General Meeting - There's always one

Marvel72

General meeting today passed off without much of note. However, one guy who identified himself as being from "Follow Rangers" made a very self important intervention to berate James Blair over the dilution of shareholdings and to demand that his group are given the opportunity to buy shares. Not much info about them online but according to some Twitter posts they have about 50,000 shares. That is about 0.034% of the shareholding unless I'm mistaken and will be even less after these loans are converted? Pretty odd that such a tiny group would feel such a sense of entitlement.

Guy after him stood up and thanked the investors for providing the soft loans which have rebuilt the club and will now likely be converted to shares. He got a round of applause in contrast to the stony silence and shaking heads at the "Follow Rangers" rep.

I was sat in front of him. He phoned somebody prior to the meeting, stated he had spoken to (Malcolm Murray), I think that was the name and he intended to vote against because abstaining was n option.

Why any fan would give a %^*& about dilution is beyond me. You still have your share and your right to attend meetings. Those converting loans to equity are also fans.

The company would have went bust and you would have had shares in nothing were it not for the soft loans provided.

Some folk are idiots. Or claim to be experts on things they have no comprehension of.

He asked some fair questions - especially about fans being able to buy shares that put money into the club, instead of the pockets of the selling share-holders - but his self-important delivery really undermined the points he was trying to make.

James Blair responded very well, I thought.

He asked some fair questions - especially about fans being able to buy shares that put money into the club, instead of the pockets of the selling share-holders - but his self-important delivery really undermined the points he was trying to make.

I would agree with that. I was there , thought the questions were fair and that James Blair did very well with all his answers.

General meeting today passed off without much of note. However, one guy who identified himself as being from "Follow Rangers" made a very self important intervention to berate James Blair over the dilution of shareholdings and to demand that his group are given the opportunity to buy shares. Not much info about them online but according to some Twitter posts they have about 50,000 shares. That is about 0.034% of the shareholding unless I'm mistaken and will be even less after these loans are converted? Pretty odd that such a tiny group would feel such a sense of entitlement.

Guy after him stood up and thanked the investors for providing the soft loans which have rebuilt the club and will now likely be converted to shares. He got a round of applause in contrast to the stony silence and shaking heads at the "Follow Rangers" rep.
Are they not the same people that thought Ashley would be good for us

Asking questions for the sake of asking questions was my feeling on in it

Buying shares mechanism / the dilution of shareholders interest / digging up what Dave king said from 5 years ago....

If people really want to buy shares they can at the moment anyway if they really wish to do so / want to spend the time to investigate how to do it’s, it’s really no different from years back when you would have to get a stockbroker and make an order for the shares & write them a cheque off for them

no point rangers going through a costly process of another share issue now when we need large scale / big money investment , not thousands of people putting in a few hundred / couple thousand

People can support the club in other ways is the message really need to get across

James Blair did respond well but the guy was not really making good points. If supporters want to invest money directly into the club they can do so through Club 1872. If they just want to have a small number of shares to attend meetings then they are easily obtainable. Having a huge spread of shares amongst thousands of supporters, many of whom don't actually vote them, is an expensive luxury, particularly when a share issue comes along.

He also tried to pull up the board for not mentioning UEFA Financial Fair Play in the GM pack when they actually did raise the fact that conversion of the shares would assist with that.

Also when those points are being made in such a pompous way by a guy who at best represents 0.034% of the shareholding it really isn't a great look.

Having looked more into Follow Rangers on Companies House, it seems to be a Ltd company with only one director. Very, very odd. Hope nobody is being taken for a ride financially.

I don’t think i’d able to hold my tongue at an AGM with some of a nonsense people come away with.

The price a ra pies are a joke, the toilets don’t smell like roses etc.

Brain dead.

Exactly every board including this one should be held to account .

They should. But as the op said, perhaps not in manner of the gentleman today who came across as ill informed, full of his own importance and very much focussed on the wishes of his little group (circa 50 people it seems), rather than the club.

The fact that he couldn't even be bothered to read the circular, and see that there was an explanation of UEFA FFP in it, doesn't bode well for the future of the group he represented.

Was "Follow Rangers" not a so-called alternative to Club1872?

It's the guys who didn't like the fact that C1872 went in one direction at the merger between RST and Rangers First when they wanted to go in another. From memory (and I could be wrong) they were involved with RF but left in a huff.

Judean People's Front

I'm sure there will be an open offer after this one I reckon summer 2021 the resloution will be presented and voted on at the AGM in 2020 money raised will go into the stadium and business infrastructure of the club

Without being there or seeing a pic - I presume this will have been Michael Grover from Fife, one of the RF bitter-enders.

Has a very distinctive voice and delivery.
That's the name. Came across as very self important.

Never heard of them before now, but we haven't had a thread on a new oddball "Judean People's Front" style supporter's group for a while.
According to their website, this particular caliphate has 47 members paying 30 quid to sign up and a minimum of a fiver a month subs.

Always fascinates me what drives these peoples egos

Why any fan would give a %^*& about dilution is beyond me. You still have your share and your right to attend meetings. Those converting loans to equity are also fans.

The company would have went bust and you would have had shares in nothing were it not for the soft loans provided.

Some folk are idiots. Or claim to be experts on things they have no comprehension of.
Some think their own self importance impressed others and will always def elect themselves as the voice of the people,

Quote from James Blair if supporters want a small amount of shares there easily obtainable. Can some one point me in the right direction please.

Is this not the mob the old spiv loving poster Timps is involved with?

EDIT: it is, he's bleating away about this thread on twitter :D

Never heard of them before now, but we haven't had a thread on a new oddball "Judean People's Front" style supporter's group for a while.
According to their website, this particular caliphate has 47 members paying 30 quid to sign up and a minimum of a fiver a month subs.

Always fascinates me what drives these peoples egos

What fascinates me is how people throw their money away after bad causes........................

I'm not a fan of them at all. Any time I see them on twitter it is anti C1872. I get that they are not your cup of tea, but try and be pro FR and you might get some respect!

Back