Gerrard “I’ll bring Klopp Brand football to Rangers”

Sorry if I sound like a dick but could you not post the official Rangers YouTube link and not some random illegal highlights? The official links make the club money from adverts.

I do when I can, but RTV haven’t put up the individual goal only the first and second. Be a pointless demonstration to tell folk to skip to the exact highlight in 10 minute full highlight video.

I do when I can, but RTV haven’t put up the individual goal only the first and second. Be a pointless demonstration to tell folk to skip to the exact highlight in 10 minute full highlight video.

Sorry mate you’re right, thought they had all of the goals on there. Ignore me!

To be fair to Gerrard, he has built a core to the team, and now with the better additions, they are playing the style of football better.
I’ve been impressed by the new lads, Ojo, Hastie, Jones and Stewart have all shown the desire to press, and the rewards are more chances for the team. Exactly as the boss wants it.

It shows why you have to be patient

2nd and 3rd year under Gerrard will be huge for us. We are flying the now and overflowing with options to mix up team without a noticeable drop off in quality
Agreed, if only we had approached him instead of Caixinha, what a wasted year.

as soon as that pass is made to Stewart (back to goal too) Defoe starts his run in behind them. this goal & the Defoe dummy for Arfield vs them looks like it's something they have all been working on in training.

What might have looked a gamble when first appointed, it looks to be some shrewd business getting Stevie Gerrard in as manager. Even more so when you look at the main opposition and his football education, learning off Martin O’Neill will get you no where in football

as soon as that pass is made to Stewart (back to goal too) Defoe starts his run in behind them. this goal & the Defoe dummy for Arfield vs them looks like it's something they have all been working on in training.

It’s almost like a Quarterback play in the NFL, the wide men run central lines across the Defence to cause confusion, the sleeping runner (scorer) hangs off, while the decoy sells he will collect the ball.

I think SG learned a lot from his first season.

I expect this season will be a massive improvement.

I think it's tough to judge games vs St Joseph's or Oxford for style of play but the way we hounded Marseille was really impressive.

Friendly or not this was against international players and they couldn't cope with our style of play.

It was really encouraging.

I think Progress will be in for a shock on Thursday. They will see a totally different Rangers than the one they played 2 years ago.

What might have looked a gamble when first appointed, it looks to be some shrewd business getting Stevie Gerrard in as manager. Even more so when you look at the main opposition and his football education, learning off Martin O’Neill will get you no where in football
The fact Stevie G arrived with a full compliment of Premier League calibre coaching staff mitigated the gamble we took on him somewhat. Mark Allen then integrated Stevie G and his new staff into the football structure very successfully.
Full credit to the board. They did take a gamble, but did everything necessary to make it a success.

While I’m convinced Gerrard wants this just as much as us he still has to deliver.

There are dark forces at work in this country who as we well know will do their worst to ensure he fails. With what he’s learned from last season he will have to be prepared to ensure it’s win at all costs here at Rangers so theres no way we will be able to mimic Liverpool every week, not in this league. Souness, Walter , even Advocatt all found out it’s win the battle first then play the football and that’s what’s going to bring 55 this season as well.

The goal is available if you login to RTV.

Just watched it again and the more I see of it the better it is. Defoe linking up with Polster out on the right before drifting into position to start the link work and finally finishing it off is top class.

Last edited:
The goal is available if you login to RTV.

Just watched it again and the more I see of it the better it is. Defoe linking up with Polson out on the right before drifting into position to start the link work and finally finishing it off is top class.

Polster Bud. But was impressed with how high he got up the park second half and linked play.

Bit silly really.
Don't really see the silliness tbh. It's just the fella's opinion.
It would make sense to extend his contract. That way our compensation would be more were he tp be poached.
Perhaps some think he will be sacked and our compensation tp SG would be too big. I understand this but honestly, don't envisage that scenario.
There will of course be those who will want him bagged if he loses a few on the spin, or gets put out of a cup before the final.
Me, I hope he's here for at least five years more. He has improved us, continues to do so, and he has the gravitas that a Rangers manager should have. Loved by us, feared ,hated but respected by our foes. And our foes are many.

Keep up the good work SG.
Rangers forever.

I’ve been actually seeing the similarities for a wee while now.

It’s exactly like klopps team.

I seen Gerrards post match reaction on Thursday and he said he was bored watching the first half with us keeping the ball.

It’s clear he wants pace and power but with control but not to the point we pass the pall for the sake of it.

Let's get this right. Souness was and always will be the magnificent bastard, Laudrup was God and always will be and the rest can get other accolades as and when they deserve them.

So, going by my thinking Gerrard is the heir to the crown of magnificent bastard or at best mkII.

When he delivers 55 he needs a better contract and a bigger budget for taking us to the next level, which might be champions league qualification and two in a row.

Think it was Kent who sold the dummy?

Also, reading the posts on that twitter thread, several posters were critical of Kent's contribution, and said that, in their opinion, he wouldn't be worth keeping as a part of their squad. Make of that what you will.

Back