Gazza or Barry Ferguson

Gazza or Ferguson

• Gazza

Votes: 247 69.0%
  • Ferguson

Votes: 111 31.0%

• Total voters
As much as I love Gazza i voted Barry just for the fact he came through ranks,lived the dream and was a winner,we probably saw best of Gazza,unbelievable player and gave us some magic moments

Ferguson, easily for me. Both dominant domestically, but one in Europe looked like an elite player, and one was a liability in the majority of his European games for us.
Having all the talent in the world doesn't mean much when you can't use it when it was needed most.

Gazza was a better player but looking back it was great seeing a young Scottish boy who'd came through our youths leading a team of fantastic players and still standing out. Loved watching both in a blue shirt.

Fergie was immense for Rangers and Laudrup was sublime. But my favourite player for all his flaws was Gazza. The title game against the sheep when he won the game for us will go down in legend.

Gazza was world class and gets my vote. Don't think I've seen a player smash midfield to pieces like he did.
Barry was a different era, the future when I first saw him. If we had a midfielder like Ferguson now we'd be in a better place.

Fergie was my hero for years so I vote him. If only we had someone like him since.

We probably won't see a player like either of them at Ibrox again for decades.

Remember Barry's performance against Inter at Ibrox? Top class, one of his best.

There was a laughable post the other week talking about the Ferguson / brown debate. I can't remember a single occasion Brown went up against a top class player or team and ran a game.

Because it’s never happened. I’ve seen Barry play players like Mattheus and Diego off the park. I’ve seen Scott Brown play run of the mill SPL crap off the park and that’s been his ceiling.

I have to say that Ferguson was our Brown, .... actually im insulting him saying that as he could play football and proved it in the EPL. But I have to go with Gazza. He is one of the worlds greatest, Lineker etc were nothing compared to him. So yea central mid of Fergie and Gazza win win.

Gazza was the better player, Ferguson contributed more by virtue of being around longer. Both embarassed the club about the same amount with their off field behaviour

I've voted for Barry as he was my hero growing up. Admittedly, Gazza was a real world class player. What you'd give to have them now!

I seen the Gazza & Laudrup thread then thought Gazza played more in the CM & Laudrup was a winger.

So I thought Gazza & Barry Ferguson would be a better is comparison.

So...
Night & Day, Gazza all the way !

Barry was great player 1st time at club, 2nd time no where near the player he was !

Gazza was simply World Class

Gazza is the most gifted British player of my generation, im 47.

fergie was a massive player for us die longer but in terms of ability was nowhere near gazza.

Gascoigne had more talent and was genuinely world class at a few points in his career.

Ferguson was more important to us as a player and also a much better player than the Tims will ever realise, or even care to admit.

Back