George Square Repair Bill In Full (£58k)

We should start a campaign to donate the exact same amount to all the charities that have had their funding cut by the SNP this year.

This is completely made up BS.

If only the club had offered to accommodate fans within the stadium providing a safe place to celebrate with little or no impact on the city. A place where the club would have been responsible for policing, costs and the behavior of the fans. A place where we could have congregated in large numbers, celebrated a mementos achievement with our players and then returned home to continue the celebrations in relative safety, the same as we have done for the vast majority of the previous 54 titles.
Oh wait, they did and it was refused in the full knowledge that the inevitable would happen for no other reason than political agendas and to alienate a by and large law abiding section of society and drive further divide across our country.

For the locals who were genuinely negatively affected by what happened that day, you should turn your anger on your elected government and police force who where happy to drive this outcome at your expense for political gain.

Most sensible folk would look at that, laugh and say "Get tae fhuck"

Then you have SNP folk...

Do they not grow their own in Bellahouston?
there will be no surplus left mate.its all in the private gardens of the council workers i'd think once the initial planting is done .lot of bills to be issued then for the use (thieft;) ) of said spare plants .
if they were actually still in the council premises ,they'd have seen nowhere but a skip once they flowered so they are out not a cent on plants .chancers
someone tell them to leave the shovel down at once

When Rangers are involved , think of a figure and times it by ten, when the tims are involved , cost price less 50 % .

I say, lets wait till next scottish demo at GS go cause damage, see what costs are then. I bet it won't be same amount

Not even sure what the middle one means and its over 1/3 of the total.
Basically man hours and equip hours for the cleaning they are saying they used people and equipment from those depots to supplement city centre depot

Ridiculous figure and looks made up or no wonder glasgow city Council has no budget for anything

Of course the following day we had Palestinian protesters standing on flower beds, clambering over statues and plastering stickers on lampposts etc; no word about any cost of that clear up.

Must be a separate bill for that then, FOI to see maybe, or has it all been lumped together

you'd think someone in our free press would be querying this however it makes us look bad so who cares,

Should just walk into Glasgow City Council all

khc8edhhhts11.jpg

£58k you say. Good value. If they had rounded it up to £60k, they could have hung out some red white and blue bunting and some Union Jacks.

The status quo is not only continuing its actually getting worse. Why are the clubs comms team not countering all this negative media coverage? What’s happening about the legal action over the Sweet Caroline video?

It's the man hours spent on cleaning. All 798 hours. Seems a excessive
Where did you get that figure? I counted 368.5. A lot of which will be paid hours rather than hours worked. i.e. 10hrs overtime at double time pays 20 hrs if you get my drift. Councils work in hours paid rather than hours worked, thats from experience.
5 guys working from 7pm to 04:30 would rack up 82.5 hours paid and i can only assume given the size of the area there would be more guys than that. Not really a massive amount of hours.
It would be an interesting comparison to see employee hours for the week before and the week following. Can see a FOI going in shortly

This includes wages which would already be paid and people deployed to other tasks if the party hadn't taken place. So the actual cost of damages caused is far, far less.

Back