Gedion Zelalem.

Must admit I thought this lad was going to have a special career. Remember a game against Raith at Ibrox and Zelalem and Oduwa looked like very special prospects on those showings.

Wee mans first game and asked him what he thought the score would be. Bang on the money 5-0 15/1. :))

Oh Warburton is magic.................:cool:

Remember him being tidy on the ball but his shoots were always weak as piss and remember shiting it that he was going to take a pen in the old firm semi and it was probably the best pen of the lot

An Arsenal graduate and it shows a mile off, theres plenty like him who are very tidy on the ball. See Kamara for reference.

I liked him, accusations of being lightweight but who cares? Should have had a better career.

Good luck to the boy, that day at Ibrox with him and Oduwa v Raith Rovers will live long in my memory.

I care not for the league we were in or the standard of the opposition, that was the first time in ages I had a huge cheeser on my face watching us since the shite that went before.

Personally thought he was gash especially once the initial hype wore off. Yeah he was decent on the ball but every other part of his game was severely lacking.

Remember being worried as he stepped up to take his penalty but he was as cool as you like

Very similar to kamara. Which is why the dinosaurs in our support weren’t happy. Kamara would never have flourished for us either under Pedro, Murty or Warburton.

Zelalem under the current regime would have been interesting. The type of player I would have expected to flourish under this management team.

Players were never fit enough or given proper coaching under the previous regimes and guys who use reading the game to break play up etc were fighting with one hand tied behind their back.

Remember being worried as he stepped up to take his penalty but he was as cool as you like
Off topic but i watched the penalties the other week while having a drink in the house when nicky law steps up you can hear the groans from the rangers end

Gave me a laugh :)) watching it back he took it well right in the corner

An Arsenal graduate and it shows a mile off, theres plenty like him who are very tidy on the ball. See Kamara for reference.

I liked him, accusations of being lightweight but who cares? Should have had a better career.

Good luck to the boy, that day at Ibrox with him and Oduwa v Raith Rovers will live long in my memory.

I care not for the league we were in or the standard of the opposition, that was the first time in ages I had a huge cheeser on my face watching us since the shite that went before.
Remember that game well, couple of times he dropped the shoulder and left them for dead, so effortless as well.

Last edited:
Very similar to kamara. Which is why the dinosaurs in our support weren’t happy. Kamara would never have flourished for us either under Pedro, Murty or Warburton.

Zelalem under the current regime would have been interesting. The type of player I would have expected to flourish under this management team.

Players were never fit enough or given proper coaching under the previous regimes and guys who use reading the game to break play up etc were fighting with one hand tied behind their back.
A good shout. Zelalem had plenty about him and comes from the same coaching system as Kamara.

Think Wenger made a mistake in sending him to Holland after us.

Off topic but i watched the penalties the other week while having a drink in the house when nicky law steps up you can hear the groans from the rangers end

Gave me a laugh :)) watching it back he took it well right in the corner
Sometimes the ones you're most worried about surprise you. Hemdani in Florence another example!

Good player just not robust or strong enough for our league I'm sure he will have a decent career elsewhere.

A good shout. Zelalem had plenty about him and comes from the same coaching system as Kamara.

Think Wenger made a mistake in sending him to Holland after us.

His cruyff turn in the Easter road 2-1 defeat where McKay scored the belter was absolute filth. He just moved and had a poise on the ball that just screamed natural footballer.

I was certain he was going to leave us to go on and be a top player in a better league with better players around him etc. Not surprised to hear he has had bad injuries as he’s disappeared basically when he had the ability to be so much better.

Must admit I thought this lad was going to have a special career. Remember a game against Raith at Ibrox and Zelalem and Oduwa looked like very special prospects on those showings.

Wee mans first game and asked him what he thought the score would be. Bang on the money 5-0 15/1. :))

Oh Warburton is magic.................:cool:

Loved that season haha.

No matter how it ended, there were some great moments and matches.

He has also played for a team called Swope Park Rangers who would appear to be Kansas City reserves would tThat be correct?

Was our best player in the 2016 Scottish Cup final and that penalty v Celtic was good patter. Wish him the best, technically he should have enough to forge a decent MLS career.

Zelalem just lacked that wee bit of physical and mental toughness I think, was a bit too ‘nice’ and safe with his passing.
Not massively dissimilar to Kamara IMO, both came through Arsenal, great technical skills etc. Kamara has probably developed by having to play in places where the football can be a bit more agricultural, and we’re now reaping the benefits.

For such a young lad I thought he was a very intelligent player. However, most in Scotland want their midfielders charging in to tackles which wasn't his game. He will make a very good career for himself.

I'm surprised Deila hasn't tried to sign everyone that played for us that day considering the way we played.

Probably mate. I just thought he looked good at the time. Turned on a sixpence, always found space. Good awareness.

I also thought Grezda would light the place up and wasn't totally against McInnes as manager, so I have since realised I know %^*& all and am not to be trusted. Even by me.

You're not the only one mate. We've all been through desperate times since 2012 so a lot of us looked for hope anywhere we could.

Was our best player in the 2016 Scottish Cup final and that penalty v Celtic was good patter. Wish him the best, technically he should have enough to forge a decent MLS career.

Taking him off in the final lost us that match. Nicky Clark who came on for him miscontrolled the ball which led to the first corner. We then couldn't get control of the game for the last few minutes. Zelalem stays on the park there is no corner and we have someone in midfield that can control the tempo of the match.

There's a list of about 50 players you'd want to see under this regime really. Which is what makes it even more crap that its not going well for docherty and mcrorie

Personally thought he was gash especially once the initial hype wore off. Yeah he was decent on the ball but every other part of his game was severely lacking.

He could receive a ball and turn elegantly but had no clue what to do with the ball after. Seemed to panic half the time and just pass it out of play.
Definitely looked like an American who was blessed with a decent talent for football but had only played a few times as a kid

Back