Gerrard After match interview

Exactly. But he doesn't take any responaibility

Or maybe the manager should start taking responsibility because his "game plans" aren't working.

Gerrard doesn't accept responsibility? It's down to the game plan? Just simplistic noncesens.
I keep saying this but I'll say it again for you. Tactics, strategies, game plans, formations etc. etc. all of these come second to application. If your players just won't perform, won't give their best irrespective of the opposition, aren't aggressive enough then games like yesterday happen regularly.
Our pathetic mentality is the fundamental problem, until that's fixed we're phuked.

He's stuck with what he has for this season at least.

I doubt he will be in a position to drop that many of yesterdays poor performers, because they are our better players.

Goldson was atrocious yesterday, but is our best defender.
Barisic he signed and he probably is a better long term bet than Halliday or Flanagan.
Tav was pretty bad - but we can hardly drop him for Flanagan

So who could be dropped?

Not Goldson or Tav, I can't see it. Barisic for Halliday maybe.

Davis should be dropped - miles off the pace in mid February.
Defoe should be dropped unless we are going to stop blootering long balls at him
Candeias - rubbish yesterday but Tav and Morelos usually play better with him -and who is actually better anyway?

and he can't say McCrorie isn't a leader.

Yesterday is what a lot of games would be like if Morelos wasn't here.

Check the body language moving about all the place,think the penny has just dropped that this group of players haven’t got it.

He gave me the impression that he is fed up with the whole set up that is Scottish Football.

I think the players attitude, plastic pitches, Comliance Officer, and the press is getting to him, and he is wondering what he has let himself into.

He gave me the impression that he is fed up with the whole set up that is Scottish Football.

I think the players attitude, plastic pitches, Comliance Officer, and the press is getting to him, and he is wondering what he has let himself into.
Yes your probably correct in saying that,but what I don’t get is this current group of players when they have a chance of putting some pressure on them don’t come out the blocks wanting to tear it up,they should be smelling blood & from the off attack the life out of them.

This leads me too think that the players just don’t have it in them & getting back to my point I think the manager has just realised.

A Rangers team of old going for a league title does not play like they did yesterday which really disappoints me!

Do you honestly think today was planned? We are talking the very basics to being a footballer not being carried out, intensity, simple passing, making runs. As much as people want it to, only so much of that can fall at Gerrard.
Totally Disagree, it's his job to lift the pace and intensity from the side if it's not going to his plan. He's standing watching this shite like the rest of us and doing absolutely nothing to change it. He's far to quiet and passive on the touchline in games like that. He should have been jumping up and down going Fecking mental at them.
What is our football style and philosophy? Bet none of us can answer that as there is no style or shape to our game.

I watched a collection of players just thrown together out there hoping for the best. It was absolutely rubbish.

Gerrard doesn't accept responsibility? It's down to the game plan? Just simplistic noncesens.
I keep saying this but I'll say it again for you. Tactics, strategies, game plans, formations etc. etc. all of these come second to application. If your players just won't perform, won't give their best irrespective of the opposition, aren't aggressive enough then games like yesterday happen regularly.
Our pathetic mentality is the fundamental problem, until that's fixed we're phuked.
Then you remove said players and try others. You can't keep playing those who let us down.

Then you remove said players and try others. You can't keep playing those who let us down.

Gerrard's biggest fault has been in showing too much respect to these players. I hope that his post-match words yesterday about 'players being too comfortable' and 'no leadership' mean he's finally had enough with their unprofessional attitude.

My biggest fear is that he will walk...he is quality, young new manager, let us be fair and learn with him. it will come good. We have had our arse kicked but good, after what we have been through we still have to have patience, this is the young man who will get us back to our former strength.

He's stuck with what he has for this season at least.

I doubt he will be in a position to drop that many of yesterdays poor performers, because they are our better players.

Goldson was atrocious yesterday, but is our best defender.
Barisic he signed and he probably is a better long term bet than Halliday or Flanagan.
Tav was pretty bad - but we can hardly drop him for Flanagan

So who could be dropped?

Not Goldson or Tav, I can't see it. Barisic for Halliday maybe.

Davis should be dropped - miles off the pace in mid February.
Defoe should be dropped unless we are going to stop blootering long balls at him
Candeias - rubbish yesterday but Tav and Morelos usually play better with him -and who is actually better anyway?

and he can't say McCrorie isn't a leader.

Yesterday is what a lot of games would be like if Morelos wasn't here.
I agree with most you say except for Goldson I don't think he is our best centre back for me it's Katic. Goldsons distribution is terrible not just yesterday but on a regular basis and I watched him when puddin belly (Boyd) came on for Kilmarnock last time Goldson never won a header against him and there I rest my case.

I’d love him to make so many changes and examples out of a few of those imposters today ,get those youngsters who’d bite your hand off on the bench .

I mean for him to say “A few st Johnstone players will be coming away thinking I can play for Rangers”

He gets it ,he won’t suffer fools ,try and win the cup ,get the cash in for tav and Morelos in the summer and go buy some quality who will be able to find Jermaine Defoe with a precision pass.

So your solution is to sell our two best players? Jesus Christ.

Whether folk like it or not Gerrard is a big part of the problem with some of our performances. The very fact he has not alternative options when Morelos isn't playing tells us a lot. He struggles to come up with anything. I mean, playing Defoe up front himself - c'mon to %^*&.

With every interview there seems to be no responsibility from Gerrard and yet, he is part of the problem when we can't get results against teams that shouldn't be a problem.

Got to say it worries me that the players aren't following SG's game plan. Nor the half time team talk which seems to produce nothing in these types of matches.

SG has to take some responsibility for these showings.

I'm afraid our manager isn't capable of changing the course of a game.

His substitutions and the timing of them are 9 times out of 10 horrendous.

Lafferty should have been on at half time to give Defoe some support.

and who's it up to to fix that? it's Stevie I'm afraid and it seems he just isn't able to,we've had these kind of performances right from the get go

and who's it up to to fix that? it's Stevie I'm afraid and it seems he just isn't able to,we've had these kind of performances right from the get go

Yes, it is up to the manager to get his team performing, no doubt about that and no need to be afraid.
However, if the players regularly won't now perform for a Gerrard and haven't for a variety of others then logic suggests you look to them rather than yet another manager. All the manager can do if players refuse to be professional, because that's the fundamental problem, is change the personnel. That's not easy given where we play, our recent history, our financial position and the need to try for some sort of consistency.
In short he needs time and deserves it. These players don't.

Yes, it is up to the manager to get his team performing, no doubt about that and no need to be afraid.
However, if the players regularly won't now perform for a Gerrard and haven't for a variety of others then logic suggests you look to them rather than yet another manager. All the manager can do if players refuse to be professional, because that's the fundamental problem, is change the personnel. That's not easy given where we play, our recent history, our financial position and the need to try for some sort of consistency.
In short he needs time and deserves it. These players don't.
there are players there that play for the jersey but he isn't sticking with them, Defoe and Davis should be starting on bench til right up to pace fitness wise,clearly both are off it. both games they've started we've been woeful.

there are players there that play for the jersey but he isn't sticking with them, Defoe and Davis should be starting on bench til right up to pace fitness wise,clearly both are off it. both games they've started we've been woeful.

Who would those be?

We had a free kick yesterday and the manager was frustrated at our indecision at taking it; a direct cross straight into the box seemed beyond us. When the opportunity to close the gap is there we look uncertain.

Who would those be?
I'd have Halliday in more regularly. I'd drop Candeias and give Lafferty games, as opposed to cameos. When Lafferty played for Hearts he had a manager who got right behind him; I think Gerrard has to be clear with himself why he signed him and stay with it. Halliday and Kent have shown they can play well together.

I'd have Halliday in more regularly. I'd drop Candeias and give Lafferty games, as opposed to cameos. When Lafferty played for Hearts he had a manager who got right behind him; I think Gerrard has to be clear with himself why he signed him and stay with it. Halliday and Kent have shown they can play well together.

Halliday was exceptional on Dec29th and then tried to saunter through games thereafter.
Big Kyle I'm not sure about now, good with Hearts but for us? He's not a target man, not good at hold-up, 'seven foot' but can't jump to save himself and just doesn't seem to fit. To be fair, he's not being allowed to play himself in.
But, if you are looking to those two to make a difference then we better agree to disagree.

Halliday was exceptional on Dec29th and then tried to saunter through games thereafter.
Big Kyle I'm not sure about now, good with Hearts but for us? He's not a target man, not good at hold-up, 'seven foot' but can't jump to save himself and just doesn't seem to fit. To be fair, he's not being allowed to play himself in.
But, if you are looking to those two to make a difference then we better agree to disagree.
We signed Lafferty though, and he is not going to do it being played here and there. Why sign him and have him getting games like this. I personally think he is a far better option than Candeias.

We signed Lafferty though, and he is not going to do it being played here and there. Why sign him and have him getting games like this. I personally think he is a far better option than Candeias.

He is a totally different player to Candeias.

Back