George Bowie says Ibrox was full of Celtic fans during his time as Rangers stadium announcer

The liberal and hand wringers at Ibrox have ensured we fight the Tims with one hand behind our backs if we even fight at all, yet they are excused the focus and scorn the FTP brigade get.

It's time to get staunch again at Ibrox. Boot out the mentally challengeds, get our values back and our sense of purpose back again and take to the war to the filth.

2.50 onwards. There's a pic of Jimmy Johnstone in the green n grey hung on the wall at Ibrox (it's in the video if u don't believe me).
Will never happen. Also this talk will be scorned on here

Used to work as a steward for Rock Steady Back in the early 2000s. Worked with a lot of mentally challengeds back then, most worked at the piggery too.

I just couldn’t do it. Used to hate it if I could stuck in their end at Hampden

Embarrassing.

Should only be Rangers fans working at Ibrox.
The most competent people for the job should be the only ones employed, regardless of who they support. Naturally, this would be more swayed towards our own support but I'd not mind a tim in a position where they are adding value and whose professionalism is a credit to Rangers.

If you had any dealings with the ticket office then, they took great delight in effing you over and did it with a smile. I couldn't believe How bad they were.

cellik on the other hand only employ 'cellik minded'

I used to work with a guy who’s dad had been a manager in the Rangers ticket office. Both him and his dad were Scumtic fans.

An associate of mine from down south recently attended a works function at Ibrox. He is a keen football fan and was very impressed with Ibrox, the Blue Room, trophy room, and all the rest of it. As he left the trophy room he bumped into a Rangers employee, a wee woman, and remarked how impressive the trophy room was. Her response was to curtly suggest he get himself over to The Knew Camp to see what they had there.
It reminded me of the time I attended a family wedding at Ibrox and on going to the bar saw Magners brand name everywhere - on bar towels, drinks chillers, ice buckets, etc. I asked the barman what the Hell was going on and had to explain my drift to him. I asked for the bar manager and he too was completely nonplussed.
What fucking chance have we got?
I'll take a wild stab in the dark and suggest that the mentally challengeds actively ensure only rhabids work over at the Crime Scene.

You too chief. ;) Ask him about his auld man's team the next time you ask for a shoutout:))

He can support someone different from his dad mate. Billy McNeills grandson that passed away was a rangers fan

A fully blown mentally challenged I know done the stewarding in the Broomloan.No surprised one bit at this.

Annoyed the %^*& out of me the other night on the story of bits and pieces glossed over the fact we used it for years and hit out wi some pish about it being a shitland anthem.

Didn't he say it at the AGM, mind my old pal telling me that later after the AGM
Shamrock hand and crown is 100% correct. I used to do work in Ibrox for the company I worked for at the time NTL were the sponsors and met and had dealings with Bain on a good few occasions.
He was called out at an AGM which was the first one after the RST had been formed. He referred to, and was pulled up for, Rangers fans as customers. He also stated the reason why he didn't like employing Rangers fans was because he felt they only wanted the job so "they could nick about with a club tie on."

Was it not rumoured in Nains time that the chef at the training ground was from the dark side - Quite unbelievable if true.
I'm sure there was a thread about it on the old board?
Not only that.The head of security at the training ground was a bitter poet bastard.Initials of S W.

Bain was a General Manager at Murray's Electronic factory Mimtec. He tried to transfer those skills to our club in return for a hefty wage and bonus. Miles short of what was required. A lickspittle is the perfect term.

Was the employing Rangers fan / non Rangers fan thing not brought up in a Herald interview? Not defending him but I think it was in respect of a senior position. He replied a Rangers fan would be influenced by their love for the club. A non Ranger would make a decision based without bias. Sound like something straight out of that 80's favourite book "The 5 minute manager".

Anything lower than executive level then Bain couldn't give a %^*& what their name was let alone what team they supported.

Miles out of his depth yet made multi millions out of the game.
I think you're wrong there about Bains employment.
My understanding was that he worked for Scottish & Newcastle Breweries and was their rep at Ibrox when McEwan's sponsored us.
Murray to a shine to him and it went downhill from there.

It was mental mate

Being quite new to forums etc back then I used to get into some quite bitter arguments and was very apprehensive about giving my real details to someone I never met before.

Another person vouched for him and when I gave him my Rangers number ( as I thought it would be safe to do that as only a rangers employee would be able to do anything with it) he then sent me all my details it was then I trusted him and I got the tickets.
[/QUOTE
crazy to know the people you employ hate and despise you
The Guy is a numpty! If I had a job cleaning the stairs at Ibrox, they would be the cleanest stairs in Scotland because I love the place.

I think you're wrong there about Bains employment.
My understanding was that he worked for Scottish & Newcastle Breweries and was their rep at Ibrox when McEwan's sponsored us.
Murray to a shine to him and it went downhill from there.

I stand corrected - was he was involved with selling sponsorship into Rangers - Murray offered him a commercial job on the back of it. The point still stands hardly CEO material.

I am now trying to recall who came from Mimtech to Ibrox.

I sat beside a Rangers' employee in the West Enclosure, who was on duty most match days.
When Bains views were first aired, I asked my Rangers Man if this was true, and he replied that it was sadly true. He said people were turning up at staff Christmas nights, wearing celtic kilts etc,.
He also said that anyone taking them to task regarding dress or attitude, would find themselves on the carpet for reprimand.

I stand corrected - was he was involved with selling sponsorship into Rangers - Murray offered him a commercial job on the back of it. The point still stands hardly CEO material.

I am now trying to recall who came from Mimtech to Ibrox.
I remember the Mimtec thing but like you,I can't put a name to it.

Reactions: Del
Is this really a story? An auld DJ tells a trashy tabloid a tale about staff at Ibrox not supporting Rangers 15 fuken years ago. Yaaaaawwwwn.
Move on.

Reactions: Del
The most competent people for the job should be the only ones employed, regardless of who they support. Naturally, this would be more swayed towards our own support but I'd not mind a tim in a position where they are adding value and whose professionalism is a credit to Rangers.
I can see your point and someone's religion wouldn't be a problem, but I would rather take on someone who supported Rangers for a role at Ibrox than someone who supported Celtc.
Loyalty to a company is a difficult thing to accomplish from an employee nowadays, but in employing the Rangers supporter this would come as part of the package.
I think this is just common sense and not a particularly exceptional requirement for a football club, given the nature of the business which encourages partisanship at its very core.

Don't talk sense ffs bit a professional Tim?

Former Rangers community development head ( can’t remember full title) - Timothy. In no way would this guy be there for the benefit of Rangers FC. Bain era.
His parents used to mix in the same circles as my parents. My parents had no idea that this guy worked for Rangers until I told them. His parents never mentioned the fact he was employed by Rangers - it was like a family shame. He is now employed by Celtic and his allegiances are clear to see on social media.
Unbelievable Geoff!

I used to work with a scout at the club, he told me the scouting department was polluted with them, so much so that they would tip off the Tims about players we were looking at.
He also told me that Chris McCart I think it was who was in charge at the piggery wouldn't let a non Celtic person within a mile of them.

This better be a joke or lies.

Utterly disgusting and massively disappointing from the club that they let rhabids near our scouting system!

The liberal and hand wringers at Ibrox have ensured we fight the Tims with one hand behind our backs if we even fight at all, yet they are excused the focus and scorn the FTP brigade get.

It's time to get staunch again at Ibrox. Boot out the mentally challengeds, get our values back and our sense of purpose back again and take to the war to the filth.

2.50 onwards. There's a pic of Jimmy Johnstone in the green n grey hung on the wall at Ibrox (it's in the video if u don't believe me).

That video is jumping about from both grounds. It's not immediately obvious but that Jimmy Johnstone pic is most definitely not at Ibrox.

I'm sure Bain took great delight in showing off a hospitality suite that he had got "de-rangered". It had hee haw RFC crests or blue in it. Was basically like a minimalist modern design you'd find in a hotel or something. To me you go to hospitality BECAUSE of the "Rangers" but hey ho. I might've just made all that up but i don't think so.
Bain was an arrogant Murray lickspittle who was a disaster for the club in his time there. Remember pig eyed Pete running the show at the summit after the tramp went for McCoist and Bain was sitting nodding in agreement to everything the c unt came out with.

That’s just so naive.

We should employ only Rangers fans.
We should employ only people who are the best for the job, I'd like to think they'd all be staunch and have an FF login but it wouldn't bother me if they weren't as long as they were doing a good job.

If I'm not mistaken this was a policy under Martin Bain who once said it was more beneficial to apply to work at Ibrox if you were NOT a Rangers fan.

Says it all that he can't even bring himself to state he is a Rangers fan and instead claims to be a diehard Morton fan.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...cebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1585743262
The man Bowie is correct. I worked there for quite a few years and my gaffer was a jungle jim, and a proper bitter bigot one to boot but he loved taking the blue pound off us.
he used to have to wear his club suit on match days and it burned the hell out of him!!!
Bowie’s right, there were, and still are for that matter, Celtic fans working for our club, and some in positions where they should never be anywhere near.

I am shocked To hear these allegations. When I go to any club I expect their employees also to be supporters. Supporters care for their club and will want to impress visitors And thus give a good service.

i do not expect employees to be rabid and ultra staunch but I do expect them to be, at the least, sympathetic.

Get them out

at times with our club it really was amateur hour, shameful stuff.we only have to look to the east end, and see a boardroom utterly terrified to upset their fanbase,whilst our lot took delight in getting it right up us

It was the David Murray regime and even those who were on the board and genuine Rangers fans didn’t really have much of a say. As supporters we were treated with contempt much of the time under that man’s reign...Bain was his willing lackey but the despicable admission by him that it would be better not to have Rangers fans working for the club was probably what Moonbeams wanted him to do so the Tan man done what he was told.

Remember we got Herr Hood as the security chief too resulting in a stadium full of C@nts doing the stewarding for many years up until a few years back. The club totally bowed to the REAL bigots in this country to the point of absurdity and there’s no doubt the club employed people and probably still do have certain individuals working in various departments who should not be anywhere near Rangers FC.

The answer is..get a wee group going on here via pms amongst whoever. People send in names of the crash barriers at the club and we try to pick them off one by one by going through their social media and sending it to the club. We'll be able to get rid of some and hopefully put the shitters up the rest.

Back