig in the tunnel after we win 8 in a row

Drive through from Stirling uni at 4 in the morning the week before to join the queue for the public sale for tickets. Me and 3 English pals, 2 of their fathers were in the forces and had heard a lot about Rangers so those boys used to come through for matches whenever we could.

From memory a draw won the sheep the league? Gazza absolutely detroyed them. What a fucking day.
You're thinking of 1991 when they only needed a point. Celtic finished second 1996.

Everybody talks about Gazza's strength determination for the second goal. The first goal was just as good.

A great day and one that will live long in the memory.

That clip is why he is my favourite Ranger.
Biggest name ever to come to Scotland, and he knew how to entertain the crowd. That day was unbelievable

LOVE IT

Did a couple of flicks and keepie uppies with the match ball on the way off the pitch if I remember correctly?

Taking the piss out the Thistle player who tried to “do” him at Firhill was funny aswell.

Did a couple of flicks and keepie uppies with the match ball on the way off the pitch if I remember correctly?

Taking the piss out the Thistle player who tried to “do” him at Firhill was funny aswell.
I just come on to ask about that. I’m sure I remember when he received the match ball he did a wee keepie uppie routine. I’ve always wanted to see that on video again. Magical memories

Disagree, one of the best presenters ever, never showed any bias against us despite being a Tim. In fact one night on Radio Clyde he told the Tim’s to stop calling in as it was all about Rangers and the CL tonight.
Been listening to him on Go Radio. I think he's very good.

Gazza the type of player you paid your ticket to see. Sadly not many of those around today. To many having the indivuality coached out of them instead of being encouraged to go by players and try something different

Gazza the type of player you paid your ticket to see. Sadly not many of those around today. To many having the indivuality coached out of them instead of being encouraged to go by players and try something different

Agree with that. Very rarely do you see any players driving forward from the central midfield position anymore.

Back