General Meeting: Club 1872

Robert Marshall

Following Legal Advice, I am now asking Members of Club 1872 to add their names to call for a GM Meeting of Club 1872 with the sole purpose of having a vote of no confidence in the current board
Can you PM me your name and Club 1872 number and whether you are a life member or contributing member
If you have recently stopped contributing to Club 1872 can you PM your name and number and the reason you have left

I’d encourage all members, and recent members, to back this. Something has to change. C1872 is a substantial shareholder in RIFC and those shares belong to the members. There is an obligation on all of us to ensure that C1872 is fit for purpose and fit to represent its members. Sadly, that doesn’t appear to be the case at present.

I'm a contributing member. TLDR it for me, why have you got no confidence in the current board. I see different threads but tend to ignore them cause I cant be arsed with drama.
Club 1872 was formed on a one member one vote organisation, it is now basically controlled by three board members aided and abetted by a figure in the background
I want the control back to the members with a Board that is open and transparent

I'm a contributing member. TLDR it for me, why have you got no confidence in the current board. I see different threads but tend to ignore them cause I cant be arsed with drama.
Have a read at the first five posts here

Club 1872 was formed on a one member one vote organisation, it is now basically controlled by three board members aided and abetted by a figure in the background
I want the control back to the members with a Board that is open and transparent
Who is this shadowy figure in the background?

Have a read at the first five posts here

What in the fucking %^*& o_O

I honestly had no idea they were behaving like that and also that 2 other directors had resigned lol.

So what's the plan, I still want to give money to the organisation as fundamentally I agree with the idea of it but this is like a mini dictatorship and not what I would expect of people representing the Rangers fanbase.

The whole thing needs totally revamped.
Good things they have done recently are thin on the ground.
Not confident that adding two new faces to the board that is already there will solve anything.

Wish people would stop saying 'figure in the background' or 'the paid consultant' and the likes. Speak plainly and name him. I presume it's Chris Graham, and if it is, what is it that he's done/is doing wrong?

Following Legal Advice, I am now asking Members of Club 1872 to add their names to call for a GM Meeting of Club 1872 with the sole purpose of having a vote of no confidence in the current board
Can you PM me your name and Club 1872 number and whether you are a life member or contributing member
If you have recently stopped contributing to Club 1872 can you PM your name and number and the reason you have left
Message sent

I see lots of threads about "the figure in the background" and the likes.

Playing Devils Advocate here - Why not just name him and let us know what you are so against that he has done? You want transparency you say, yet offer nothing but cryptics in your posts about shadowy figures. What do you want transparency about?

Or if you cant give us any details, then are you not just doing the same thing being all secret squirrell shadowy figure lurking???

Wish people would stop saying 'figure in the background' or 'the paid consultant' and the likes. Speak plainly and name him. I presume it's Chris Graham, and if it is, what is it that he's done/is doing wrong?
I’ve no idea of Chris’ involvement or otherwise; only really what I read on here and what I guess myself based on C1872’s evident priorities and where is has focussed its energy. But that’s not the issue for me. The issue is that governance appears to be totally broken.

The maximum number of directors has been cut, to a level that allows the three existing directors to act in concert and control it. It essentially renders these current elections moot.

Allegations have been made about the conduct of the directors, and those directors have avoided even acknowledging the allegations, let alone allowing any scrutiny of their conduct.

The directors appear to have abused Schedule 3 of the articles to bar candidates they don’t personally like. I‘ve no dog in a fight between Mark and those directors, but members should have the right to elect or not anyone, not have the directors judge their suitability. They’ve also made allegations of misconduct against another former director, using them to eject her but without providing specifics of those allegations so that members can judge.

C1872 has egregiously failed on many, if not most, of its original promises. It has dedicated almost zero energy or resources to the things it was set up to do. It’s broken, ineffective and a source of division, rather than unity.

Whether Chris Graham is involved in an unelected capacity or not doesn’t change the fact C1872 needs to change. If he is involved in an unelected capacity then he shouldn’t be, no matter the motives for his involvement and no matter what good he may be doing.

I would happily rejoin C1872 if I knew there was new leadership. I left a few years ago because I felt my contribution was going nowhere. Now that C1872 have a substantial shareholding, it matter more (imo) that it is run properly - as a representative of the fan base.

Good luck in this.

I had joined the legacy membership but after reading the Stuart McQuarrie letter I cancelled my membership.

The day the Club 1872 Board went ahead with the King share purchase scheme without consulting the members was the day that ultimately did for them (only a matter of time before their fate is sealed one way or another).

Fans turning on fans and the same old faces wanting a shot at being in the limelight

Nothing changes.

Robert has said he isnt standing for election but trying to put a temporary board in place, and i dont see anyone else putting themselves forward. I'd trust Robert's intentions for the club over a lot of people involved at C1872 currently given the internal turmoil it appears to be going through.

PM sent

The very reason I flat refused to join, blazer chasing and people getting ideas way above their station was absolutely inevitable.

I bought some shares myself, feck having other people control my investment.
I have both. I have shares I bought myself, and will be buying more in the current issue. But, that’s for me. That’s my personal little piece of ownership.

I also joined and subscribe to C1872 because I believe that a large fans group as a a substantial shareholder has huge potential upsides. I still believe it could have, if I had trust that it was being run properly.

It is my intention to ask if a temporary new board of 5 people, professionals or business people, be placed in charge for 6 months to allow free and transparent elections to take place.
& how will this board be put in place/decided?

Sad to hear this. I have become disillusioned with club 1872 recently and got close to cancelling my direct debit earlier this week. I always thought Chris Grahm represented the fans well and was very professional on any interviews. Certainly put Spiers in his place.

Whoever puts their head above the parpet next will face the same treatmwnt.

Back