George Bowie says Ibrox was full of Celtic fans during his time as Rangers stadium announcer

ThorntonMM

If I'm not mistaken this was a policy under Martin Bain who once said it was more beneficial to apply to work at Ibrox if you were NOT a Rangers fan.

Says it all that he can't even bring himself to state he is a Rangers fan and instead claims to be a diehard Morton fan.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...cebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1585743262

Last edited:
I used to work with a scout at the club, he told me the scouting department was polluted with them, so much so that they would tip off the Tims about players we were looking at.
He also told me that Chris McCart I think it was who was in charge at the piggery wouldn't let a non Celtic person within a mile of them.

It's unbelievable when you think about it. Knowing the way your average Timothy operates, it's hard to imagine them putting much effort in working for Rangers. Personally i cannot imagine working for the filth. Imagine walking into that den of iniquity every morning. Would be god awful.

If I'm not mistaken this was a policy under Martin Bain who once said it was more beneficial to apply to work at Ibrox if you were NOT a Rangers fan.

Says it all that he can't even bring himself to state he is a Rangers fan and instead claims to be a diehard Morton fan.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...cebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1585743262
Again another misconception. He said he will hire the best people for the job and not necessarily bluenoses. Feckin chinese whispers :)

It's unbelievable when you think about it. Knowing the way your average Timothy operates, it's hard to imagine them putting much effort in working for Rangers. Personally i cannot imagine working for the filth. Imagine walking into that den of iniquity every morning. Would be god awful.

I'm 67 and have been following since 1964.
I have never been to the piggery and never will go in.
I drove past it once just so that I have seen it. That is more than enough for me.
Would have never even considered working there no matter what the circumstances.
I've done most of the grounds in England & Scotland but would always have been one short .
Childish perhaps - but not a place I have any wish to go to.

It wouldn't surprise me. A few years ago, Celtc stickers were plastered all over the office windows looking out from the Copland Rd stand, and were noticed on the day of a home game. Probably done by some of that mob who put them there on their last day in their job on the Friday.

Bain's comment iirc, was about employing Rangers fans at executive level, he said they may make decisions based on their love of the club and not what is correct for the business. He never said employee beggars!

Or they'd be more likely to leak details of what Murray was up to?

That should be the first thing that your asked when you apply for a job at Ibrox," Who do you support" if the answer is not the Queens 11 your application should be binned. Can imagine big Jock Wallace in his day finding out there was staff who supported the yahoos employed at Ibrox, that video would have been a good watch.

The non playing staff at Ibrox used to have a Christmas night where some of the playing staff attended. Celtic supporting staff would take tickets and openly mock Rangers players and management.

Not calling you out or saying you’re lying, but how do you know that?

I’m genuinely curious.

I was on another mixed football forum some 15 years ago and there was a rabid Celtic fan on there who I regularly had disagreements with.

Some of the stuff he posted was vile.

Some time later I was looking for tickets for the Champions League games against Porto, Bratislava and Inter Milan.

To my surprise said poster messaged me privately telling me he worked in the Rangers ticket office. I was apprehensive but true enough he set me up with 3 sets of 3 match packages all sitting together.

He said almost all of the ticket office staff never supported Rangers and most Celtic. He used hire people too and actively employed Celtic fans for a laugh.

I was on another mixed football forum some 15 years ago and there was a rabid Celtic fan on there who I regularly had disagreements with.

Some of the stuff he posted was vile.

Some time later I was looking for tickets for the Champions League games against Porto, Bratislava and Inter Milan.

To my surprise said poster messaged me privately telling me he worked in the Rangers ticket office. I was apprehensive but true enough he set me up with 3 sets of 3 match packages all sitting together.

He said almost all of the ticket office staff never supported Rangers and most Celtic. He used hire people too and actively employed Celtic fans for a laugh.

Guaranteed they would have FF log is as well.

The lad your talking about is probably viewing this thread and posting on it. Obsessive orcs.

That rat bain did have a big part to play in it
That time for me is the start of us being cannon fodder for the media to where we are now, where anyone can take cheap shots and tell blatant lies without fear of reprisal. Hopefully our new PR guy is ready to reverse the trend and fight fire with fire

The merchandising was another example JJB sports were desperate to release an Orange strip and the were told “ under no circumstances would it happen “

The lad in charge of Rangers contract ...'romeo' or such-like... was a closet mentally challenged. He kept his past hidden on-line but we found s pick of him in his youth pictured beside a Scottish cup the year the poets won it.

We are no doubt still infiltrated. I heard the Ibrox doorman was one of them as well. :(

Guaranteed they would have FF log is as well.

The lad your talking about is probably viewing this thread and posting on it. Obsessive orcs.

It was mental mate

Being quite new to forums etc back then I used to get into some quite bitter arguments and was very apprehensive about giving my real details to someone I never met before.

Another person vouched for him and when I gave him my Rangers number ( as I thought it would be safe to do that as only a rangers employee would be able to do anything with it) he then sent me all my details it was then I trusted him and I got the tickets.

Back