Gazza on GMB

He looked healthy and happy. Good to see.

Shame Peter Shilton still hasn’t managed to get over something that happened 34 years ago. He could at least have tried to say something nice about Maradona. Moaning faced auld prick.

He looked healthy and happy. Good to see.

Shame Peter Shilton still hasn’t managed to get over something that happened 34 years ago. He could at least have tried to say something nice about Maradona. Moaning faced auld prick.
The thing is,no player in Maradona's position would've owned up,not a single one.
Any blame lies with the officials.

Does Joe Jordan take the same abuse for HIS handball at Anfield v Wales?

I seem to recall Paul Scholes scoring at Wembley against, I think, Poland using a hand....or am I making this up?

To be fair to Shilton, the time lag between the screens makes that look a lot worse.

He clearly smiles when he hears the audio.

Took it in the spirit it was intended.
Aye and there was a point he was telling Gazza he was looking really well but the presenters were talking at the same time.

The thing is,no player in Maradona's position would've owned up,not a single one.

I seem to recall Paul Scholes scoring at Wembley against, I think, Poland using a hand....or am I making this up?
Only one that comes close is the abuse Henry got for knocking the Irish out of World Cup qualifying.

I think some of it was down to the bad feeling still present after the Falklands War, certainly on the Argentinian side of things. Lets be honest, if it happened against you in such a big match you would be furious at the time and take a long time to forget. I will give you Scottish Cup Finals of 77 and 89 as examples of shocking decisions that are still fumed over.

What’s shiltons problem ? Ben and Reid laughing , it was a funny quip and a way of bringing shilton into the conversation, and he reacts furiously ffs. A man has died a man who literally inspired millions of kids to love football , and shilton still can’t get over being outfoxed by him . What a helmet

Your correct but I think it was Turkey

What’s shiltons problem ? Ben and Reid laughing , it was a funny quip and a way of bringing shilton into the conversation, and he reacts furiously ffs. A man has died a man who literally inspired millions of kids to love football , and shilton still can’t get over being outfoxed by him . What a helmet
Ever seen him on Twitter? The term Gammon really annoys me but I hate to say it, Shilton is the epitome of what a Gammon is, he’s an old bitter twat.

To be fair to Shilton, the time lag between the screens makes that look a lot worse.

He clearly smiles when he hears the audio.

Took it in the spirit it was intended.
Gazza was obviously winding Shilton up. He was an outstanding goalkeeper and had a brilliant career. As to not forgetting what Maradona did to him show me a keeper who likes losing goals and I'll show you a lying bastard.

Thierry Henri twice, once against us and once against the ROI,
Ironically the only one that the Scottish phress wanted him hanged for, was the one against the Republic!

I am sure Maradona was being impish with that handball and fully expected to get booked. He would have taken the booking with glee as it would have gone down well with his Argentine support base who saw beating England as an objective where anything would go.
Getting a goal with a handball was probably seen as a form of justice that evened out previously imagined injustices. (We didn't win back the Malvinas but we got a goal from a handball).
The blindness of the officials maybe was a Godly intervention whereas Maradona's hand was the work of the devil inside Maradona.

As for Shilton, his shame was that he had the entire advantage in the challenge for the ball and was beaten by a veritable midget.

Shilton was definitely rattled by Gazza's comment. He also made the point that others had done similar 'tricks' but that he had never been in the same room as Maradonna since so they had never had a beer and laughed it off.

Yeah,I can well remember the Henry handball in the Nou Camp. I was limiting my examples to international games.
Anyway, I know one thing, I'll never see a better footballer than Diego Armando Maradona.

Interesting to read this morning that a few of the English players weren’t happy with Shilton at the first few goal, felt with his size and height advantage he should’ve wiped Maradona out.

Thierry Henri twice, once against us and once against the ROI,
Ironically the only one that the Scottish phress wanted him hanged for, was the one against the Republic!

I am sure Maradona was being impish with that handball and fully expected to get booked. He would have taken the booking with glee as it would have gone down well with his Argentine support base who saw beating England as an objective where anything would go.
Getting a goal with a handball was probably seen as a form of justice that evened out previously imagined injustices. (We didn't win back the Malvinas but we got a goal from a handball).
The blindness of the officials maybe was a Godly intervention whereas Maradona's hand was the work of the devil inside Maradona.

As for Shilton, his shame was that he had the entire advantage in the challenge for the ball and was beaten by a veritable midget.
Aye. The last part has just so many questions, maradona shouldn’t be beating a goalkeeper in the air. And that’s even with his hands.

Probably not the time or place, but Shilton must be the most overrated keeper of all time, certainly at International level. Should never have got so many games ahead of Clemence.

And he's a total wank as well.

I think it's the fact that Maradona never, ever came clean and actually admitted years down the line that he cheated.

Fallacy over Jordan - referee clearly indicated bu action that penalty was given fir pushing down on Jordan’s shoulder, irrespective of the hand ball !

"When the Liga side hosted Lazio at the Sánchez Pizjuán in an exhibition match in November 1992, Gascoigne and Maradona shared the pitch as well as a far from-standard pre-match diet. Speaking to The Athletic, Gascoigne recalled that he informed Maradona in the tunnel before the game that he was "smashed" after a "three-day bender at Disneyland. "Don't worry, Gazza, so am I," Maradona replied...

It's hard enough to play football sober never mind what these 2 achieved in their careers

Sounds like Shilton has had a personality transplant.. It’s Gazza for goodness sake. It’s what Gazza does.
For the record I think Shilton was a world class keeper. Will always remember that save v Scotland at Wembley in 73.

Back