George Bowie says Ibrox was full of Celtic fans during his time as Rangers stadium announcer

Again, prove me wrong... if he said it then it’s out there somewhere.
I cant find a link but i'm certain his actual words were along the lines of not hiring Rangers fans because they dont want to be at the club to work they just want to be there to be around the club so hiring Celtc fans was some kind of lesser evil.

This better be a joke or lies.

Utterly disgusting and massively disappointing from the club that they let rhabids near our scouting system!
This was over 10 years ago mate, I've no idea what it's like now. But definitely not lies. The fellow I knew had been at Rangers for years.

I know a fella who has worked in the maintenance dept for around 13 - 14 years and he's as rabid as they come.
Other members of his family also work within the club.

And there's many, many more and as I said earlier, the club's been riddled for years with mentally challengeds who absolutely despise our club.
Just ask L, for anyone who knows her, who worked at the main reception and around the stadium for years but sadly she no longer does.

However I also know a fella who has a very good job at the Saviledome / Savile training ground and he's been a S/T holder at Ibrox for years.

It’s not just the ticket office, it’s the hospitality. Go for the Argyll buffet and it’s mostly Tim’s.

It was Bain policy and Bain was used directly as an excuse for Tim’s to employ more tims at Ibrox.

Boycott hospitality,brutal there coining a wage from us lording it up.

I know a fella who has worked in the maintenance dept for around 13 - 14 years and he's as rabid as they come.
Other members of his family also work within the club.

And there's many, many more and as I said earlier, the club's been riddled for years with mentally challengeds who absolutely despise our club.
Just ask L, for anyone who knows her, who worked at the main reception and around the stadium for years but sadly she no longer does.

However I also know a fella who has a very good job at the Saviledome / Savile training ground and he's been a S/T holder at Ibrox for years.
What maintenance guy? We probably know the same guy, and L as for Liz? If so, she called them out on a daily basis when working at the front desk and she wasn’t shy of it either. Hated them with a passion, and hated them more for working at our club.

Many years ago (1970's) a friend of mine from Glasgow was married to a Catholic girl and she worked at Ibrox. He told me that a Catholic could work anywhere at Ibrox except on the pitch, but the only place a Protestant could work at the Piggery was on the pitch (except for He Who Knew). I don't know how accurate this was.

Boycott hospitality,brutal there coining a wage from us lording it up.

Most have been around for years, how do you get rid of them legally? Remember how weak our current MD is, I suspect on a human level he's even built relationships with some of them now which you cant fault him for.

When they are actively celebrating the poets scoring at Ibrox and people just shrug shoulders what do you do?

The guy who ran the front of the training center was the biggest workshy bitter poet you'll meet. He was greeting Rangers players and families at times to the training center.

Bains legacy still runs through the club, it's still accepted.

Some shit getting spouted here. Yes over the years there have been far too many rhats working for us and still are a few. To say the place is riddled from top to bottom is way off the mark. The doorman?? Ffs couldn’t be more incorrect

Some shit getting spouted here. Yes over the years there have been far too many rhats working for us and still are a few. To say the place is riddled from top to bottom is way off the mark. The doorman?? Ffs couldn’t be more incorrect
The doorman wasn’t. No doorman at Ibrox ever was. But in other places, absolutely. Riddled is not a word to be used lightly when it comes to the bheasts working at Ibrox, but be in no doubt, there are loads. And working in places where they shouldn’t be anywhere near. Making big decisions.

The doorman wasn’t. No doorman at Ibrox ever was. But in other places, absolutely. Riddled is not a word to be used lightly when it comes to the bheasts working at Ibrox, but be in no doubt, there are loads. And working in places where they shouldn’t be anywhere near. Making big decisions.
Making big decisions. Wouldn’t ask you to name names on a forum but don’t think that’s correct

Making big decisions. Wouldn’t ask you to name names on a forum but don’t think that’s correct
I certainly won’t be naming names. But all I’ll say is there are people there from Pre 2012 who presided over an absolute disaster and those same folk are still there now, making big decisions. And most of these folk aren’t of a rangers persuasion.

Bain was, and remains, a blot on our club. His “anyone but Rangers‘ supporter“ was supposed to make employees more objective and professional in their decisions but was just the opposite - there were a good number of celtc-minded on board who couldn’t be trusted to be objective.
Because of the policy in force employees were able to flaunt their own preferences openly. Not a bad thing one may say but when it came to showing their football loyalty actually lying with your fiercest rival things had gone too far. I remember seeing a picture some long time ago of a framed celtc shirt on an office wall at Ibrox near an employee’s desk.

He always dodged working when we played them. I always assumed he was hiding behind the DJ who worked those games, to avoid snash from their fans.

I certainly won’t be naming names. But all I’ll say is there are people there from Pre 2012 who presided over an absolute disaster and those same folk are still there now, making big decisions. And most of these folk aren’t of a rangers persuasion.
Why not name them mate?
Someone said earlier they can delve into there social media if they’ve anything dodgy about Rangers or the provos that’s grounds on getting them sacked.

Bain was, and remains, a blot on our club. His “anyone but Rangers‘ supporter“ was supposed to make employees more objective and professional in their decisions but was just the opposite - there were a good number of celtc-minded on board who couldn’t be trusted to be objective.
Because of the policy in force employees were able to flaunt their own preferences openly. Not a bad thing one may say but when it came to showing their football loyalty actually lying with your fiercest rival things had gone too far. I remember seeing a picture some long time ago of a framed celtc shirt on an office wall at Ibrox near an employee’s desk.
You might have seen this in the soccer schools office. They had jerseys hanging of a few clubs, including celtic. That was the football in the community office. Which, coincidentally was run by a jungle jim.
their allegiances weren’t hidden at all, anywhere in the stadium. And everyone knew who the tims were.

Why not name them mate?
Someone said earlier they can delve into there social media if they’ve anything dodgy about Rangers or the provos that’s grounds on getting them sacked.
These ones won’t have any provo stuff online. They’re far too clever for that. They’ve hidden their allegiances for long enough and certainly wouldn’t put themselves on social media. Only the dafties do that! See James Maclean :)) :))
and naming names gets folk into trouble...

I will say this..

I know someone who used to work with Bowie. Rangers isn't his first team but he's certainly a bear and all his family are bears that I know of

And on the comments it's spot on... Family member used to work at Murray park. I won't go into too much details and wouldn't say (s)/he's neccesarily one of them, they aren't really interested in football, however they do prefer the manky mob over us if they were forced to choose. Not the type of person to really sabotage the club and (s)/he did always have very good things to say about our players and manager - especially ally mccoist, who is apparently the nicest guy (s)/he has ever met.

That's because he is a Morton fan. Do you want him to lie.

I remember at the time Bain was there and it was on this forum about the number of scum fans working in the ticket office and elsewhere.

No he's not. He was raised a Rangers fan - The Morton bit came from Radio Cattolica and him being a monumental shitebag to admit where his loyalties lie. All this despite him being the stadium announcer for a number of years at Ibrox.

He got the job through his fathers connections.

As his popularity rose on the radio his lie became too big. He now lives the lie to save face.

I work in youth football coaching. Would never, ever accept a role with them.

I know Rangers fans who coach with Celtic and Celtic fans who coach with us. I don't know how a Rangers fan could put on their tracksuits day to day etc and we shouldn't be hiring any supporters of them.

Used to work with a.fellow bear whose son was a chef at the piggery told him he should poison the bastards

Like everything else with the Scum, when the Argyle Restaurant was at its peak, the Scum made an offer (£/P) to our Head Chef, that he didn’t refuse. As a P.S. I know you can’t go by a name, however Martin Bain, some where down the line?

I work in youth football coaching. Would never, ever accept a role with them.

I know Rangers fans who coach with Celtic and Celtic fans who coach with us. I don't know how a Rangers fan could put on their tracksuits day to day etc and we shouldn't be hiring any supporters of them.
As a PPS your second paragraph, like a certain person who saw the demise of two of our Stalwart players, whilst he’s still getting a wage at Auchenhowie.

I worked for Celtic for about a year, it was a very long time ago and there were a few Rangers fans there at the time as well, 2 were managers of their relative departments, won't name them but they were afraid to admit it, I found out accidentally with one of them when I seen the person sitting behind me at Ibrox with their kid at one of the friendlies, told me their dad was in the same lodge as me, turned out I knew the dad, yes I was in the lodge and got pelters for working at Celtic, at Celtic they all knew I was a Rangers fan, I didn't hide it and made some good friends while I was there, even had a few of them at my stag do and wedding reception, don't judge people on the team they support, friends are friend no matter what team they support, just avoid the bitter ones.

I can see your point and someone's religion wouldn't be a problem, but I would rather take on someone who supported Rangers for a role at Ibrox than someone who supported Celtc.
Loyalty to a company is a difficult thing to accomplish from an employee nowadays, but in employing the Rangers supporter this would come as part of the package.
I think this is just common sense and not a particularly exceptional requirement for a football club, given the nature of the business which encourages partisanship at its very core.

Agree with every word, the religion thing too to be absolutely clear...I don’t care what religion they are, yes we know they are predominantly a Catholic club but in today’s Scotland them and us have fans of other persuasions and I don’t want any Celtic fan period taking a wage out of Rangers as they simply can’t be trusted and as we have seen in various areas of our club’s operation there’s wrong uns in the building...a major example being the Ticket Office, now who’s going to go the extra mile? Certainly not the yahoo and in fact where possible will take the piss if they can get away with it.

People in our club need to wake up and smell the shit within! For me a person who is MORE than just a casual Celtic fan is definitely not to be trusted and suitable for employment at RFC because Celtic and people who support Celtic is a mindset alignment which I regard as generally appalling and such types are people you’d prefer to not be around if you had the choice and in my case decades long experience to back up my conclusions about them.

I used to work with a scout at the club, he told me the scouting department was polluted with them, so much so that they would tip off the Tims about players we were looking at.
He also told me that Chris McCart I think it was who was in charge at the piggery wouldn't let a non Celtic person within a mile of them.
Kenny mcdowell was with them as youth coach and he was one of us

There was a fat poet working the lift to the club deck one game last season. Smarmy c%%t couldn't resist letting people know

Lots of assumptions on this thread.

Many/most employed in hospitality and security at Ibrox on a match day are casual agency workers. Not sure how you would verify what school they all went to.

I'm also not sure turning down someone based on the team they support fits in with current government policy on equality in interviews!

Many/most employed in hospitality and security at Ibrox on a match day are casual agency workers. Not sure how you would verify what school they all went to.

I'm also not sure turning down someone based on the team they support fits in with current government policy on equality in interviews!

It's a common part of any interview to ask a candidate about the business of the company and the company itself. Rating someone who shows appreciation of the brand is standard practice and can lead to greater loyalty, leading to reduced staff turnover, lessening the resources required for training new recruits constantly.

It's a common part of any interview to ask a candidate about the business of the company and the company itself. Rating someone who shows appreciation of the brand is standard practice and can lead to greater loyalty, leading to reduced staff turnover, lessening the resources required for training new recruits constantly.

These questions are common, yes, and important. They could also be answered well by a non-Rangers fan.

After everything we have came through in the past 8 years and we still have people like that working for Rangers - absolutely ridiculous. They wanted us dead and still do.

A guy left my wife's work to be manager of the Rangers shop, he was a mentally challenged.
Used to go and get all the hospitality and corporate stuff whilst having a good laugh at us.

The liberal and hand wringers at Ibrox have ensured we fight the Tims with one hand behind our backs if we even fight at all, yet they are excused the focus and scorn the FTP brigade get.

It's time to get staunch again at Ibrox. Boot out the mentally challengeds, get our values back and our sense of purpose back again and take to the war to the filth.

2.50 onwards. There's a pic of Jimmy Johnstone in the green n grey hung on the wall at Ibrox (it's in the video if u don't believe me).

What in the %^*&?

What in the %^*&?
That jimmy johnstone photo is in parkhead. The video is half Ibrox half parkhead.
there used to be, not sure if it still is, a framed celtic top in the FITC office in Broomloan house. For the benefits of education and anti bigotry teaching etc
never would a picture of jimmy johnstone be framed within the walls of Ibrox

Sporting allegiance isn't a protected characteristic. Ultimately the performance of many club employees will have an impact on revenue (hospitality, tours, marketing etc) and our overall playing budget. So how can you trust tims and other haters to be completely professional?

That jimmy johnstone photo is in parkhead. The video is half Ibrox half parkhead.
there used to be, not sure if it still is, a framed celtic top in the FITC office in Broomloan house. For the benefits of education and anti bigotry teaching etc
never would a picture of jimmy johnstone be framed within the walls of Ibrox
Thank god for that. I think the irony amongst the fact is that whilst there is potentially a rhabid top sitting on our walls, you can absolutely guarantee there will be nothing of ours in the piggery. It fumes me that we've been infested through all these years. 2012 was the best, and still is the best thing that ever happened to the tims. That's how much they hate us, our downfall is greater than their achievements. But to turn around and show equal bitterness in their direction, you're the bigot and the knuckledragger. How much longer do we put up with this nonsense?

The guy is a wanker and should never be forgiven for his total wank festival of a show when they went to Seville. Never forgiven him for that......however not to say coming back from games and the GBX has been on I put that to one side :D

Some very depressing reading in this thread. I almost cannot bring myself to believe so many filth were, or still are, employed by Rangers to work at Ibrox. No way can they be trusted to be professional and do their job to the best of their ability. It's drummed into them from an early age to despise us and all things Rangers. It's that simple.

Sporting allegiance isn't a protected characteristic. Ultimately the performance of many club employees will have an impact on revenue (hospitality, tours, marketing etc) and our overall playing budget. So how can you trust tims and other haters to be completely professional?

Correct, it's not. And giving the job to one candidate over another because of their allegiance would result in a tribunal.

The same way that any employer makes sure their staff are being professional, maybe?

Back