General Meeting: Club 1872

@mdingwall and @Robert Marshall can I ask what your stance is on club1872 purchasing Dave Kings share is?

For me there definitely seems to be two sides forming here leading to King and Murray at loggerheads.

I contribute to Club1872 and at first I wasn't happy about it but I'm now more comfortable if they are purchased if or when there are no new shares in the club to be bought directly and if King offers them at a fair price. It will go a long way in achieving the goal of club1872.

The very reason I flat refused to join, blazer chasing and people getting ideas way above their station was absolutely inevitable.

I bought some shares myself, feck having other people control my investment.
All done with other peoples money.

@mdingwall and @Robert Marshall can I ask what your stance is on club1872 purchasing Dave Kings share is?

For me there definitely seems to be two sides forming here leading to King and Murray at loggerheads.

I contribute to Club1872 and at first I wasn't happy about it but I'm now more comfortable if they are purchased if or when there are no new shares in the club to be bought directly and if King offers them at a fair price. It will go a long way in achieving the goal of club1872.
To be perfectly clear, I will never be able to thank Dave King enough for what he did for this Club and my family.
This is nothing to do with Dave but everything to do with. the Directors who voted themselves to be Judge and Jury of what our Members wanted without having the Curtesy to even ask them.
From my point of view, we should not be buying anyone shares just now as long as the Club has shares to sell and the money is going straight to the Club.
Once Club1872 has bought up all the allocated shares from the Club, then I would personally propose we buy as many as possible of Dave's Shares
This is about Transparency and Governance, nothing else

So many egos, so many divides, so many want to be the hero. This thread just goes to show why fan ownership will never work. ALL people look after self interest first, its human nature.

So we now have issues with the inclusive board (i agree this is a sham), issues with Chris Graham (what has he actually done?), Dave King getting called out (yes the same DK that saved us from the spivs)...

And on the other side. You know the "transparent" side. Aye they're about as transparent as dug sh.ite with big plans that can only be told on a need to know basis. Doing wonders for trust there guys.

Call a meeting. Get members involved. Lay plans out. Give the current board a right of reply. Get big Shadowy Chris in to tell us all why he's supposedly lurking like a hooded Geppetto. Give every man a vote.

... then the people who didnt win the vote will bitch for another vote. And round and round we go again.
Nothing to do with the need to know with me, first of all, I need the necessary numbers to call a GM, once I get the numbers I will ask anyone on here if they have the necessary skill set that will be needed to run the CIC for the maximum 6 months
After that, it will be down to the Members to chart a way forward

Nothing to do with the need to know with me, first of all, I need the necessary numbers to call a GM, once I get the numbers I will ask anyone on here if they have the necessary skill set that will be needed to run the CIC for the maximum 6 months
After that, it will be down to the Members to chart a way

After that, it will be down to the Members to chart a way forward

Someone said you need 250 members to call a meeting? Also, how do you intend to get your request passed? Do they need to run an online poll.

I don't think I would trust them running a poll to vote on their own future.

Whether club 1872 really has infighting or is a closed shop isn’t my main concern. My main concern is the fact it’s completely stalled. It’s got what 7k members. It’s had 7k members forever. Where’s the growth . Are you telling me the size of our fanbase that’s the best we can get . Didn’t hearts get more . It’s currently not fit for purpose and it needs reformed . With it without the current directors

I was member 214. Got in early but left a couple of years ago as I was and still am convinced that the board was turning into a closed shop for fans who wanted the limelight

Whether club 1872 really has infighting or is a closed shop isn’t my main concern. My main concern is the fact it’s completely stalled. It’s got what 7k members. It’s had 7k members forever. Where’s the growth . Are you telling me the size of our fanbase that’s the best we can get . Didn’t hearts get more . It’s currently not fit for purpose and it needs reformed . With it without the current directors
Theres something deep rooted in our support that doesn't trust this type of organisation - I'm a current member but watching on not that surprised that it's panned out this way (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).

Theres something deep rooted in our support that doesn't trust this type of organisation - I'm a current member but watching on not that surprised that it's panned out this way (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).
I agree . I don’t even think it’s easily solved . Maybe folk have seen so many fans groups over the years and just think club 1872 is just another group . There’s not really room for 2 fans groups it just dilutes the effect. I felt that when we had things like the trust , the assembly etc . Throw in the fact club 1872 already has a large shareholding and the answer is to reform club 1872 not start another group

one solution I like that ends the blazer chasing/closed shop aspect is limited terms for board members . Say 2 terms of 2/3 years so 4/6 years max then you need to step down and can’t be a director again.

Is he the poster 'Brown Brogues' who was nearly on the Rangers Board as Fans Representative ?

That would make a lot of sense.

I found him massively condescending. His style was painful.

He wrote the most obvious of statements, then passed them off as some type of knowledgeable stance.

Some of his posts, where he pointed to, reading between the line - %^*&, that was painful.

Threw toys out the pr pram when he was overlooked for the job someone far more qualified ended up getting . Then the snide social media posts started.

Wasn’t it funny how club1872 said nothing as the club and fans were being battered from pillar to post a few weeks back. They’d have loved the pressure being placed on our PR team at Ibrox. Absolutely loved it
That hadn’t occurred to me. If that’s the reason they’ve not said anything ( and I’m now struggling to think of any other reason) it’s piss poor and really disappointing.

I think all the folk in at Club 1872 love the club but it really does look like they’ve lost their way.

It got 7000 members mate because they are many in the Rangers support talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Even in the bad days , our march to Hampden got about 10 - 12k max,

I was at the SOS marches, what did we get , maybe 2k - 3k.

Ps. This is not a dig to bears that live in N.Ireland or elsewhere away from the central belt. A lot harder/expensive for these guys to have came to these protests.

Its the same with club 1872 , people always have excuses about not joining

Our club was nearly destroyed, the man (one of them) who saved it is now offering the fans a chance to buy his shares back and we are not talking this opportunity.

We will never learn.

Did King see C1872 as the only vehicle to get his money back and paid Graham to work 'in the shadows' to facilitate it?

On the balance of information and speculation so far available, this could well be the case if you join the various dots together. We just don’t know though. Club 1872 should be clearly communicating what role, if any, he has, either within the organisation or as a ”consultant” to it and who is funding that. I’m a contributing member and there has been zero communication from Club 1872 that I can recall from them on this. Neither confirmation of his involvement, nor any denial. Which just allows speculation and rumour to swirl around. I’m very close to stopping my current direct debit for the “legacy scheme” due to all of this.

Following Legal Advice, I am now asking Members of Club 1872 to add their names to call for a GM Meeting of Club 1872 with the sole purpose of having a vote of no confidence in the current board
Can you PM me your name and Club 1872 number and whether you are a life member or contributing member
If you have recently stopped contributing to Club 1872 can you PM your name and number and the reason you have left

PM sent

Baffling that after months of negativity over director resignations, rumours about Chris Graham’s involvement and then the release of Rev. MacQuarrie’s letter that no one from the board of Club 1872 has responded. Perhaps fan media could invite them to take part in an interview where they would have the opportunity to give their side of events. @David Edgar @ID10

Baffling that after months of negativity over director resignations, rumours about Chris Graham’s involvement and then the release of Rev. MacQuarrie’s letter that no one from the board of Club 1872 has responded. Perhaps fan media could invite them to take part in an interview where they would have the opportunity to give their side of events. @David Edgar @ID10
I would quite happily do a face to face podcast with them where they could either confirm or deny all the allegations
Also would give individual members a chance to put a question to them

I think an interview would be a positive thing, gets both sides of the story out there and builds communication.

Not a platform for an interrogation with further allegations as that would lead nowhere.

I think an interview would be a positive thing, gets both sides of the story out there and builds communication.

Not a platform for an interrogation with further allegations as that would lead nowhere.
If they do one then they should be open and transparent, there are no trick questions, They will have facts put to them

David Edgar already made this offer on yesterday's H & H daily update show and now Robert has done the same.

It should be a platform for members concerns that should be honestly and openly answered
I got plenty of it with RF and answered everyone as honestly as I could
I am open to a fault
It's not about you :D :D. If people want answers it should be organised by someone relatively neutral doing the mediating and allowing Q&A. Not you interrogating them on your podcast.

That would make a lot of sense.

I found him massively condescending. His style was painful.

He wrote the most obvious of statements, then passed them off as some type of knowledgeable stance.

Some of his posts, where he pointed to, reading between the line - %^*&, that was painful.
I must have the wrong end of the stick here, as I thought he was one of the 'good' guys. The way he destroyed Spiers on tv was brilliant.

To be perfectly clear, I will never be able to thank Dave King enough for what he did for this Club and my family.
This is nothing to do with Dave but everything to do with. the Directors who voted themselves to be Judge and Jury of what our Members wanted without having the Curtesy to even ask them.
From my point of view, we should not be buying anyone shares just now as long as the Club has shares to sell and the money is going straight to the Club.
Once Club1872 has bought up all the allocated shares from the Club, then I would personally propose we buy as many as possible of Dave's Shares
I would agree with this, I want c1872 to buy Dave Kings share but only once RFC has stopped issuing shares that are available for c1872 to buy.

Its impossible not to see the cosy c1872 and Dave King relationship has caused them to go for Kings shares ahead of the clubs issued shares.

That's one view regarding DK.
However, I think it has a lot more to do with DK than you suggest here. I think Club 1872 directors are taking instructions from him. Meaning a lot of the governance issues raised are directly attributable to him. I think DK intends to retain influence over his shares by controlling Club 1872.
If you are successful in stopping the current directors doing what they want to do you will, in reality, be blocking Dave King's plans.
That's what I suspect, but I could be wrong. If you keep going down this road you might find yourself being asked to stop, and be given more background on what the plans mean for DK and Club 1872.

However, I think it has a lot more to do with DK than you suggest here. I think Club 1872 directors are taking instructions from him. Meaning a lot of the governance issues raised are directly attributable to him. I think DK intends to retain influence over his shares by controlling Club 1872.
If you are successful in stopping the current directors doing what they want to do you will, in reality, be blocking Dave King's plans.
That's what I suspect, but I could be wrong. If you keep going down this road you might find yourself being asked to stop, and be given more background on what the plans mean for DK and Club 1872.

Very possibly. In which case Club1872 should be clarifying the issue for members and if so, Dave King should be standing for election to the Club1872 board. Reading these threads suggests he may want that influence via the deal to sell shares to Club1872 and with Chris Graham operating as his proxy behind the scenes. Full transparency would require either Dave or Chris to be in the open on this and standing for election.

If…and it’s a big if as we don’t really know…..this is what’s going on.

Either way, the Club1872 board need to get in front of this and communicate to members exactly what is going on.

It's not about you :D :D. If people want answers it should be organised by someone relatively neutral doing the mediating and allowing Q&A. Not you interrogating them on your podcast.
Actually, you are wrong, it is about me and thousands of other members,
All they need to do is answer the questions that a life member is asking
Is that too much, feel free to get involved if you feel that way

Nice to be mentioned but I’ll try say this and hope it makes sense

I don’t think I’m experienced enough to tackle this situation properly. There is a lot going on and I have deliberately kept out of this whole situation and it is my intention for it to stay this way. Why muddy the waters when others could tackle it more expertly

This is a very important situation which requires best coverage. I also don’t want to be seen to be on a particular side especially when 4lads has a big following etc
That's what Neville Chamberlain said

Being asked to stop by whom?

Hard to know the truth in any of this and who is acting out of altruistic intentions and who has self interest at the front of their mind. A lot of people with history in the debate and likely axes to grind.

Needs everyone to take a step back take a breath and think about what we have been through and the opportunity that sits before us. In 20 years time what will be remembered is what we did to secure the fans place in ownership of the club. Not who got what position.

Hard to know the truth in any of this and who is acting out of altruistic intentions and who has self interest at the front of their mind. A lot of people with history in the debate and likely axes to grind.

Needs everyone to take a step back take a breath and think about what we have been through and the opportunity that sits before us. In 20 years time what will be remembered is what we did to secure the fans place in ownership of the club. Not who got what position.
I have no personal axe to grind and have no intention of standing to be a Director

Actually, you are wrong, it is about me and thousands of other members,
All they need to do is answer the questions that a life member is asking
Is that too much, feel free to get involved if you feel that way
You do enjoy the limelight that's for sure, so I suppose you really can't see any other way of doing this than it being you calling the shots on your podcast.

Personally I believe that the Directors of C1872 should be given an opportunity to explain their position to members and answer questions, based on some damning allegations.

Interesting times ahead for your coup and who you choose to be the interim board. I suspect though that, sadly, majority fans will not buy into it going forward as the 'ego v ego' is tiresome.

Back