George square clean up

Clyde already tweeting about broken benches, glass everywhere and posters and stickers having to be powerwashed

Fair play to the supporters who helped with the clean up. If there is damage to benches that’s unfortunate but haven’t seen any footage of that.

It’s the ‘big bad Rangers fans’ narrative today elsewhere.

there's definitely broken benches
but i'd guess over the course of time plenty are broken by pissed up people on a saturday night

should be dealt with tho

There's no photos of any of our fans cleaning up. There's plenty of photos of the council cleaning up.

It wasn't a big job to clean the square and it's the council's job so no big deal.

The memorial benches were broken by over exuberance and with no malicious intent. If any fan org starts a collection to cover the costs of replacement then I would chuck in a tenner, it is our city to look after.
Totally agree. Would quite like to see something put together to cover the cost of this and any other minor damage done.

Reactions: SGL
I happened to have the George Sq webcam open in one of my tabs and I spotted one of the street cleaners driving about picking up mess last night. I'm not saying that Bears didn't contribute to the tidy up but it was a council machine running around picking up the mess late last night.

As well as the benches, all the flower beds around the statues were planted lats week and have been pretty much destroyed.

Fair play to the supporters who helped with the clean up. If there is damage to benches that’s unfortunate but haven’t seen any footage of that.

It’s the ‘big bad Rangers fans’ narrative today elsewhere.
Well done guys but I am sure that the GCC unions spokepeople will be out condemning the fans efforts as having taken the bread out of their members mouths.

Stuck some cash in. Nearly at £2k.

Good job for arranging and well done to those who donated.

Anyone portraying the broken benches being anything other than accidental damage is a buffoon.
Your last paragraph is bang on.

Couple of roasters on here, today. One in particular.

Back