Germany v Sweden

I feel so sorry for Sweden; they deserved their point. Fair play to Germany for having the character to pull it out of the fire with ten men, but I'd have really enjoyed seeing them flop. However, they must be odds on to qualify now.
Brave man owning up to supporting Sweden with that bastard Lustig in their team and that cheating low life diving cnut Larshit supporting them from the sidelines.

Fantastic result, I love the way the Germans go about their business. They have a few no hopers in their side but still get it done

Brave man owning up to supporting Sweden with that bastard Lustig in their team and that cheating low life diving cnut Larshit supporting them from the sidelines.

Fantastic result, I love the way the Germans go about their business. They have a few no hopers in their side but still get it done
In all fairness, it isn't particularly brave to say I don't want Germany to win :D

1. Greatest number of points (each team gets three for a win and one for a draw).

2. Goal difference in all group matches.

3. Goals scored in all group matches.

And if two or more teams still are tied after that? We go to:

1. Greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned.

2. Goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned.

3. Greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned.

4. Greater number of points obtained regarding fair play conduct (yellow cards = minus-1; indirect red card, as a result of a second yellow card = minus-3, direct red card = minus-4, yellow card and direct red = minus-5, with only one of the deductions applied to a player in a single game).

And if, by some quirk, there’s still a tie?

Then there will be a drawing of lots by FIFA’s Organizing Committee.
Don't worry about this, it will be irrelevant.
Germany will dismantle a Korean team whose heads are already on the plane home.
5-0 to the Germans and they will top the group.

Don't worry about this, it will be irrelevant.
Germany will dismantle a Korean team whose heads are already on the plane home.
5-0 to the Germans and they will top the group.

Korea can still go through tbf mate. Not even that unlikely if they manage to get a win vs Germany. Would just need Mexico to win by 2 goals or more.

Guidetti really fecked it in the 94th minute, he looks up and squares that instead of tamely prodding it at the keeper, fine margins...

Had a feeling they would pay the price for that.
It reminded me of thern at the piggery in the season we were going for 10iar and he hit a scuffer of a shot straight at their goalie in the last minute. They got a free kick from the punt up the park and scored.

I now have a feeling that doubling up on Argentina and Germany in their final group matches is buying money.
Having got my cash back thanks to Tony Kroos i have already taken the 8/11 on this.
Might even consider a handicap double as well.
was in bother tonight...phew... i hate chasing losses.

%^*& the German Cunts. Never ever will I support those bastards in any match.

I now have a feeling that doubling up on Argentina and Germany in their final group matches is buying money.
Having got my cash back thanks to Tony Kroos i have already taken the 8/11 on this.
Might even consider a handicap double as well.
was in bother tonight...phew... i hate chasing losses.

Neither can defend, maybe both to win but all 4 teams to score.

It reminded me of thern at the piggery in the season we were going for 10iar and he hit a scuffer of a shot straight at their goalie in the last minute. They got a free kick from the punt up the park and scored.
Yip, he should have ran the ball to the corner. Arsehole.

Blamed the Swedish player "He has to stand up. He has to stay strong...it's what you're taught as a kid. What is he doing ?"

Tremendous. You could cut he atmosphere with a knife when Roy Keane said “condolences Henrik”

Reactions: TQ3

Very staunch but we've had guys like Prytz, Thern and Bjorklund so it's hard to stop liking an entire country because a couple of Celtic players were Swedish.

Having said that, I've got Germany to win the WC so I was celebrating that goal like a loony ...

Like Argentina, it seems there is serious disharmony in the German camp. Didn't Matteface say Neuer was late to a press conference because there was a square go at a team meeting?

Very staunch but we've had guys like Prytz, Thern and Bjorklund so it's hard to stop liking an entire country because a couple of Celtic players were Swedish.

Having said that, I've got Germany to win the WC so I was celebrating that goal like a loony ...
I hate Larshite with a deep and visceral passion; anything which makes him unhappy makes me happy. And Lustig is one of their current hammer-throwers so of course I want him to lose. Nothing against Sweden as a nation, but those 2 tipped the balance for me tonight.

This German side looks a shadow of the team of 2014. I haven't seen much of them in the past couple of years, but I'm shocked by their defending.

This German side looks a shadow of the team of 2014. I haven't seen much of them in the past couple of years, but I'm shocked by their defending.

They'll get through now and then all bets are off due to their ridiculous will to win.

My big worry for them would be that Werner hasn't been able to hit a Coo's arse with a banjo so far and if he's going to be their main striker, he really needs to start hitting the target.

From a neutral perspective you want the bigger teams like Germany in the knockout rounds. If Germany and Argentina go out there will be some dull games in the next round

I think that Kroos goal tops Ronaldo's against Spain. If he doesn't score Germany are basically out plus it was a harder strike from a tighter angle. Amazing hit under pressure.

Boateng is absolutely garbage though, he didn't look interested at all. A couple of times he bombed forward and practically walked to get back into defence.

I'd like to say that I'm disappointed for Sweden. But with that nae-class prick Lustig in their team I'm delighted for Tyskland. And he'll have more reason for depression to look forward to next season when Scotland's national club gives him his long overdue "Welcome to Glasgow!".

It's mad that Germany basically put out a reserve team and scooshed the Confederations Cup a while ago yet now they look completely disorganised. Surely that points to fall outs in the camp?

Brandt was excellent when he came on.

Neville called it perfectly at end. They have half a team playing a pep possession game and half a team wanting direct fast football. It’s a mess.

Wasn’t till the end the Kroos started missing out players in midfield and going wide first time. The difference it made in space was huge.

That's a pretty good way of putting it tbh. So many baffling decisions with that team. Kimmich looks surprised every time he gets passed the ball then holds it too long.

3-4-3 like Belgium would probably suit them

First time I've cheered a goal at this World Cup so far. As it's much better for the tournament that Germany get through rather than Sweden.

They'll be difficult to stop winning the whole thing now after such a scare, as a draw would have put them out as no chance Mexico were beating Sweden if they were resting players and only needed a draw.

They'll get through now and then all bets are off due to their ridiculous will to win.

My big worry for them would be that Werner hasn't been able to hit a Coo's arse with a banjo so far and if he's going to be their main striker, he really needs to start hitting the target.
They have to play Gomez up front. With how slow they are in the build up, a target man is a must. Werner can slot in on the left

That's a pretty good way of putting it tbh. So many baffling decisions with that team. Kimmich looks surprised every time he gets passed the ball then holds it too long.

3-4-3 like Belgium would probably suit them

It was confusing to put into words watching it other than “too slow”. But the exact problem was possession for the sake of it from a handful of players and others standing around baffled by what they should be doing.

The amount of times they got it wide to go back out but then go back the same way and have no more space than before was crazy. Put it in when you have 6 men in the box waiting for it.

It was confusing to put into words watching it other than “too slow”. But the exact problem was possession for the sake of it from a handful of players and others standing around baffled by what they should be doing.

The amount of times they got it wide to go back out but then go back the same way and have no more space than before was crazy. Put it in when you have 6 men in the box waiting for it.

Spain are another team guilty of this.

Playing possession just for possession sake...it's not a training drill ffs.

So many times Germany were getting the ball wide but they took ages and instead of getting a cross in they just turned round and passed back allowing Sweden to get everyone into defence.

Germany will surely gather huge confidence from this, similar to Brazil's win on Friday.

I feel sorry for the Swedes, I'm always torn between supporting the underdog and wanting to see good football from the best teams. It's early days, so in spite of two poor displays, don't write off the Germans.

I live in Germany. Watching the build up to the game this week I don't think it's an exaggeration to say they're in turmoil

Jogi's system has started to divide opinion, more so than it did before. Hummels came out and said that they've talked about the lack of protection of the defence before but nothing gets done about it

Dropping Khedira was a huge shout. He's the guy that knits the squad together and irons out any differences between the camps. Not sure it worked either, tbh

Thought Reus was excellent last night. He won't lose his jersey if he can stay fit

I think that Kroos goal tops Ronaldo's against Spain. If he doesn't score Germany are basically out plus it was a harder strike from a tighter angle. Amazing hit under pressure.

Boateng is absolutely garbage though, he didn't look interested at all. A couple of times he bombed forward and practically walked to get back into defence.

Completely agree on both points.

Imagine standing over that knowing it’s essentially the last kick of the game? If you don’t stick it in the net your country is all but out of a tournament. Quite amazing composure and skill.

As for Boateng.... Jesus wept! For someone playing for a country with the stature of Germany to be mis-placing so many passes and mis-timing so many tackles is astonishing. Are red cards still an automatic one game suspension? If so it’d be doing Germany a favour.

Last edited:
%^*& the German Cunts. Never ever will I support those bastards in any match.

LOL. Staunch, bro. I'm sure you'd get on well with big Albertz and Klos

BTW, Kroos' goal is one of the greatest in World Cup history. 95th minute, down to 10 men, the holders' chances of progressing hanging by a thread... and he steps up and leathers that in. F*cking hell. He had no right even attempting an effort from there at that point in the match

Sweden are an affront to the game. Obviously, you need to defend v Germany but they’re like that v just about everybody. One of the ugliest teams I have seen in years.

I wanted them to lose because Mexico and even an out of sorts Germany would be better for the tournament. My joy was compounded though by seeing Lustig done for the first and then frozen in agony watching the second go in. He’s a bang-average player and a loud-mouthed, malevolent simpleton of a man. I hope he chokes on his own vomit watching the replays.

LOL. Staunch, bro. I'm sure you'd get on well with big Albertz and Klos

BTW, Kroos' goal is one of the greatest in World Cup history. 95th minute, down to 10 men, the holders' chances of progressing hanging by a thread... and he steps up and leathers that in. F*cking hell. He had no right even attempting an effort from there at that point in the match

Errr excuse me he didn't leather it in. It was a bending beautifully hit shot through a ruck of playets.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Any team with poet connections getting beat pleases me ,Petty infantile but sums me up to a tee.
Just happened to be sitting in a bar full of Swedes last night,who ended up greeting their wee eyes out.
Which was rather pleasing for the same reason.

Back