Gazza Rabona penalty

He always did a Rabona free kick just before going up the tunnel to get ready for the game and it would always hit the bar. As a kid I would just watch him playing about before games he would do some amazing things with the ball.

Said this yesterday about Mark Walters but Gazza is also one of my all time favourite Rangers players.

It’s a lengthy list to fair.

the thing I will always remember about Gazza isn't the dribbles or shots. its was the timing of his pass when we could take a player out the game with the timing of a 5 yard pass. he just seems to be able to hold it a little bit longer to slow up the defender which gave his team mate the advantage

the thing I will always remember about Gazza isn't the dribbles or shots. its was the timing of his pass when we could take a player out the game with the timing of a 5 yard pass. he just seems to be able to hold it a little bit longer to slow up the defender which gave his team mate the advantage
For someone who wasn’t gifted with physical, athletic attributes - he could fair shift when he got going!

Pure footballing genuis. Idolised him growing up.

Surprised he doesn't get mentioned when people argue about Laudrup and Larsson for best to play in this country.

His control was simply brilliant. And those free kicks

What a player. Beat a man with ease, strong, just brilliant

First I’ve ever seen this, presume it was a friendly/charity match or something?

Cracking pen :))
I’d like to know more.
Like the opponents and the score at the time.
It’s just that I’m usually critical of players playing for themselves with the wee dinked penalty and Gascoigne’s here.
No problem if the penalty isn’t critical.
Nothing wrong with entertaining the support and beyond.
(Unless, of course, you’re a Rangers player then you’re being disrespectful.

What about that control at pace, could go it alone or play a one two, his touch, vision and finish was the best I’ve ever seen and for that reason he remains my favourite player of all time. Always loved Gerrards comment when Gazza was visiting training, he told all the squad “ this guy is a level above every single one of us”

He really was a fantastic talent.

As an aside, I didn't think a Rabona was about as long ago as that. I thought it was a more recent invention :))

Tell him I said %^*& off:))

baggio-miss.gif

Glad to say I seen him play for us, nothing against modern players , but how much do you think he would be worth in to-days market?

Glad to say I seen him play for us, nothing against modern players , but how much do you think he would be worth in to-days market?
If Jack Grealish is £100m then Gazza at Spurs nowadays playing the way he was when he was there would be £250m??

I’ve still never saw anyone hit free kicks into the keepers far top corner like him. Everyone goes near post over the wall these days, Gazza loved the long way round into the far post. Absolute class act.

Seen him score a hat-trick in close door friendly vs Morton back in the day. A penalty and 2 unbelievable finishes in top bin from 25 yards - celebrated like it was world cup. Guy was/is a genuis

Back