George Edmundson

I think Big Gorgeous George will play in a top EPL side one day and earn us mega bucks in transfer fees. After picking up a bushel load of trophies with The Famous first. He reminds me very much of Phil Jones without the strange facial expressions.

Trying not to get too carried away. After all, he’s only played against St Joseph’s, Hamilton and Wrexham Reserves...

Good player. Given where we are just now - he won't play - he should be sent out on loan for 6 months. Club that were after him (Peterborough) have a defence that's leaky as hell and they really could do with him but Darragh McAnthony would quite happily shoot the agent given what happened there at the summer. Somewhere in lower Championship or higher League 1 would be ideal.
I'd rather we loaned him out to a SPFL team. That way he experiences the players, teams and stadiums that we need him to play against.

imo the lad mayo is capable of being our 4th choice if Edumunson was put out on loan. only takes an injury and a suspension though then Edmunson would get a game. just feel if he is to be a player for us in the future he needs game time at this stage of his career

I think hes an outstanding talent, I was shocked in the couple of games I've seen him how good he is. I actually think he could be our best central defender, I'd have geiven him a run of games before Herlander. He's much faster and more physical but accept he doesn't have close to the level of experience

he could fit in the Kamara Davis Jack role ,he's no slouch in the holding midfield role well he wasn't the one and only time he played there,so he could be another Halliday ,a multi-task player on the defensive side.

Thank God you aren't picking the team lol, based on playing well against Wrexham reserves?

He will come good in time, just unfortunate for him but not us that we have 3 very good CBs at the club just now.

Thank God you aren't picking the team lol, based on playing well against Wrexham reserves?

He will come good in time, just unfortunate for him but not us that we have 3 very good CBs at the club just now.
Ha Ha that's what Stevie G gets played the big bucks for.AS a matter of interest big George has made seven appearances for us,we won all the games and conceded one goal.

Ha Ha that's what Stevie G gets played the big bucks for.AS a matter of interest big George has made seven appearances for us,we won all the games and conceded one goal.

Oh I think he's a player alright but don't see the need to change the defence for the cup final.

David Weir.
Davie Weir rarely got involved in a foot race due to his experience and tactical knowledge.Helander has been done a few times for pace,if he can bring that to his game it will be a big help.
This is not a Helander bashing post as he is a good player but I am just highlighting where we may have a potential weakness in the middle of our defence.

Back