General Meeting: Club 1872

I don't think many would begrudge him that but it's the underhand way that it seems to be getting pursued. He - and his virtual puppet on here - need to be more transparent IMO. This MacaroniPie character (whoever he is :rolleyes: ) is plainly at it.
This is not and has never been about Dave King or buying his shares, once we have exhausted the % of shares we can buy off the Club, I would be the first one to advocate the purchase of Dave Shares.
But this could only happen if we had the money and the Members agreed to such a large acquisition ( I'm sure they would )
This has always been about a puppet three-man Board controlled and guided by an externally paid unelected individual who has consistently changed and ignored the rules for their own benefit
The sooner we have professional and or successful business people in controlling the near £5 million of assets the better,
I have noticed that the more information about this Board that is made public, the less their supporters on here are commenting.
Maybe they have been instructed by Chris to be quiet and hope I go away, I won't.

I am not a member and would never join any club of this type. What the club do with cash is up to those voted in at an AGM. As it happens they buy shares in Rangers but is that a legal requirement and if so in what name are the shares held. Also how much has been spent on shares at what cost and what is the current holding and value. Shares held in the name of the club (or whatever name) can be sold at anytime by those authorised to deal without going back to members. The stock market will deal with those named to act on the holding without any concern of any members.
Personally I would never join this type of club but if I want a say in Rangers then I have my shares in my name and if we all did this then fans voting together as one with mainly what would be the same goal would make all the difference.
Give your hard earned cash to Rangers and not a club.

Bye Bye

This is not and has never been about Dave King or buying his shares, once we have exhausted the % of shares we can buy off the Club, I would be the first one to advocate the purchase of Dave Shares.
But this could only happen if we had the money and the Members agreed to such a large acquisition ( I'm sure they would )
This has always been about a puppet three-man Board controlled and guided by an externally paid unelected individual who has consistently changed and ignored the rules for their own benefit
The sooner we have professional and or successful business people in controlling the near £5 million of assets the better,
I have noticed that the more information about this Board that is made public, the less their supporters on here are commenting.
Maybe they have been instructed by Chris to be quiet and hope I go away, I won't.

You may have got me wrong.
I fully understand your concerns and I fully understand your moves to address these concerns. For what it's worth, I think you are doing the correct thing.
However, I have read enough within the thread that from others' perspectives that it is very much about Dave King and his shares.
And a C1872 board with nothing to hide would surely be more than willing to clear up any misunderstandings as to their motives and actions.

You may have got me wrong.
I fully understand your concerns and I fully understand your moves to address these concerns. For what it's worth, I think you are doing the correct thing.
However, I have read enough within the thread that from others' perspectives that it is very much about Dave King and his shares.
And a C1872 board with nothing to hide would surely be more than willing to clear up any misunderstandings as to their motives and actions.
Their actions are a direct result of doing what they are told to do

I think if you look back I said these seven people are in charge, let them get on with it. Now there are three people controlling it and totally ignoring the original rules
Yes things have changed
And I will still promote the idea of 1872
Something completely off subject, why is the supporters bus that leaves lodge anderson mcmillan called 10M.
As a youngster, used to see the names of buses etc in the evening times., and always wondered about them.
Maybe the 80s or earlier.
Was it ten members or masonic related.

Club1872 are rogues, I’ve never felt as a supporter that they’ve cared about any fan issues ever. We need transparency especially for financial backers.
Of course they don't care about fan issues

Put it this way they won't be defending the song book or our clubs identity anytime soon.

Could of told you all that 2 seasons ago

Something completely off subject, why is the supporters bus that leaves lodge anderson mcmillan called 10M.
As a youngster, used to see the names of buses etc in the evening times., and always wondered about them.
Maybe the 80s or earlier.
Was it ten members or masonic related.
Originally 10 Members

Of course they don't care about fan issues

Put it this way they won't be defending the song book or our clubs identity anytime soon.

Could of told you all that 2 seasons ago
As long as some of our fans continue to keep Bobby Sands memory alive and their obsession with the Pope and the now-defunct terrorist organisation, there is no defending that particular songbook

Do you not think we should buy Dave King shares?

Would you rather Dave King sold his shares to others (not fans)

Have you contacted Chris Graham personally to discuss privately?

I'm a member of club 1872 and have been since Rangers first and ask these questions to get a better understanding of where we are in the process.

Also others in the thread that have never contributed, let's not kid ourselves on here, you will always have an excuse not to join.

Do you not think we should buy Dave King shares?

Would you rather Dave King sold his shares to others (not fans)

Have you contacted Chris Graham personally to discuss privately?

I'm a member of club 1872 and have been since Rangers first and ask these questions to get a better understanding of where we are in the process.

Also others in the thread that have never contributed, let's not kid ourselves on here, you will always have an excuse not to join.
100% we should buy Daves Share but only after we have exhausted our options by putting money into Rangers direct
I emailed Dave a few weeks ago when I found out about all the Shennagins that were going on, as usual, he replied to me, obviously the contents were said in a private email and will remain private.
From my understanding, Dave is not in any hurry to sell his shares
Why should I contact Chris when he has no authority over 1872, ( Officially ) he has my number if he thinks anything I am saying is untrue or not based on facts,
same as Laura has
Pretty sure they all come on FF, the floor is theirs.
I believe we can get a sizable amount of fans to join once we get the Board sorted and give the members the Transparency that they require

100% we should buy Daves Share but only after we have exhausted our options by putting money into Rangers direct
I emailed Dave a few weeks ago when I found out about all the Shennagins that were going on, as usual, he replied to me, obviously the contents were said in a private email and will remain private.
From my understanding, Dave is not in any hurry to sell his shares
Why should I contact Chris when he has no authority over 1872, ( Officially ) he has my number if he thinks anything I am saying is untrue or not based on facts,
same as Laura has
Pretty sure they all come on FF, the floor is theirs.
I believe we can get a sizable amount of fans to join once we get the Board sorted and give the members the Transparency that they require
Thanks for response.

With regards to contacting Chris Graham, I only asked that as I would always go down that road first of all before I went on a public forum to discuss. Although as you said he has not contacted you either which isn't good in my opinion.

Good news if Dave King is not in a rush to sell, I would hate for the fans not to get hold of his shares when the opportunity was there and for others (who might not have the same best interests at heart to get them)

Time will tell on this however if we don't get it right this time we never will.

Thanks for response.

With regards to contacting Chris Graham, I only asked that as I would always go down that road first of all before I went on a public forum to discuss. Although as you said he has not contacted you either which isn't good in my opinion.

Good news if Dave King is not in a rush to sell, I would hate for the fans not to get hold of his shares when the opportunity was there and for others (who might not have the same best interests at heart to get them)

Time will tell on this however if we don't get it right this time we never will.
I know how much Chris is getting ( or his nominee ) and it's quite scandalous, but it is only my intention to make all the facts I know public if they don't walk away

It was you that brought the subject up, anyway that is for another thread
Actually it was another poster originally brought it up I just happened to agree with it and knowing a thing or two about c1872 feelings on the subject I felt need to post

Then you bring up mr jobby and mr popey

I know how much Chris is getting ( or his nominee ) and it's quite scandalous, but it is only my intention to make all the facts I know public if they don't walk away
Ok, so from your point of view what do you think the end game will look like and when?

I'm seriously getting pissed off with this club1872 bullshit (and I'm sure I'm not the only one member), I don't want to cancel my DD but I'm getting to the stage of thinking what's the point.

Ok, so from your point of view what do you think the end game will look like and when?

I'm seriously getting pissed off with this club1872 bullshit (and I'm sure I'm not the only one member), I don't want to cancel my DD but I'm getting to the stage of thinking what's the point.
Don’t cancel your DD (I did and now regret that I can’t get involved in what Robert is trying to do).

I would like to see the present Board resign and replaced by a temporary Board of Consultants for a six-month period, this temporary Board would be made up of five Professional people or successful business people.
They would take soundings, ideas, and anything else their Members wanted to be taken into account.
After the six month period, we can have an open election based on the conclusion of the collective ideas and vote on a new constitution
I would like to have open meetings once a month and, I would also like to see a Zoom meeting for fans who are not local so they can give their ideas face to face
To make this as successful as it should be, everyone needs to and should feel part of it. Maybe even do a Podcast if required
Going forward I would also like to see nine Directors with the right qualifications to lead a CIC with £5 million worth of assets, That would negate any chance of a very small group of individuals using Club1872 for their own use
If we get them to resign in an agreeable manner, I would then publish the names that I think can sort this mess out and get the confidence of the fans to rejoin and many others to join

Think the thread title should be renamed to avoid confusion.
Is this an AGM or an EGM?
The thread title is correct; it is a General Meeting that is being called for. That’s how the articles of C1872 describe it (also described as a “meeting of contributors”). The Directors must hold one at least annually (but haven’t) or they must hold one if 5% / 250 members call for one; but there is no procedural or legal distinction between an annual meeting and an additional one held “at any time”.

The thread title is correct; it is a General Meeting that is being called for. That’s how the articles of C1872 describe it. The Directors must hold one at least annually (but haven’t) or they must hold one if 5% / 250 members call for one; but there is no distinction between an annual meeting and an additional one.
There is a massive difference between an AGM and an EGM. An AGM is yearly as per constitution. An EGM is different. Extraordinary General Meeting. At an EGM that is where members basically call a vote of no confidence in the board. Forgive me if I am wrong and in this. It's been a while.

Anything that gets shares that have a vote to stop and unwanted takeover or purchase of the club is good. The current Rangers Directors have done well and I like shareholders who can put a million or two into the club if it is required. I have no idea of the qualifications of those who run 1872 or how they run it and I expect none of the members know what they do.
The current Rangers board are men if money behind them and if we had the same with 1872 things would I am sure be different. Where people put some of their own cash into a club or business there is a better chance of it being run properly. If King and Park etc can maintain the bulk of the shares then the club will be in safe hands.
Does anybody know if a Director of Club 1872 also sits on the Rangers FC board which I would have thought was essential.
I know some do not agree with my comments on this thread but I am in favour of fans having a say on the running of the club but I am not sure the current set up does that.

There is a massive difference between an AGM and an EGM. An AGM is yearly as per constitution. An EGM is different. Extraordinary General Meeting. At an EGM that is where members basically call a vote of no confidence in the board. Forgive me if I am wrong and in this. It's been a while.
Yes, we all know the initials and in many organisations they have meaning. As I said, the articles of C1872 make no distinction between meetings called, but one at must be held each year. No meeting of contributors of C1872 is “extraordinary” in a legal sense (the lack of one in recent years is what in extraordinary).

And EGMs - in organisations that have them - can have other purposes than the single one you identify.

Anything that gets shares that have a vote to stop and unwanted takeover or purchase of the club is good. The current Rangers Directors have done well and I like shareholders who can put a million or two into the club if it is required. I have no idea of the qualifications of those who run 1872 or how they run it and I expect none of the members know what they do.
The current Rangers board are men if money behind them and if we had the same with 1872 things would I am sure be different. Where people put some of their own cash into a club or business there is a better chance of it being run properly. If King and Park etc can maintain the bulk of the shares then the club will be in safe hands.
Does anybody know if a Director of Club 1872 also sits on the Rangers FC board which I would have thought was essential.
I know some do not agree with my comments on this thread but I am in favour of fans having a say on the running of the club but I am not sure the current set up does that.
No, and nor do I see it as essential. It may even be undesirable by compromising the independence of C1872.

The current set up SHOULD allow members to have a say in the running of the club, because C1872 is a reasonably significant shareholder. Not a say in day to day running, but if the Board want to win votes on material issues then they need the backing of significant shareholders. The current stewardship of C1872 undermine that ability because it’s shedding members (therefore unable to increase its shareholding) and because it appears to be pursuing other priorities.

Aren't the poster that said you would never join1872

Yes, we all know the initials and in many organisations they have meaning. As I said, the articles of C1872 make no distinction between meetings called, but one at must be held each year. No meeting of contributors of C1872 is “extraordinary” in a legal sense (the lack of one in recent years is what in extraordinary).

And EGMs - in organisations that have them - can have other purposes than the single one you identify.
I simply gave one instance where an EGM can be called. Just pointing out the difference between the type of meetings

Aren't the poster that said you would never join1872
Yes. That does not mean to say I am not in favour of fans having a worthwhile input.
This thread indicates there is a problem with 1872 hence I would not join.
At present we rely on the Rangers board to provide the club with the cash they need and any of them who wish to sell should ensure it is a Rangers man with money that buy them.
At the age of 80 I have watched my club for around 70 years and at present we have fought back against all who hate us and are doing well and we do not need power seekers doing anything other than showing support and keeping fans informed and holding shares that could prevent another disaster.
In any company a large shareholder has a position on the board and thus is aware of the running of the business. This has nothing to do with day to day running.
Anyway I look forward to another great season which our current Rangers board and management I am certain will give us.

I think you are trying to lecture the wrong guy
No probs Robert. You'll find it was me that was being lectured. LOL. I wish you all the best in your quest for change. I'm not a member of 1872 unfortunately but I admire your desire for change because from the outside looking in, many things appear wrong.

No probs Robert. You'll find it was me that was being lectured. LOL. I wish you all the best in your quest for change. I'm not a member of 1872 unfortunately but I admire your desire for change because from the outside looking in, many things appear wrong.
I just want the members treated with respect and stand up for the Rangers fanbase
This is not about me or Dave King's shares, this is about Transparency and Accountability

In fairness, you shouldn’t need to be releasing that information as members should’ve been made aware

it’s scandalous that it’s got to this stage

Yes. That does not mean to say I am not in favour of fans having a worthwhile input.
This thread indicates there is a problem with 1872 hence I would not join.
At present we rely on the Rangers board to provide the club with the cash they need and any of them who wish to sell should ensure it is a Rangers man with money that buy them.
At the age of 80 I have watched my club for around 70 years and at present we have fought back against all who hate us and are doing well and we do not need power seekers doing anything other than showing support and keeping fans informed and holding shares that could prevent another disaster.
In any company a large shareholder has a position on the board and thus is aware of the running of the business. This has nothing to do with day to day running.
Anyway I look forward to another great season which our current Rangers board and management I am certain will give us.
Cheers Mate and I hope you have many many more years watching the Gers

I don't think it's essential. nor even desirable - not least to avoid bizarre accusations of blazer-chasing - but there is a solid argument for C1872 nominating a person to be on the Rangers board, but it should be someone that meets the requirements for that position. I was once in a position where I met the then members of the Scum FC board, and remember being impressed by the range of backgrounds they had (Politics, retail, finance etc) - people with real experience of running major companies and brands.

I would like to see the present Board resign and replaced by a temporary Board of Consultants for a six-month period, this temporary Board would be made up of five Professional people or successful business people.
They would take soundings, ideas, and anything else their Members wanted to be taken into account.
After the six month period, we can have an open election based on the conclusion of the collective ideas and vote on a new constitution
I would like to have open meetings once a month and, I would also like to see a Zoom meeting for fans who are not local so they can give their ideas face to face
To make this as successful as it should be, everyone needs to and should feel part of it. Maybe even do a Podcast if required
Going forward I would also like to see nine Directors with the right qualifications to lead a CIC with £5 million worth of assets, That would negate any chance of a very small group of individuals using Club1872 for their own use
If we get them to resign in an agreeable manner, I would then publish the names that I think can sort this mess out and get the confidence of the fans to rejoin and many others to join
Would you like the moon on a stick too ? :))

Seriously though that's the kind of thing I'd happily get involved in and be a member of, really hoping you are successful

Back