Genius - 34 Messi Magic Moments

Seen Gary lineker saying a few weeks ago that he thinks Messi is the best passer of a ball he’s ever seen and I tend to agree with him tbh some of the passes he makes are unreal.

I don’t even know if I could disagree. The vision to see some of them is special on its own, but the precision in terms of direction and weight of pass is something else.

Generally speaking the world’s best players have one facet they really excel in, be it passing, dribbling or finishing. I can’t think of another player whose been as greedy as to excel in all 3 of those, not in my lifetime anyway. I’ve seen a couple with 2 of the 3 but none with all of them.

It's called a opinion bud. Some folks are Messi some Ronaldo. Doesn't make them right or wrong. For the record it's got to be Ronaldo though. He has has done it in a few different leagues and internationally. Not much in it though.
You couldn't be more wrong. So scoring goals defines greatness. That Beckenbauer must have been a right puddin' then. Yashin, mince. Baresi, a plodder.

On sheer footballing ability Messi is as good as it gets. Certainly the greatest player of his generation and arguably of any. Watch videos of him and you will view uncanny ability over and over.

Best players ever, honestly I prefer Ronaldo because I used to love watching him in the EPL but I have to admit Messi is special, best player to have ever played the game.

You couldn't be more wrong. So scoring goals defines greatness. That Beckenbauer must have been a right puddin' then. Yashin, mince. Baresi, a plodder.

On sheer footballing ability Messi is as good as it gets. Certainly the greatest player of his generation and arguably of any. Watch videos of him and you will view uncanny ability over and over.
I can be and I have been more wrong. You named defenders and goalkeeper obviously there not judged on goals scored. And I don't believe I said its about goals scored if that was the case then I'd be Messi as I'm sure he may have more. Ronaldo has been king in different leagues is all I'm saying.

I have to admit I prefer Ronaldo, just because he has proven it in 3 of the top 4 leagues in the world. But I’m certainly not a fanboy and if someone prefers Messi then fair enough, those 2 have been so far in front of the rest of the world for the last 11 or 12 years it’s unreal.

I have to admit I prefer Ronaldo, just because he has proven it in 3 of the top 4 leagues in the world. But I’m certainly not a fanboy and if someone prefers Messi then fair enough, those 2 have been so far in front of the rest of the world for the last 11 or 12 years it’s unreal.

Saying Messi hasn’t proved it in a league outside of Spain is the same as saying Guardiola hasn’t proved it in management outside a huge & rich club. Why would they though?

I was lucky enough to see Messi live against Valencia a couple of years ago. I specifically watched him. His movement off the ball is incredible. You could see the centre half looking for him, spotting him, then completely losing him all within about 30 seconds.

We are privileged to see him and Ronaldo playing to the level they do.
I may have been at the same game, 3-1 to FCB ?

It's called a opinion bud. Some folks are Messi some Ronaldo. Doesn't make them right or wrong. For the record it's got to be Ronaldo though. He has has done it in a few different leagues and internationally. Not much in it though.
I cannot fathom how you could watch the video above, then after it say, Ronaldos better. Show me a similar video with Ronaldo.

That video is something else, it actually makes me quite emotional watching clips of him....an absolute genius.

It was a pleasure to be able to watch him every week when he was in his prime.

He's the greatest ever in my opinion and it's not even close.

Went off wee Messi with his anti football comments, after Dailly and Broadfoot never gave him a sniff at Ibrox. Fast forward to playing Chelsea under Mourinho. His park the bus tactic was hailed as genius, with no comment from the wee genius. Cristiano Ronaldo loyal

Broadfoot didn’t play that night and Dailly hadn’t signed. Was Papac who kept him quiet and it was a Tim journalist who spoonfed him the “anti football” line.

Ronaldo's stats are incredible and he's obviously proved his talent in many different leagues. However, if you're looking for pure technical ability and simply being a joy to watch it has to be Messi.

Ronaldo's stats are incredible and he's obviously proved his talent in many different leagues. However, if you're looking for pure technical ability and simply being a joy to watch it has to be Messi.

People often say Ronaldo is the best goalscorer of all time yet Messi is right up his arse (actually has a better goals : games ratio) and is 3 years younger.

Then you add Messi is probably the best dribbler of all time, has the most assists of all time, is one of the best passers of all time and the fact he isn't a centre forward. His usual heat map is most like a central midfielder.

Guaranteed that the wee man still sees this in his nightmares.

EZqhrJaXgAET2D-.jpg

Remember him playing for Argentina as a young boy in a friendly and everyone was saying how he was the next big talent. Don’t think anyone expected the greatest ever though.

Some early performances that stand out was his debut and one v Panathinaikos if anyone wants to check out highlights.

Someone once said "When defining genius, it's also important to realise this is a status that is never fully reached. Instead, it is something to aspire to."

But surely this guy has.

The GOAT without a doubt. Even without the fantastic goals his ability to play killer passes and take on loads of players leaving them in his wake is incredible.

Just looked back, it was actually 4 years ago, and was against Sevilla. Barca won 2-1 after falling behind. Where did the time go? :eek:
I went just to see Messi and Iniesta while they were still both there, 2 of the greatest !

Wise up. Messi's skills are incomparable. Look at some of the goals on the video. He continually outshines anything he has done previous. His touch and control is way ahead of anyone else.

Messi is the best on the planet. No other has been at his level and not for a very long time. His header against Man U in the champions League final was truly remarkable out jumping in flight against a defender 6 foot 3 and looping the goal.

Someone once said "When defining genius, it's also important to realise this is a status that is never fully reached. Instead, it is something to aspire to."

But surely this guy has.

Thanks for the video. The greatest footballer that has ever lived. Great memories that will live forever.

Not followed Messi or any other over the years and this is the first I have viewed or seen these put together clips of him!

No denying in full flow some of his control and runs are exceptional, many great goals scored as good or great as they are, they appear to be scored effortlessly and had he scored with that run no.26 it would have blown me away, even so what a run it was without scoring albeit deserving of an ultimate finish!

Any player who can give you WOW moments are a special talent, to do it consistently puts you in an elite group of the very best!

He is there!

But surely this guy has.

messi was not a genius, due to there being other genius' in the game a new word needs to be created for messi. One that only applies to him

Iv always seen the mess v ronaldo debate this way.....

Messi is the more natural talent nobody on here can convince me otherwise, that boy was born to play football.

Ronaldo doesnt have the talent of Messi, he just doesnt. However the huge praise and admiration I have for him is that despite not being as blessed as Messi he is every bit as effective. That comes from his dedication, desire and sheer hunger he is a total machine.

If you put Ronaldos talent into messi's body i dont think you would have anywhere near as good a player as if you would be to put Messi's talent into ronnies body.

I always liked this quote about them:
If an engineer designed the perfect player he would make Ronaldo
If an artist created a player it would be Messi.

Won’t bother reading all the posts as it’ll be the usual arguments

I just feel very lucky to have seen Pele, Cruyff, Maradona, Ronaldinho and Messi in my lifetime

Everyone of them are football legends

Back