Genuine question - What on earth do we do in training?

CaptainObjective

I'm baffled as to how a group of professional footballers can perform as poorly as that today. Players genuinely struggling to do the basics. Over hit passes, passes straight out the park despite having all the time in the world, constantly passing behind a player instead of in front of him to run on to. Then you have our crossing which is laughably bad. There's no strategy behind any of them. You would think it is an aspect you would work at on a day to to basis to try and build up an understanding. This is where you gain an edge over your opponent. I swear it's just hit and hope. We didn't even mix it up despite today having a 5''7 striker to aim for.

Imagine you were a neutral fan just wanting to be entertained and take in a game today, £20+ for that is a complete embarrassment. Absolutely no quality whatsoever on display. That was so far away from being good enough it is frightening.

Captain Objective, watching that abysmal performance today had me scratching my head asking the exact same question because we are fecking crap, looked absolutely clueless. I do not know what it was but it sure was not football that I was subjected to for 90 minutes this afternoon.

The high of the first two months of the season, despite the odd poor result, has long disappeared to be replaced once again with that horrible acceptance that we, once again, are here to make up the numbers, first of the losers, as Scum saunter unopposed to another title.

Wednesday's game is now massive, it will be difficult because Killie will sit in, very similar to Saints, and deny us any space.

We must work a helluva lot on giving it to Tav on the right and crossing it to no-one in particular.

I actually wonder if we are over-coached. There's a real lack of off-the-cuff, spotineity or creativity.

our passing is straight up abysmal

like watching amateurs

the thing is we know they are capable of decent performances but any drop in intensity and we are abject

When I reflect on the Aberdeen game and the last game in December, I'd say we train fairly well. We had three very important players out today, possibly our three best outfielders, and then our goalkeeper. Yeah, we should have more than St.Johnstone, but being without those three players playing could be too big a loss for this squad.

Absolutely de ja vu over and over and over.

When is this good season start fade away shite going to end with us??

And that was after a full week clear preparation. One of the few times it has happened this season and we were woeful.

I seem to remember us putting in a similarly dreadful effort after a week off. Hamilton at home?

Whatever we are doing in preparation it isn't working.

It's the basics, a throw in should be just given back to the opposition yet St Johnstone took a len of us at set plays and even in the second half created a goal scoring chance from one.

Not shooting practise that's for sure..
15 shots at goal
12 off target
1 on target...

Cant recall any one having a go from either the 18yard line or further...
Agreed ,I watched McCrorie today trying a shot from just outside the box with his left foot.Honestly it was an embarrassment , he was completely off balance but instead of correcting himself and passing the ball, he went ahead anyway with the "shot" anyway ,amateur hour doesn't cover it

The players had 2 days off this week only trained for 3 days.We have players most of the time can't pass to a team mate or shoot from 20 yards.

If the posts from the other day on Instagram are anything to go by they run about carrying their team mates on their backs having a laugh.

We're supposed to have the best facilities available and a first class coaching set up. Not only skills but motivation etc etc. Today we had Barisic running around looking like he'd rather be anywhere else - I certainly wanted him to be somewhere else. And he plays full 90 minutes. He wouldn't get a game for St Johnstone.

Wondering now if the instructions are overly complicated for the level of players we have, simple passes are going astray.

When I reflect on the Aberdeen game and the last game in December, I'd say we train fairly well. We had three very important players out today, possibly our three best outfielders, and then our goalkeeper. Yeah, we should have more than St.Johnstone, but being without those three players playing could be too big a loss for this squad.

Those same 3 players have featured in games previously whereby we have spunked points to teams in the first half of the season.

Those same 3 players have featured in games previously whereby we have spunked points to teams in the first half of the season.
That might be so, but we struggle more without Arfield; add Morelos to that and we struggle even more.

The most obvious thing is the lack of shooting, and with the Management skilled in shooting from long range.................
It was disgusting first half at least five good shooting opportunities were they taken, No! The way I feel I want to go up to the training center and hold up a banner and ask! Why don't we shoot. As half the players are sadly lacking in this art.

I think the team watches Tav take throw ins, free kicks, and penalties. Also, the team watches the keepers smack long diagonals to Tav who is attempting to outjump a static (small) target opponent.

The most obvious thing is the lack of shooting, and with the Management skilled in shooting from long range.................
Been saying this for months!! Everyone knows what we are going to do. All teams are happy to give our 2 center halves the ball for as long as they want. Once yesterday worral drove into the space brilliantly but unfortunately picked the wrong pass.

Tactics = get ball wide, no matter how long it takes, then eventually cross to the smallest attack & midfield in league = not a lot of goals

When was the last time we scored from outside the box?

All of our players are shit scared of stepping up & taking some responsibility.

Endless passing around before working it wide for a shite cross that hits the first man.

Utter garbage week in, week out.

Back