George Edmundson

london_bluenose

Official Ticketer
Now, I know St Josephs were more brutal than a Bank Holiday Weekend in the cells with Big Leeroy...

But George Edmundson was excellent on the ball tonight, he was always looking for space to receive the ball and used it very well.

Let's wait and see if the kid can defend, but he's certainly very composed in possession considering his age and where he's come from to be playing in front of 45,000 tonight.

A good acquisition in my opinion. Look forward to his development with us.

Has slotted in really well. Hes good in the air, has a good range of passing. He'll be tested defensively in games to come, but I think he'll be fine.

It’s gone from our weakest position to our strongest in a very short time. In fact I can’t remember us ever having this much competition and cover at CB. Gerrard must be thinking of playing 3 at the back more than occasionally.

He hasn't been tested defensively but he passes 100 percent better than Worrall, so no more passes straight to the opposition (well, apart from the odd Goldson one, which is not to slag him off as he's an excellent defender).

They might not be first picks every week but both Edmundson and Matt Polster have shown that they can be very reliable cover at CH and RB.

When Edmundson signed it was difficult not to compare his CV to Worrall. I’ve been amazed that he’s better on the ball than not only Worrall and Katic but Goldson too. Looking forward to seeing how he copes with away days at the likes of Murderwell.

Naturally I hope we have signed a potential superstar and I wish the lad a long successful Rangers career. A note of caution though, it is too early to judge, a few years ago some of us were raving about Goian. ☺

When Cosgrove elbows him at every header and Beaton allows it, that's when we can see if he is the real deal for Rangers and ou league

Probably had 100% pass completion and aerial wins last night.

Some impressive diagonal balls, keeps the ball moving and commanding in the air.

I think he's looked great (so far untested) attacks the aerial balls, good feet, and puts a bit of meat on all of his passes which I love to see.

£650k looking like a steal so far however he has yet to be put under any significant pressure defensively

I know it hit row z but like seeing players at least attempting 35 yard strikes.

He did look good on the ball but it will matter more against a team that press us hard, though I predict he will deal happily with that given he is so quick to get the ball to a midfielder when not under pressure.

I like how he uses both feet to pass the ball and is constantly talking to his players.

On two occasions our players were clattered and Edmundson was first on the scene protecting and sticking up for his own.

Looks a boomer in the air. Penalised in two occasions for being absolutely dominant in the air.

Really pleasantly surprised how confident and capable big George is .... his long range passing is immaculate ..... really good to think that we could have him and Katic as the future of our defence (the problem will be keeping them happy)

He's not put a foot wrong so far. Yes, friendlies and poor opposition last night, but he can only play against what's in front of him.

He hasn't exactly been tested defensively yet but i like what I have seen so far. Looks big and strong, composed on the ball and can pick a pass.

We look well covered in the centre half position anyway. Will be interesting to see how Gerrard manages their game time. I suspect we will see a bit of rotation like we did last year.

I like the look of him, strong ,decent on the ball and looks a confident big Lad.

Early days but initial thoughts are he will be a good signing .

Now, I know St Josephs were more brutal than a Bank Holiday Weekend in the cells with Big Leeroy...

But George Edmundson was excellent on the ball tonight, he was always looking for space to receive the ball and used it very well.

Let's wait and see if the kid can defend, but he's certainly very composed in possession considering his age and where he's come from to be playing in front of 45,000 tonight.

A good acquisition in my opinion. Look forward to his development with us.
I thought he was very Beckenbaueresque or is that jumping the gun a bit.:p

What people forget he came to us after being out for about 18 months man was nearly dead. To get through last year was amazing. Think he will be better still this year.
He’s probably upping his game as well because of the new signings.

He hasn't exactly been tested defensively yet but i like what I have seen so far. Looks big and strong, composed on the ball and can pick a pass.

We look well covered in the centre half position anyway. Will be interesting to see how Gerrard manages their game time. I suspect we will see a bit of rotation like we did last year.

Probably tested more defensively against Marseille, but came though that game well too.

What people forget he came to us after being out for about 18 months man was nearly dead. To get through last year was amazing. Think he will be better still this year.
I think there is some truth in this. Goldson won't have had a season like that before in his career, and hadn't played much in the 2-3 years before he came up here. He'll be all the better for having now got that experience, and i'm hoping/expecting a big season from him this year.

I know it hit row z but like seeing players at least attempting 35 yard strikes.

I did roll my eyes at his effort but no harm done in what was essentially a kick about in terms of 'stake'. Look forward to seeing all our defenders tested to see view how good they actually are.

Back