German FA refuse to allow Rangers to play Hansa Rostock

In preparation for the new season, the F.C. Hansa Rostock planned a friendly against the Scottish top club Glasgow Rangers this summer - reports the "Bild". But the *** prohibited the game. For safety reasons.

No approval by the ***

It would have become a real highlight: Hansa Rostock in front of full house against the 54-fold Scottish champions with Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard as coach. The negotiations are said to have already progressed after "Bild" information before the *** came in - and denied the duel approval. Such a must the clubs in international friendly matches previously obtain from the association. But the *** did not play along.

"Can not understand it rudimentarily"

"I can confirm that the *** sees the security is not guaranteed, we can not begin to understand," said CEO Robert Marien depressed in the newspaper. Already last year, the *** had a test match against FC Basel prohibited - also for security reasons. Now the cog has to look for another top opponent.

So if we’ve planned this will we be planning other games in Germany?

Interesting...

Probably a one-off game since it would have been at the weekend due to our European schedule

For us to have more games would reckon we would have to base ourselves in Europe to accommodate both

Hansa Rostock are absolutely nuts, I'd imagine we're not the only ones who have ever been KB'd from a friendly with them.

Are they not utterly fu*king mental?Would have loved to have went to that.Bastards.

I remember being on a packed toryglen true blues bus to the piggery & there was a few Germans on that were hansa fans,one guy had a set of braces holding his trousers up with loads of wee hansa crests on them!
Ps This was around 2000.

It is (dresden etc)

Just pointing out the irony.

Similar to how you get a lot of right wing lunatics in places like Russia and ex-Yugoslav territories.
Pro ably due to the fact that they felt oppressed under the communist regime.

Nazism would be viewed as the polar opposite, hence why they'd embrace it?

I was in Prague in 2007 and they played Sparta in a friendly. We went along. Couldn't tell you a thing about the football because I just sat watching their fans. Mental. Absolutely fucking mental.

I used to meet Rolf from Rostock on Euro trips all the time. Id have gone to that if we were playing Hansa.

Is that the boy with the dark hair and glasses? I met him a few times, good lad. Had a great night in Pisa with him, before the Livorno game. I'm sure he passed away a few years ago now.

To be fair, Hansa do have some nutters and despite the facts we still have a certain reputation...

That said: Rostock is an absolutely fantastic city, would have been an unreal trip.

Is that the boy with the dark hair and glasses? I met him a few times, good lad. Had a great night in Pisa with him, before the Livorno game. I'm sure he passed away a few years ago now.

Rolf was balding, there were normally a few of them from Rostock together when I met them though. There was a lad called Uwe that was always with them, Im not sure if he was from Rostock or somewhere else in Germany.
I was also in Pisa the night before Livorno on the official trip. I woke up half the hotel after my mate fell asleep in the room with the key and I was hammering on the door while pished :D

Seems this might be an issue with their fans rather than ours.

Oh well, we find another less mental club to play. LOL

Rolf was balding, there were normally a few of them from Rostock together when I met them though. There was a lad called Uwe that was always with them, Im not sure if he was from Rostock or somewhere else in Germany.
I was also in Pisa the night before Livorno on the official trip. I woke up half the hotel after my mate fell asleep in the room with the key and I was hammering on the door while pished :D

I know the bald Rolf too, carries the East German Loyal flag, saw him in Slovenia this season,still following. He's an 1860 Munich fan I'm sure. Rostock Ralf was tall,thin, dark hair, glasses, both great lads.

I know the bald Rolf too, carries the East German Loyal flag, saw him in Slovenia this season,still following. He's an 1860 Munich fan I'm sure. Rostock Ralf was tall,thin, dark hair, glasses, both great lads.

Aye you could be right, combination of alcohol and talking to different Germans may have clouded my memory.

One of them is 1860 Munich fan who carries the East German Loyal flag as you say

Rostock Ralf first met me in an Irish Bar only pub I could find showing us v Stuttgart when Lovenkrands and Nerlinger scored. There were all these papes and The Germans were supporing Stuttgart and only me, I took dogs abuse, only 3 days in Frankfurter for me, the we Scored 2 late goals and I over egged the celebrations, papes and nazis hated me, bar this one German. Anyway few weeks later met M_L (used to post in here) in the fox and hound to watch Porto v Man United, in walked Ralf, he comes up to me and those who know him he was young, very well educated and proper and said, "your the crazy fucker that nearly got me murdered in the Irish pub for defending you".

After that no more Irish pub, fox and hound where owner would rig my bill to make the food €20 and €5 on booze to hide the amount of beers we put through my corporate card.

What a sad day when he died suddenly young at his computer.

I sent his folk a canvas, gone but never forgotten.

Howling at that haha we have all been there and not realising how loud we are shouting

Typical for the German FA (even though some of here still think that German Football is soooo great and fair).

The German FA rarely allows smaller teams to have a good friendly in the summer anymore. My local club could have had matches again Galatasaray or some big dutch Teams - even FC Porto. And none of them were allowed for "safety reasons" in a stadium where you could play Bundesliga games.

They dont care about that clubs need the money.
%^*& THE GERMAN FA! (And the SFA too).

"Safety Issues"

https://www.liga3-online.de/***-untersagt-geplantes-hansa-testspiel-gegen-glasgow/
Timmy trying to make out we're a new club in the comments
Die Rangers, die 54-mal schottischer Meister waren, gibt es nicht mehr. Das hier ist ein neuer Klub. Und der hat bislang nur einmal den Challenge-Cup gewonnen, einen Pokalwettbewerb für Vereine der zweiten bis vierten Spielklasse.

Interesting read this, I have been following Hansa for the last 4 years since going in their end at a match in Wiesbaden in 2015 when I was working in Munich - currently live in Carlisle.

Have spoken to a few Hansa lads about this and they are disappointed but not surprised (cannot say I am either), this has happened with matches potentially against Rapid Vienna and Basel. Although Rangers bosses do seem to be saying there is no truth in it to be fair. Can relate to what BBB1905 says - far from a Utopia German Football unlike what the journalists (who usually seem to have had a day at Dortmund or Hamburg and decided they know the lot) fill people with etc....

Absolutely brilliant support, especially on the road. When you look at where they are located in relation to the rest of the 3.Liga it makes it even better. Some people may find this interesting:

https://www.fussballmafia.de/auswaertsfahrer/tabelle/3-liga/

shows the average away followings for each Club in each German League.

Most places Hansa go the beer is alcohol free and they are at times treated well over the top. I was at Kaiserslautern last week and the support was top class, 3500 were in the away end with 1000 coming on a Football special which set off around midnight and arrived at Kaiserslautern at around 11am. None stop vocal support, simply brilliant.

Only Club I have been seen linked with Hansa fan wise is Rangers really and only in a very small manner, they take great pride in not having any friendships with other Clubs unlike many other Clubs in Germany. Some of the names on here ring a bell through hearing of them through other people.

Really special Club and Fanscene, opened my eyes a hell of a lot following them and given me a buzz back that I thought I had lost as Football in England fan wise goes from bad to worse.

It is (dresden etc)

Just pointing out the irony.

Similar to how you get a lot of right wing lunatics in places like Russia and ex-Yugoslav territories.
Fascism and Eastern-bloc style communism weren't all that different in reality.

State control of almost everything with little regard for the lives of individual people.

Reactions: VGM
Met a big group of German rangers fans young and old from Rostock when we played in Stuttgart in 2003 and 07

Also met a few of them in Stuttgart in 2003, think they were friendly with the Numan Loyal. Seem to recall having a few beers before and after the game in what I think was a Stuttgart supporters' club near the ground. Memories are hazy...! Good bunch of guys, looked after us well.

I met some of them in a bar in Belfast during a particular 'holiday period'. I got a Hansa Loyal lapel badge. I still have it somewhere in a drawer.

If Basel were a security issue then 10k bears would be a headache for the poor Germans...although we had a friendly in Germany in the Winter break with no such iasues

Red Bull and Hansa are pretty different mind! Personally I think a big factor in this Hansa/Rangers being called off would have been having so many Rangers in Hamburg, only really Hamburg and Berlin you fly in to to get to Rostock.

Massive Police overkill at Football in Germany now as well, even if 5k trapped in Rostock following Rangers I wouldn't be too confident in the ability to keep them in drink - not really a drinking City Rostock from what I have seen.

Back