George Bowie says Ibrox was full of Celtic fans during his time as Rangers stadium announcer

I used to work with a scout at the club, he told me the scouting department was polluted with them, so much so that they would tip off the Tims about players we were looking at.
He also told me that Chris McCart I think it was who was in charge at the piggery wouldn't let a non Celtic person within a mile of them.
This shit needs to stop we require certain standards at Rangers and they clearly have not been met for years, no more wooden horses.:mad:

Bain was an arrogant Murray lickspittle who was a disaster for the club in his time there. Remember pig eyed Pete running the show at the summit after the tramp went for McCoist and Bain was sitting nodding in agreement to everything the c unt came out with.
Surely in these hard economic pandemic times some positions would need to go, social distancing should not only apply to the pandemic.

We should employ only people who are the best for the job, I'd like to think they'd all be staunch and have an FF login but it wouldn't bother me if they weren't as long as they were doing a good job.

But we don't really employ people who are 'best for the job', do we?

You've heard the stories about the Ticket Office. How many calamities has it been responsible for?

Is there one part of our off-the-field operation that matches Celtic?

We need to employ people who are competent but who are absolutely dedicated to the club. That's what being a club in the truest sense is all about.

We represent a community. What is the point in recruiting people who hate us and who'd run to the press to trash us?

This stuff about 'best for the job' is the sort of drivel Bain and Murray tried to get away with for years. How much credibility do they have now?

I could never in a million years imagine working for the filth. And if I was so desperate that I did, I would be doing the worst performance I could get away with.

I have no doubt there are filth fans who would be obsessed enough and infiltrate our club.
And you can guarantee they would doing as little as possible and fucking up where ever they can get away with.

"best person for the job" would never ever be someone working for the club/company/firm they despise.
Why is that so hard for people to comprehend.

Is this a wind up?? If not it should be Rangers minded / Fans ONLY. FFS those pigs should never be allowed to take a coin out our club wages especially. If thats being small minded then f.uckit. Those bastards hate us brainwashed from birth so don’t employ any.

I met a George Bowie in Munich in 1989 on the overnight trip to watch the second leg v Bayern. We had lost the first game at Ibrox 3-1. I was on my own as he was so we had a few beers the night before the game. He told me was a DJ. It’s was a few years later before I heard his name again. If that was the same guy then he certainly did not come across as a Morton fan.

Playing staff aside they should 100% be excluded from working at Ibrox for obvious reasons and we should make no apology about that. There are exceptions of course but BY FAR the vast majority of their support have a deep seated hatred for our club. What other business would even consider taking that risk. It's clear cut for me.

Players are a different issue entirely because there has to be a level of trust with the professionalism. Also you would assume those tasked with recruiting would have done due diligence on that.

I stand corrected - was he was involved with selling sponsorship into Rangers - Murray offered him a commercial job on the back of it. The point still stands hardly CEO material.

I am now trying to recall who came from Mimtech to Ibrox.
John McClelland? He came from that sector.

It’s not just the ticket office, it’s the hospitality. Go for the Argyll buffet and it’s mostly Tim’s.

It was Bain policy and Bain was used directly as an excuse for Tim’s to employ more tims at Ibrox.

Mrs Bowie is a die hard Bear
She sure is m8 &
for the threads purpose so is he but as a few bears have stated he trys to keep it hush (masking it as a morton fan) for work reasons, coward maybe but thats up fo him, hes certainly not the only one who does that as we all know.

And again for the thread 100% Rangers should be trying atleast to employ Rangers fans or atleast defenetly not filth fans, every business needs people whod give that wee bit extra for their employer .

Came across few staff at Ibrox over the years where ive said whats up with his/her face when seeing a disgusting work attitude !

If I'm not mistaken this was a policy under Martin Bain who once said it was more beneficial to apply to work at Ibrox if you were NOT a Rangers fan.

Says it all that he can't even bring himself to state he is a Rangers fan and instead claims to be a diehard Morton fan.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...cebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1585743262
That's because he is a Morton fan. Do you want him to lie.

I remember at the time Bain was there and it was on this forum about the number of scum fans working in the ticket office and elsewhere.

She sure is m8 &
for the threads purpose so is he but as a few bears have stated he trys to keep it hush (masking it as a morton fan) for work reasons, coward maybe but thats up fo him, hes certainly not the only one who does that as we all know.

And again for the thread 100% Rangers should be trying atleast to employ Rangers fans or atleast defenetly not filth fans, every business needs people whod give that wee bit extra for their employer .

Came across few staff at Ibrox over the years where ive said whats up with his/her face when seeing a disgusting work attitude !
Anyone that goes to any effort to deny being a Rangers fan is not a Rangers fan.

That's because he is a Morton fan. Do you want him to lie.

I remember at the time Bain was there and it was on this forum about the number of scum fans working in the ticket office and elsewhere.
Plenty of Rangers fans on this thread are stating he was certainly a Rangers fan. Are they liars?

Plenty of Rangers fans on this thread are stating he was certainly a Rangers fan. Are they liars?
He is a Rangers fan but his first team is Morton. I have a lot of friends who are the same. I also obviously know Morton fans with leanings towards Celtic. Everything in life isn't black and white.

Bain's approach to Rangers fans as employees may be credible to a degree if he is suggesting their decisions would primarily be ruled by their heart rather than head.
A perfectly balanced follow up to that statement could genuinely have been that in no way would he be comfortable with employing someone who supported our rivals as this is obvious for all to see.

I used to work with a scout at the club, he told me the scouting department was polluted with them, so much so that they would tip off the Tims about players we were looking at.
He also told me that Chris McCart I think it was who was in charge at the piggery wouldn't let a non Celtic person within a mile of them.
when mccart took over at the piggery he got rid of a scout because he wasn't one of them.

Bain was a General Manager at Murray's Electronic factory Mimtec. He tried to transfer those skills to our club in return for a hefty wage and bonus. Miles short of what was required. A lickspittle is the perfect term.

Was the employing Rangers fan / non Rangers fan thing not brought up in a Herald interview? Not defending him but I think it was in respect of a senior position. He replied a Rangers fan would be influenced by their love for the club. A non Ranger would make a decision based without bias. Sound like something straight out of that 80's favourite book "The 5 minute manager".

Anything lower than executive level then Bain couldn't give a %^*& what their name was let alone what team they supported.

Miles out of his depth yet made multi millions out of the game.

That logic, whilst making sense, also works the other way. I have no doubt that Celtic fans would make biased decisions in the other way to harm the club.

I knew someone who briefly donned the Broxi costume who was a big Hibs fan. He said it came across in his interview that being a Rangers fan would actually be less likely to get you the job.

I used to listen to his morning show back in the day and his "Morton fan" stuff was clearly a piss take.

As for mentally challengeds working for Rangers, there certainly shouldn't be any in direct contact with the players or management.

The non playing staff at Ibrox used to have a Christmas night where some of the playing staff attended. Celtic supporting staff would take tickets and openly mock Rangers players and management.
I also heard from somebody who worked in ticket office they would mock people's accents when they came of the phone.

The Club has recently engaged with a Celtic supporter recruiter to hire talent for the marketing and comms part of the business.

The question is why would a Celtic supporter want to work for Rangers.

I sure as sh*t wouldnt want to work for them.

If I'm not mistaken this was a policy under Martin Bain who once said it was more beneficial to apply to work at Ibrox if you were NOT a Rangers fan.

Says it all that he can't even bring himself to state he is a Rangers fan and instead claims to be a diehard Morton fan.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...cebook&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1585743262
My 3rd season ticket payment failed,and I went to Ibrox to see why,the girl told me in the TO that a Tim doing overtime shredded 4000 DDs

Last edited:
He is a Rangers fan but his first team is Morton. I have a lot of friends who are the same. I also obviously know Morton fans with leanings towards Celtic. Everything in life isn't black and white.
I agree with this. Don’t get me wrong I find it strange as I can only possibly support one team but I do know people who support their small local club but also have a “big” team, usually us or the beasts.

That Rocksteady mob were full of Bheasts
Rock shady we used to call them. There were a couple of guys who worked there daily, proper bluenoses but the match day staff were mostly tims. Even the kiosk staff, if they weren’t a Tim they wouldn’t be employed. The man who runs elior or azure as it was then didn’t know what the %^*& he was, still doesnt but loves to take the blue pound.
my old man worked there for years too, as did I and I used to tell my mates about how many tims worked at Ibrox at the time, They couldn’t and still can’t believe how many there actually were. It would astound you.

Rock shady we used to call them. There were a couple of guys who worked there daily, proper bluenoses but the match day staff were mostly tims. Even the kiosk staff, if they weren’t a Tim they wouldn’t be employed. The man who runs elior or azure as it was then didn’t know what the %^*& he was, still doesnt but loves to take the blue pound.
my old man worked there for years too, as did I and I used to tell my mates about how many tims worked at Ibrox at the time, They couldn’t and still can’t believe how many there actually were. It would astound you.
Azure was another David Murray company before he sold it to the French

Azure was another David Murray company before he sold it to the French
That’s right. He had loads of companies, azure was run by one of Murray’s sons. Had it run by morons and tims, sold it for a few bob and still use the company elior for catering where the same idiots run it. And that includes tims.
Even in the stadium, the general maintenance manager proclaimed he was a diehard bluenose, when in actual fact he was a Celtic fan. Born, bred and hidden in plain sight Tim.
Im pretty certain Andrew Dickson, or someone very close to him is a Celtic fan too. And he’s been there since before 2012 and is still there now, being very handsomely rewarded for failure.

We all know why George Bowie can’t openly be a bluenose, I pretty much got it from the horses mouth after talking to him in Manchester in 2008. Being a Rangers fan would alienate the listener base of his show.

as regards the Celtic fans working at Ibrox my mate has managed Celtic shops for the last 25 years and he is as big a bear as you will meet. He sees it as a job

I suppose it fits with our ethos.. You know the one Rangers for all initiative that was recently publicised. However its hard to imagine Barcelona fans working at Real Madrid.

Back