General Meeting: Club 1872

I cancelled my subscription on hearing Rev McQuarrie had resigned from the board some months ago(Through FF).
Would my details be of any use Robert? I was only a £5 a month subscriber for a few years. I now put my spare cash to Rangers Lotto.

King failed to protect his investment or the club during David Murray's time at the club.
He failed again to stop us falling into the hands of parasites.

So I don't really get your analogy.
Plus. Thats 2 failures and ultimately one of our greatest off field successes afterwards, for the club.

MM is trying to use his experience to help a fan group.
Not to get back in the door of Ibrox in a position of power.
How could King protect his investment? Murray had full control. He could have kept it in his pocket, that's it.

I cancelled my subscription on hearing Rev McQuarrie had resigned from the board some months ago(Through FF).
Would my details be of any use Robert? I was only a £5 a month subscriber for a few years. I now put my spare cash to Rangers Lotto.
From the OP:-

If you have recently stopped contributing to Club 1872 can you PM your name and number and the reason you have left.

I cancelled a few months ago and PM’d my details to Robert.

How could King protect his investment? Murray had full control. He could have kept it in his pocket, that's it.
You mean like when MM and Walter Smith were put in there as the face for the fans as Rangers men, with no control?

Thanks. For confirming my point.
We'll played Sir.

You mean like when MM and Walter Smith were put in there as the face for the fans as Rangers men, with no control?

Thanks. For confirming my point.
We'll played Sir.
they weren’t “put in there” Walter tried to help and left because he had now control. Malcolm hung in because he loved the blazer. You’re views on DK are moronic
thanks for confirming that
Well player Sir

they weren’t “put in there” Walter tried to help and left because he had now control. Malcolm hung in because he loved the blazer. You’re views on DK are moronic
thanks for confirming that
Well player Sir
If you say so.
Read what I typed. I only see one thing moronic, and it's you and your wee clique.

Your pal compared King to Waghorn FFS.

Now your telling us Walter and Malcolm just walked in the door one day and decided to stay there as long as they felt like it?

They were put there. By the owners...

I have nothing positive or negative to say about MMurray, I've never met him, but I wouldn't have thought it's blazer chasing.
But I wouldn't know if it was.

And I've nothing but respect for King.

But hey.
Your wee clique can compare lifelong Rangers fans to Green.
King, Murray and Smith to Martyn Waghron and shout about moronic this and that when a better analogy doesn't fit your wee agenda.

The need to get one up on fellow bears on here is frightening.

Last edited:
This is the thing that drives me nuts on here. I disagree with the wife sometimes, I disagree with my best mates. I disagree with people that work for me and I disagree with the people I work with. Very rarely are my aims at odds with those people’s and never ever do I wish them ill.

For some reason, when it comes to Rangers, many people seem too eager to defend the indefensible because they have aligned themselves to one actor or another. Or they find fault in every action and every word from someone merely because they have taken a side in a perceived divide.

I might see your proposal and disagree with some of the detail of it. And I‘d say so. But I’ll respect your motives and won’t be shy in agreeing with those aspects I do agree with. Likewise, I don’t mind anyone telling me they disagree with me. But do it respectfully and try to convince me that you’re right and I’m wrong. That’s how the world should work.
You've put it better than I ever could.
As you can clearly see.
Too many little girls on here, need a villain and a hero.

Whether the hero is themselves with their head so far up their own arse. Or Dave King who for all his great work for Rangers, has never as much as jaywalked in some star struck eyes.

Or the Villian is a poster with an open mind or a flawed director paying electricity bills, now turned devil on earth.

You've put it better than I ever could.
As you can clearly see.
Too many little girls on here, need a villain and a hero.

Whether the hero is themselves with their head so far up their own arse. Or Dave King who for all his great work for Rangers, has never as much as jaywalked in some star struck eyes.

Or the Villian is a poster with an open mind or a flawed director paying electricity bills, now turned devil on earth.
I think the thread is meant to be about getting an AGM arranged.

I'm sitting here in disbelief.
If you are going to back a GM. Or EGM (but probably not an AGM) yet allow everyone against it to start calling people morons every second post, I struggle to see what you hope to achieve?
Here's the thing. The Constitution of Club 1872 calls for the directors to hold a General Meeting once a year - although it doesn't specify any agenda items. So, by hook or by crook a GM will be held but in view of the revelations of Reverend MacQuarrie it beggars belief that anyone would object to a General Meeting.

The sooner the better.

Why would Dave King leave the actual board of Rangers to try and take control over a fan group? It can't only be about selling his shares surely?

Why would Dave King leave the actual board of Rangers to try and take control over a fan group? It can't only be about selling his shares surely?
He stepped down as chairman because it was the consequences of his battle with the takeover panel.
I think DK wholeheartedly believes in fans owning a stake in Rangers, a meaningful stake too, because it is genuinely the best way to protect Rangers from parasites. He is a fan himself, and I don't think anyone could argue that he doesn't love the club.
He's not profiting from his deal with Club 1872 either. They are buying his shares for what he paid for them. That's a big thing because the value of his shares is only going to go up as Rangers strengthen their hold at the top of Scottish football.
However, in his mind, he knows how Club 1872 has to operate while controlling a significant shareholding. I don't believe he thinks its anywhere near where it has to be. So he is shaping it into a suitable vehicle for controlling the fans shareholding.
The only thing is he won't be wasting any time with squabbles and democracy. He is going to do things his way. And if that means having a puppet board, shadow directors and being "flexible" with governance then so be it.
I'm torn over this. Club 1872 probably aren't set up to responsibly control a large shareholding in Rangers. A project to make them fit for purpose needs somebody who knows what they are doing. And who better than him?
On the other hand it's understandable a lot of members are concerned. Democracy is being ditched, and governance bent all over the place. Should Club 1872 really be reconstructed as one man sees fit? Because it's Dave king maybe, but don't expect him to explain anything, or communicate while he goes about business. And that, ironically, leaves us exactly where we are with Club 1872 as we were with Rangers under David Murray.
I've grown to trust Dave King, and I'm inclined to go along with anything he wants. However, there is that nagging feeling about doing it the right way, and Club 1872 is a members organization ffs!
Always like to end posts like this by saying all of this is my opinion. I am not in the know, and I could be wrong.

Said it from the word go. The organisation should have been set up to attract tens of thousands of members and not purely a share buying enterprise. Its no surprise to me that less than 10k people joined.

We could have had one of the largest organisations in the UK with 200,000+ members. That gives you real political clout and might even make the bigots in the media and elsewhere think twice before attacking us. Instead we have an organisation that's powerless and irrelevant.
Spot on, a Club1872 with 200k members paying £1 a week would provide an easy £2m net for share purchasing. Then make the rasion d'être of the organisation raising funds thru events, collections and challenges to fund more share purchases.

Any updates of any progress @Robert Marshall ??
Yes, I have well over half of the number they have imposed and I'm working on the rest.
My hope of having five professional people to make up a temporary Board is just about complete, I have four people ready to put their names forward.
I think it may take another month to get everything in order.
Hopefully, the three Directors will realise that their positions are untenable and resign, saving any more bad publicity for Club 1872
If they care about 1872, the Fans, the Club and indeed their own reputation then they will resign and help insure a troublefree changeover

Spot on, a Club1872 with 200k members paying £1 a week would provide an easy £2m net for share purchasing. Then make the rasion d'être of the organisation raising funds thru events, collections and challenges to fund more share purchases.
I would think with the right people in charge getting 20000@£5 a month would be achievable in the first 12 months

I think you should revise your numbers

Yes, I have well over half of the number they have imposed and I'm working on the rest.
My hope of having five professional people to make up a temporary Board is just about complete, I have four people ready to put their names forward.
I think it may take another month to get everything in order.
Hopefully, the three Directors will realise that their positions are untenable and resign, saving any more bad publicity for Club 1872
If they care about 1872, the Fans, the Club and indeed their own reputation then they will resign and help insure a troublefree changeover
Thanks Robert

£1Nope, low cost high membership. A club with 50k season ticket holders must have a few times that globally. But, even with your 20k x 5 it’s £600k net before fund raising.
The present model isn’t inclusive, it needs to be.
£200000 x £1per week x 52 weeks is £10.4m a year
20000 x £5 a month x 12 is £1.2m a year, a very easy and realistic amount to raise expanding it month on month to we reach 50000 fans worldwide. works out £3m a year and very affordable for most fans

Nope, low cost high membership. A club with 50k season ticket holders must have a few times that globally. But, even with your 20k x 5 it’s £600k net before fund raising.
The present model isn’t inclusive, it needs to be.
Getting 200000 people to sign up is the hard part, no matter the low cost.

£200000 x £1per week x 52 weeks is £10.4m a year
20000 x £5 a month x 12 is £1.2m a year, a very easy and realistic amount to raise expanding it month on month to we reach 50000 fans worldwide. works out £3m a year and very affordable for most fans

20,000 seems ambitious but it really shouldn’t be give them size of our fanbase

I don’t know why the club haven’t ever set up a scheme like this, nothing attached other than the satisfaction knowing your £ is going directly to the club

20,000 seems ambitious but it really shouldn’t be give them size of our fanbase

I don’t know why the club haven’t ever set up a scheme like this, nothing attached other than the satisfaction knowing your £ is going directly to the club
I think when RST and RF joined together it was about 14000, not positive but that number sticks in my mind
20000 is less than half the ST Holders

Well I can only speak for myself, but when we started RF it cost our family £12K in expenses over the 18/24 months that it took to get it sorted
I never took a penny in expenses from RF, none of us did
My problem with Chris is the way he has operated, being paid to basically run Club 1872 from the Shadows while not declaring it to the members
Sitting in meetings which he had no right to attend unless invited by Club 1872, and if he was why weren't the members told
I have never really bothered about being popular but I would have done the job for nothing, but not in the background
Club 1872 have been guilty of covering up Chris's involvement and the fact he was paid by a third party, it's irrelevant who paid him, the problem was and is that they hid it from the members
What’s Chris’s area of expertise, profession?

It’s really important that this meeting takes place. You don’t need to do anything apart from sending Robert your name and membership number. When I think of all the time and effort put into the RST and RF and, in five years, they have lost a significant number of members and income and have managed to decrease their percentage shareholding. Something needs to happen.

It’s really important that this meeting takes place. You don’t need to do anything apart from sending Robert your name and membership number. When I think of all the time and effort put into the RST and RF and, in five years, they have lost a significant number of members and income and have managed to decrease their percentage shareholding. Something needs to happen.

100% this.

C’mon, folks, if you’ve not already done so, then please send your details to @Robert Marshall as per OP.

Back