Gazza back at Ibrox

My mates dad is immortal because he is at the front when he ran towards us.
I was next to him but it misses me!
:mad:
:)), I came out our RSC ballot on way home from the champions league game against Dortmund on the Wednesday, was scared to tell my mum incase she said I wasn’t going , the bus secretary assured her I’d be ok :D

And naw I wizny 24 :D

Was in the Govan Front.

Always mind after Gazza made it 2-1 I stood up on my seat and the bloke behind me managed to lift me fully up in the air in celebration. I was 19! :D
Would you recognise him if you saw him again?

c7sMfEM.jpg

See the buzz I got being a ypungster having gazza ,Laudrup,goram etc it was a magical team,I don't know if it's because I'm older but it feels different now,maybe all the kids feel like that today about tav,Alfredo,Ryan Kent etc
No, I think these days not the same
I think that era had some magic for those of us lucky enough to experience it

I miss the flair players which were Cooper, laudrup, Gazza.
Even having strikers of the quality of McCoist Hateley Johnston at the same time… we were spoiled.

Looking better than he did last year. Always enjoy him coming home.

Bheasts swamping the comments as per.
As always. Gascoigne was a world class player who played for my team. I agree that we got 2 fantastic seasons out of him.
A personality which is off the chart, an eye opener for me was the legends game last year when he came on for the last 5 minutes or so, he scored…ahem, unassisted….and the applause and adulation he got from everyone on both sides that day was unforgettable.
They legends were looking up to ‘the legend’….
Thanks for the memories Paul….

A fantastic day and a fantastic season - the scum only lost once in the league to us at the piggery in Sept and still couldn't take it to the final day. As I remember Father Burns went water skiing at Loch Lomond when we were taking care of the Sheep. Cheer up ....

My old man took me to Ibrox when I was 6 year old in 1969, we then immigrated to Rhodesia in 1972. I came back to the UK in 1991 and my parents came back in 1996. This was the first game I took my old man to on his return. I'll never forget the look on his face when he saw Ibrox again, he commented that it was so colorful and modern. To top it all off we won 8 in a row that day and Gazza's display was world class. My old man is long gone now but I'll never forget that day as long as I live.

i was too young to remember bears, but did he sign with us as a player who already had his best days or was was he at his peak?

How good was he for us?

Did it send shockwaves through football when he signed for us?

Anyone remember when he took a corner with his hand against Dundee Utd? Jim McInally for Utd was nearest and was pishing himself laughing as the linesman was flagging and trying to explain to the ref what had happened. (days before they were miked up.)
Ref is asking whats up from the penalty box and the linesman is making a motion like he was playing a bowls shot.
60 secs of madness. :p

The guy was/is funny bonkers

Laudrup all day every day for me. Was an absolute pleasure watching those two every week however.

Loved him absolutely ripping the pish out of Billy McDonald at Firhill. :))
Ha Wee Billy is one of my mates. We give him pelters about this still nowadays!

Gazza and him became friends after that and kept in touch for many years, even after he had left Rangers and Billy had stopped playing.

Ha Wee Billy is one of my mates. We give him pelters about this still nowadays!

Gazza and him became friends after that and kept in touch for many years, even after he had left Rangers and Billy had stopped playing.
Good to hear. He lost the plot that day and Gazza kept the crowd entertained with some keepie ups whilst he got his marching orders :))

Good to hear. He lost the plot that day and Gazza kept the crowd entertained with some keepie ups whilst he got his marching orders :))
Billy told me before that the next game v Thistle after that red, he got off the bus coming into Ibrox and as he got into the stadium Gazza was standing waiting and handed him a bit of paper.

He opened it in the dressing room and it had a phone number on it and under it said “Go easy on my ankles and we are going out tonight for a drink.”

Sure enough they ended up out for a drink after the game.

i was too young to remember bears, but did he sign with us as a player who already had his best days or was was he at his peak?

How good was he for us?

Did it send shockwaves through football when he signed for us?
He played his best football when he was with us.
He’s said that himself.
Genius.

Proper fella. I remember that iconic celebration and goal Gazza scored against Scotland. Sorry lads, I'm an England fan... a decent one though!

He is without doubt the greatest player I have ever seen in a Rangers jersey , he could turn a game on his own
He was arguably a world class player whose peak was at Rangers but I still maintain he was only the third best player in that side behind Goram and Laudrup.

As much as we dominated in Scotland we should have done so much more on the bigger stage.

Anyway, more importantly, great to see him looking well and happy. A human being with more demons than most but a heart bigger than pretty much anyone. Love him to bits.

For me, he is the kind of player that england need to win a major trophy, his type of class is needed for teams to take that extra step.

The wc final, with mpabbe and messi slugging it out are why these countries can go all the way.

Had a very long lunch break from work the day he was unveiled at Ibrox.

Was walking about in a stunned daze for days afterwards,couldn’t believe he was a Rangers player.

THAT day we were in the Govan Rear yellow section,ONLY Paul Gascoigne could’ve done what he done to win us the League.

Genius at work.

Waved to him as he did a mazy in his club Honda away from the crowd, following Hately first one way up Edmiston Drive, then a u turn from them both and up towards Broomloan end. He was pissing himself laughing trying to keep up with Hately, was quiet up that end of the road and I was skiving off at lunchtime I’m out the car waving at him as he gives me the thumbs up going past. A great day and happy memory.

Billy told me before that the next game v Thistle after that red, he got off the bus coming into Ibrox and as he got into the stadium Gazza was standing waiting and handed him a bit of paper.

He opened it in the dressing room and it had a phone number on it and under it said “Go easy on my ankles and we are going out tonight for a drink.”

Sure enough they ended up out for a drink after the game.
That's brilliant.

It just makes me smile to see this genius back in blue shirt and where he belongs. What amazing memories of just being so much better than everyone else.

One of his best individual performances was against them at Ibrox in Nov 97 when Gough scored to give us a one nil victory. It was not like the Aberdeen game performance but everything went through him and they could not get a kick off the ball.
He turned in a similar performance for England against Italy a few weeks before which showed his true class.
Hard to believe within 6 months of those two performances, he had left us and was not even in the England squad for France 98.
Had he screwed the nut during that time then we would have got ten in a row and would have been a star of the show for England.

I was 12 when he signed. I was in awe. My mum and dad let me get my hair bleached for it. Absolutely love the guy and still do at 40 years old.
I got my hair bleached too, never worked out to good, it was more like Bart Simpson yellow colour than peroxide blonde!! Lol

The day he beat Aberdeen to win 8 in a row is one of my earliest memories and my first game I went to. I was 9 and my granda took me and we sat in the Copland rear, I can still picture the celebrations when he scored and after full time. After it we went to the Sherbrooke castle and I remember I had that much fizzy juice I was sick.
Great memories mate. I hadn't ling turned 12 but can still picture the move then the ball hitting the net for all 3 goals. The celebrations at the first 2 were mental.

Also mind my dad bought some Orange tape from outside before it and we listened to it all the way home then for hours that night

Back