Gazza or Barry Ferguson

Gazza or Ferguson

• Gazza

Votes: 247 69.0%
  • Ferguson

Votes: 111 31.0%

• Total voters

smittbox7

I seen the Gazza & Laudrup thread then thought Gazza played more in the CM & Laudrup was a winger.

So I thought Gazza & Barry Ferguson would be a better is comparison.

So...

img_4563.jpg

I would say Barry also. Gaza gave me some amazing memories but as did Barry and contributed more over his two stints.

As I posted recently, only two Rangers CM’s in my football watching lifetime were better than Barry Ferguson and Paul Gascoigne was one of them.
Frankly, it isn’t even close.
I should probably know who the other one is but struggling. Who?

Was tough but went Fergie prior to his move to Blackburn he was incredible for us however that 8 in a row season with Gazza was out of this world.

I still maintain if we hadn’t sold Gazza when we did then we would have won 10 in a row

Gazza is obviously better but my football life begins and ends with Rangers so I voted on their contribution to us. And yes I was there when Gazza won us 8 in a row.

Really depends on the question. What I would say is that Ferguson would’ve achieved a lot more had he managed his injuries better and respected his body.

Ability - Gazza
Contribution to Rangers - Ferguson

If the question was based on who did more for us, then Barry every time. If the question was based on the better player across their career, then Gazza. Either way, along with thousands of us on here, I'm fortunate to have watched both represent us with distinction from the start to the end of their times with us.

Gascoigne on his day was truly world class - unplayable.
Barry was an outstanding talent and contributed more to Rangers over a longer period. It is conceivable that Scottish football held him back somewhat. Some of his best performances came in Europe against some real big names. Would have been interesting to see how his career would have developed had he went to play on the continent for a while - say Italy.
Hate to vote against Barry but in this instance it's got to be Gascoigne.

If it was based on 1 season only - Gazza - but Ferguson produced better over a longer peroid of time.

Gazza was sensational.

Similar to everyone else, Gazza by far the most talented but Barry did more for us in his career....

So OP is the question who was the better player or who was the better player for us?

Gascoigne on his day was truly world class - unplayable.
Barry was an outstanding talent and contributed more to Rangers over a longer period. It is conceivable that Scottish football held him back somewhat. Some of his best performances came in Europe against some real big names. Would have been interesting to see how his career would have developed had he went to play on the continent for a while - say Italy.
Hate to vote against Barry but in this instance it's got to be Gascoigne.
Remember Barry's performance against Inter at Ibrox? Top class, one of his best.

There was a laughable post the other week talking about the Ferguson / brown debate. I can't remember a single occasion Brown went up against a top class player or team and ran a game.

Remember Barry's performance against Inter at Ibrox? Top class, one of his best.

There was a laughable post the other week talking about the Ferguson / brown debate. I can't remember a single occasion Brown went up against a top class player or team and ran a game.
Brown in Europe ran around a lot wondering why he was getting booked for tackles he got away with in Scotland and never bossed a single opponent of any class. Barry made guys like Lothar Matthaus and Riquelme look bang average.

Gazza was the better player but I went for Barry for 2 reasons. 1 he contributed more to us and 2 He was more my era.

Voted Ferguson. Difficult one, as like others have said, Gazza was different class but Ferguson’s contribution over his career swung it for me. On his day Ferguson could easily stand toe to toe with some of the best, always felt he deserved to play for a better team when he moved to England.

The fact Barry is getting any votes at all tells you how good he was coz Gascoigne was a genius. Plain and simple.

It's not even an argument.

Gazza was entertaining for a few seasons and did phuck all in Europe. For a supposedly world class player he let us down every time.

Barry went toe to toe with the best Europe had to offer and always looked a player. As the downsizing continued he led a load of shite to domestic silverware.

Barry for me is up there with Greig and Gough.

Gazza what player great individual could win games on his own.
Barry great captain and team man right now would have him to show the lot we’ve got what it means to be a Ranger.

Back