Gerrard After match interview

"Their players will justifiably think they could be playing for Rangers. " A sad indictment of the afternoon.

I’d love him to make so many changes and examples out of a few of those imposters today ,get those youngsters who’d bite your hand off on the bench .

I mean for him to say “A few st Johnstone players will be coming away thinking I can play for Rangers”

He gets it ,he won’t suffer fools ,try and win the cup ,get the cash in for tav and Morelos in the summer and go buy some quality who will be able to find Jermaine Defoe with a precision pass.

We can't shape a team around 1 player and then when he's not available, start chopping and changing to accommodate others. He's not happy, because at the end of the day, its his reputation that's at stake here. His in house targets will be to finish second and probably a trophy. On today's performance neither looks achievable.

Check the body language moving about all the place,think the penny has just dropped that this group of players haven’t got it.

“We lacked leadership …all over the park”

Is he finally having a dig at our captain?

He has been untouchable according to Gerrard …for he has been missing for months!

I hope the second name on the teamsheet on wednesday is Andy Halliday!
A real leader on and off the park!

I bloody hope so.

Same shite after every performance like this.

Livi, Killie x3, Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell, it is always the same.

It isn't going to change, this team, and going by this season this manager, are not winners.

Gerrard has the character for this club, I'd like to see what he does with this squad after a period of reflection in the summer. I suspect he knows this team in terms of it's limits, and, as others have said, he'll have a fair idea who need moved on; we need to back him still. When you look at Jock Wallace's time as manager, it apparrently didn't happen overnight when he had to bring the club back after a barren period; we need to give the manager a period of time to get it right.

Do you honestly think today was planned? We are talking the very basics to being a footballer not being carried out, intensity, simple passing, making runs. As much as people want it to, only so much of that can fall at Gerrard.
You're right, and it's becoming obvious that we have players here not good enough when it comes to taking a game on. Implicit in this interview and in some other interviews is the sense that he has a few players not good enough for this club. Over time I think he'll bring success here, but he must be given the chance.

The only thing that i agree with Gerrard is...We were shocking today.

Change the f uckin formation then,the players looked lost today ( again ).

Explain how the formation affects players ability to play 5 yard passes or hit a cross that doesn't balloon over everyone.

Once again we played the diamond shape,the players played as if they didn't know who was picking up who.

The diamond formation was all over the place.

Ninety minutes against a very average SPL team and we had ONE shot on target.

Once again we played the diamond shape,the players played as if they didn't know who was picking up who.

One out of 18. That is an absolute disgrace.

“We lacked leadership …all over the park”

Is he finally having a dig at our captain?

He has been untouchable according to Gerrard …for he has been missing for months!

I hope the second name on the teamsheet on wednesday is Andy Halliday!
A real leader on and off the park!

In a word

No!

He’s having a go at everyone

Sorry to disappoint you

Can you tell me what diamond we played? Looked 433 to me all game, with Candeias and Kent having to come more central to try and impact the game

Can you tell me what diamond we played? Looked 433 to me all game, with Candeias and Kent having to come more central to try and impact the game

We played with two central defenders,Tav and Barasic were pushed up slightly, Kamara was tucked in to protect the back two.

McRorie and Davis were used as the creative tools in midfield,for the likes of Candeias and Kent to work from with Defoe to snap up any chances.

We played with two central defenders,Tav and Barasic were pushed up slightly, Kamara was tucked in to protect the back two.

McRorie and Davis were used as the creative tools in midfield,for the likes of Candeias and Kent to work from with Defoe to snap up any chances.

So... 433?

Wes
Tav goldson Worral Barisic
Davis McCrorie Kamara
Candeias Defoe Kent

He is pointing at everyone but our captains needs to be questioned he has been untouchable up till now christ knows how.

Probably got something to do with having 9 goals and 9 assists in the league.

Last edited:

And we had many more chances that could have either been or should have been on target. Candeias not even being close to the goal from where he was isn't good enough, and no shape or formation is responsible for that.

Last edited:
In a word

No!

He’s having a go at everyone

Sorry to disappoint you

Now don't get all emotional, you're not letting anyone down, nothing to feel sorry about but he was having a go at your pet. Gerrard today effectively echoed the charge that Tav is not a leader. While he didn't name him he didn't exclude his captain either, the man who takes the money to lead and to act as his manager's on field example. JT has a lot of attributes sometimes but leadership isn't one of them.

Now don't get all emotional, you're not letting anyone down, nothing to feel sorry about but he was having a go at your pet. Gerrard today effectively echoed the charge that Tav is not a leader. While he didn't name him he didn't exclude his captain either, the man who takes the money to lead and to act as his manager's on field example. JT has a lot of attributes sometimes but leadership isn't one of them.
Take away those attributes he shows sometimes and where would we be?
We are a 3 man team
Morelos, Tavernier & McGregor in that order.

Take away those attributes he shows sometimes and where would we be?
We are a 3 man team
Morelos, Tavernier & McGregor in that order.

Fully agree with that, JW. However, it's not enough and the manager is rightly pissed at the players doing one thing at training and another when it matters. He can't be on the pitch so he needs someone to accept that responsibility but he's repeatedly being let down.

Back