George Edmundson leaves

Not sure why I’m surprised at that, don’t think we’ll regret letting him go. Easy to think the COVID breach messed his chances up but others have been given second chances. Maybe he just wants guaranteed game time.

Covid breach was convenient, just like Fran Sandaza's contract talks.

I do hope he has moved on and I do hope we got something decent for him as well. He's a decent player but I just don't think he's ever going to feature for Rangers so it's better he is moved on.

Gonna say it might not be popular but most of my posts aint but speak my mind

I thought he was never Rangers Class but wish him well

I think we will see the back of Jones , Baker , Middleto , and a. Purple of others in the coming days . Squad is far too big . Needs trimmed
Yeah I think we need 25 good options given match day squad is now 20.
That’s probably:
McGregor McLaughlin Firth
Tavernier Patterson
Barisic Bassey
Goldson Helander Balogun Simpson
Davis Kamara Lundstram Jack Arfield
Hagi Aribo
Kent Wright
Morelos Roofe Sakala Itten Defoe
Possibly Kelly to cover Jack/Arfield given their fitness varies. Any more decent signings and you’d have to assume someone from the above is for the off.

He wasn't the only one.
Others got a second chance

Others took a second chance.

Anyone can make a mistake. The man is judged on how he responds afterwards. Making excusing and sulking about being treated unfairly is very different from owning up to your mistake, showing remorse and making it up to your teammates.

It was never stated, but it seems their was a stark difference between the 2 incidents, and I would bet a lot was down to the reactions, not simply the actions.

Fair.
Good point
Tbf though mate your point was also valid, other players did get chances after breaking the rules.

Something seemed different with the Edmundson incident however and Gerrard obviously thought differently about it. Bassey and Patterson got their chances through the need to play them rather than choosing to though really.

Hopefully the start of a few heading out the door

Jones has had his chance
Barker should have left last year
Hastie will never make it with us

Middleton, Simpson, Kelly, McCrorrie are in need of game time at other scottish prem clubs

I love the guy but If morelos isnt back training by next week he can go as well. We need players who are both good enough and who want to be here

I thought he had bags of potential, never seemed to kick on to the next stage best of luck big man

Hopefully the start of a few heading out the door

Jones has had his chance
Barker should have left last year
Hastie will never make it with us

Middleton, Simpson, Kelly, McCrorrie are in need of game time at other scottish prem clubs

I love the guy but If morelos isnt back training by next week he can go as well. We need players who are both good enough and who want to be here
Kelly spent enough time out on loan , he shouldn’t be going anywhere .

Didn't make the grade but can see why we signed him, had attributes Gerrard likes and must have thought he could be coached to step up in other areas but didn't work out. Seemed a good big chap. Think we could definitely do with another defender to really push our CBs in the way we have lots of options up top to the point we could probably sell one for good money and still be well covered

Not sure why I’m surprised at that, don’t think we’ll regret letting him go. Easy to think the COVID breach messed his chances up but others have been given second chances. Maybe he just wants guaranteed game time.
Well don’t agree. Just watch out in 3/4 years, when Cbs reach their peak, this boy will be a player

I thought he had bags of potential, never seemed to kick on to the next stage best of luck big man

Correct.

A decent player. Nowhere near a dud. Just a guy who's been left behind as our quality has hit another level that he hasn't.

Reactions: TPP
Well don’t agree. Just watch out in 3/4 years, when Cbs reach their peak, this boy will be a player
Don’t disagree that he’s got potential and could turn out to be a good player but I don’t see us regretting it tbh.

Sounds like we’ll be getting a good fee for a player who doesn’t look like he’ll break into our first 11 anytime soon. We’ve already got 5 solid centre backs which should do us for the next few seasons hopefully. Not to mention players coming through at youth level

Jack Simpson is an accident waiting to happen haven’t been impressed with any his appearances I’d have Katic 4th choice
Reckon Katic will be 4th choice but needs more minutes in his legs after the injury, said it earlier but I think he’d benefit more from a loan this season or maybe just up until January.

Katic will go out on loan IMO.

Gerrard likes 4!.

In SG’s post-game interview, he says Katic still has a long way to go in his return, although the player thinks he’s ready now.

I wonder if we’ll just keep him at Ibrox to ensure his recuperation is done properly.

He was a decent enough back up, squad player for a couple of seasons ago.

Goldson, Helander and Balogun all consistently perform beyond a level he's capable of sustaining.

Don't think he'd ever develop here into a starting centre half for us so best he moves on.

We don't need a 6th choice centre back let's be honest. 4 is plenty so can see another 1 going out on loan between Katic and Simpson

Absolute bollox. One of his attributes was his passing. His negative is he is a ball watcher.

Can’t disagree with that.

Passing was not his weakness. He’s got a fantastic range of passing. Showed as much for Derby.

I thought he’d have made us a few quid in the future. Here’s hoping we did

Kelly spent enough time out on loan , he shouldn’t be going anywhere .
Especially when he's looked our most assured player in the pre-season friendlies thus far. He looks a natural to take over from Davo when the time comes or at least earn some cameos in this his first proper season as a 1st teamer to save Davo's legs for bigger games if they need saved (I note they didn't last season).

Back