Gerrard after this season?

I’ve seen and heard a lot of folk on social media and phone ins etc suggest that if/when we lift 55 he will feel he has done what he came to do and look to move on. A few I’ve seen even said goldson and tav might be thinking the same. Couple that with Liverpool’s turn in form and some suggesting if that continues klopp might get the sack.

I personally can’t see it myself, and I imagine he is quite happy cutting his teeth in Scotland at the moment but what would I know! the fact I’ve seen it mentioned a few times got me a little worried at the thought.
He won't be going anywhere until Liverpool make a move! Liverpool DNA is within him whether we like it or not but I believe until they come asking he'll be with us!!!

I worry that he could be temp to somewhere like Arsenal.
Nope I'm wrong, I want Gerrard here for a long long time

I'm sure Klopp will be at Liverpool until 2024 when his contract expires. He's on record as saying he'll go back to Germany after that. That would give Stevie G a couple of cracks at the CL with us to prove himself at that level.

When you just sit back and take a moment:-

Steven Gerrard (world football icon) was keen to come to our Club and put everything into making us successful.

That is just magnificent.

Realistically where would Gerrard go after Rangers ?

The only job I see him taking would be Liverpool. He’s not going to go to another club in England and I don’t think he would move abroad again.

Gerrard will be here for Champs League and 56 of that I’m sure. Re Tav and Goldson....if an offer came in we may consider them as I’m sure both would want a crack at the EPL before they are too old....they’d be thinking of the pension pots too by that stage. They have both had a lot of time under the Glasgow microscope too and may want some anonymity again....my biggest concern is keeping the structure and methods go in and it’s vital that Wilson really embeds that framework from Gerrard and his team into the very fabric of the club so that we can replace Gerrard with a similar minded type whenever the day comes that he does move on....until then let’s just enjoy Steven Gerrard leading us to 55!

Klopp won’t be going anywhere even if Liverpool finish outside the top 4 (which I don’t see happening anyway).

He’s been their most successful manager in 30 years. That’ll buy him plenty of time.

Thinking about Gerrard as a player and the loyalty he showed to Liverpool I think he will be here until 2024 when Klopp’s contract finishes. For him to be considered for the Liverpool job then, he will have to have been very successful with us - top team in Scotland and competitive in Europe. I would be delighted with this outcome.

Steven Gerrard will try his best to take Rangers as far as he can within the length of his contract. “If” he has an offer like Liverpool he may well leave, with my best wishes may I add. I fully believe he isn’t here just to “build up his stock”. He’s here to do a job, he gets it, we get him. Enjoy him while he’s here.

If you look at the job he's done here, taking a bunch of nobodies to 20 points clear and into the latter stages of Europe in 3 years then the sky should be the limit. I don't know how much weight that carries outside Scotland but with analytics being a major part of the game now, clubs will be looking at the initial financial disparity and the amazing turnaround.

I dont see him going to any team bar Liverpool.
Klopp aint going anywhere else for a few years imo.
Will the Liverpool board want him, possibly yes.
The next job for Klopp could be the Germany managers position which i dont think he would do that for say 5 years.

Gerrard isn't just here for Champions League. He knows exactly what he has here and if you listened to Souness post match when he was standing next to Gerrard on RTV Souness said - "once he gets his first trophy, it won't be the end". He's here to achieve maximum success for our club and himself, it's not all about Champions League, although that would be a massive bonus for him personally.

Gerrard will be keeping a close eye on the Lampard situation. Who would want to follow in Klopp's footsteps immediately? He will know when the time is right and I don't believe it's near at all.

Let’s be honest, when Liverpool come calling he will go there even if it was end of this season but I don't see it being end of this season and that being the case he would want to stay for Champions League.

He has suggested he may take a break from football for a period for this very reason.

I assume he wants to use his playing career momentum to build his stock whilst he's still relavent (as well as he is somewhat addicted to the sport and couldn't just walk away). Once he has built a reputation that will allow him to walk back in whenever he wants he will allow himself a break for a few years... But what that threshold is, who knows? I doubt its just one trophy though!
If he wants to be a manger then he cant take breaks at his age.
Its only a couple of hundred miles away from his house.
London would be as bad, i think he will get it lucky in management with the distances.
It will be Rangers then Liverpool.
No dragging his family about everywhere, as the merry go round in the English leagues.

Hi Neil, no I think he’ll stay for the champions league
He said at yesterday’s PC that he is already planning for next season, let’s hope he does win the league this season or this forum will be full of people raging demanding his resignation or dismissal, I think Klopp will stay at least one more season at Liverpool probably depending on how results go there is already some crazy so-called Liverpool fans on YouTube demanding him sacked now

I think he’ll stay at Ibrox at least another season. Should we seal the deal this season and the mentally challengeds go into a major rebuild then I’d expect us to be favourites next season and back to back titles will look great on his resume. I also think he’ll want a rack at the CL next season. How we do in Europe’s top competition could well decide if he stays longer. If we don’t make the groups an offer elsewhere might tempt him, but if we perform well, and look well positioned for another crack at it, he could be tempted to stay.

Whilst I think Liverpool is the only other major club he’d move to, I can also see him tempted to prove himself at a middling EPL side, to prove he can manage in that league.

He said at yesterday’s PC that he is already planning for next season, let’s hope he does win the league this season or this forum will be full of people raging demanding his resignation or dismissal, I think Klopp will stay at least one more season at Liverpool probably depending on how results go there is already some crazy so-called Liverpool fans on YouTube demanding him sacked now
Out of curiosity, who do they want as a replacement?

I don't think you can put a timeline on these things as usually one manager gets sacked opening the door for another.
It's pretty rare that a manager completes all his goals at one club, then walks into his dream job, and everything is tied neatly in a bow.
Was speaking to a lifelong Liverpool fan who says Gerrard needs another club before going to Anfield.
Just shows you that managing in our league is still regarded as a bit Mickey Mouse, despite our Europa league endeavours.
I think it's because 90 per cent of the SPL teams are crap.

I'm firmly of the belief that he'll stay for a crack at the Champions League and maybe make a serious tilt at a domestic treble. The latter part of that could be wishful thinking on my part, but for me this team, hasn't peaked as of yet. Still things for them to achieve past 55.

Europe has been an area in which he measures his success and it's one of the main reasons we are spoken of so highly atm. It will be interesting to see how we progress in the Europa League, the game against Antwerp in February could come at a time, when we are sewing up the league title. Depending on how results go for both us and for that mob across the city. Could become interesting.

I’ve seen and heard a lot of folk on social media and phone ins etc suggest that if/when we lift 55 he will feel he has done what he came to do and look to move on. A few I’ve seen even said goldson and tav might be thinking the same. Couple that with Liverpool’s turn in form and some suggesting if that continues klopp might get the sack.

I personally can’t see it myself, and I imagine he is quite happy cutting his teeth in Scotland at the moment but what would I know! the fact I’ve seen it mentioned a few times got me a little worried at the thought.

Haven't seen or heard anyone say that never mind a lot of people saying it.

Must be wishful thinking from Tims.

The reality is...Stevie will be here as long as Liverpool FC let him ( by inference). Which is why I hope Jurgen turns it round pretty quick. Any Rangers fan should also be a Liverpool fan these days for reasons stated

The reality is...Stevie will be here as long as Liverpool FC let him ( by inference). Which is why I hope Jurgen turns it round pretty quick. Any Rangers fan should also be a Liverpool fan these days for reasons stated
honestly dont think he would be the guy after klopp.. probably had a glance at moyes succeeding fergie and thought %^*& it give carragher a blast first lol

Far too early to be thinking that, the tims have disintegrated in 5 months.
You cannot plan for a new manager at the moment unless its the papes .
Agree on timelines, don't think it will happen soon.
But if Rangers don't consider succession planning at all that would be surprising and not up to this boards recent standards.

He will be at rangers next season

But regardless if he wins the league he will be a rangers legend in my eyes and can do whatever he wants after that with no I'll feeling. It is kind of crazy to consider the fact Gerrard will be going down as a legend at our club in a few weeks.

When you just sit back and take a moment:-

Steven Gerrard (world football icon) was keen to come to our Club and put everything into making us successful.

That is just magnificent.

Personally never been overly keen on that sort of chat myself, makes it sounds like we’re a wee club that are starstruck and in awe at having somehow managed to landed a huge name when in reality we’re a big club who gave an untested manager (who was coaching kids at the time) a fantastic opportunity.

Personally never been overly keen on that sort of chat myself, makes it sounds like we’re a wee club that are starstruck and in awe at having somehow managed to landed a huge name when in reality we’re a big club who gave an untested manager (who was coaching kids at the time) a fantastic opportunity.
thats how the unwashed welcomed popcorn naeteeth

Klopp will be gone by Easter. I don’t expect Gerrard to see the season out.

I expect Goldson, Tav, Borna, Hagi, Morelos Itten & Kent to go with him.

Klopp has just won them a CL trophy and their first Premiership for 30 years. Why the actual fcuk would they sack him?

I don’t know how long he has on his contract but I believe that when his contract is up he won’t sign another hope iam wrong

Not read full thread so apologies if previously covered

Apart from either Liverpool or the England job my only other worry is his family. As long as he keeps that balance right he’ll stay but can’t be easy if they’re still down south

Klopp will be gone by Easter. I don’t expect Gerrard to see the season out.

I expect Goldson, Tav, Borna, Hagi, Morelos Itten & Kent to go with him.

Klopp has just won them a CL trophy and their first Premiership for 30 years. Why the actual fcuk would they sack him?
mentally challengeds have won 12 domestic trophies on the spin. if you count their 8.5 titles they have won the league points by and who was 2nd

13 - Us
9 - Us
9 - Ab 12 ahead of us
30 - Ab 39-ahead of us
15 - Ab (not there)
17 - Ab (not there)
29 - Mw (not there)
16 - Mw (not there)
10 - us

148 collective points ahead of the 2nd place team.

So there you have it, spoiled by success they melt at the first true challenge they have faced in nearly a decade, faithful through and through is just a glib throwaway line because it means f uck all.

We truly are "The People"

I can see why you might think that. However, what I’m trying to get across is that we are of such a stature that SG was keen to come. He recognised how big we are and what could be achieved.

And that it wouldn’t be particularly easy.

Steven Gerrard has won nothing yet but will go down as one of the most transformable figures in our history. I have always thought that when we appointed Gerrard we were not employing the name "Steven Gerrard" we were employing Steven Gerrard PLC which included a Beale, a Culshaw etc. This should be the template for future Rangers management appointments. The idea that we would go for a McInnes type appointment to follow Gerrard is now unthinkable.

Celtic made a massive mistake in appointing Lennon to follow Rodgers. Being old school Lennon didn't think he needed the medical/stats team that Rodgers had in place and got rid of them all and short-term it worked. But Rangers, without winning anything, have managed to overtake Celtic in all aspects on how to run a football club.

Gerrard has written his name large in our history without winning a single trophy but what he has done during his time here will reverberate through coming generations.

SG will have a plan for his managerial career.

Liverpool will be his last job and he will hope to do it for a very long time. No need for it to be his next job.

He is a clever man, also a young man. He won't take it until he feels he is ready for it, he certainly won't be in a rush.

Rangers are perfect for him. A massive club that needs dragged into the modern era.

Make a success of Rangers then maybe a stint abroad to expand his own personal knowledge and experience and he will see himself ready.

Why would he leave with champions league run coming, plus a few cups here and another league win so 55 and 56 maybe 57?

he won't get Liverpool job I imagine his boyhood dream for a while yet so he would leave to manage a mid-table team with less potential than us if he was lucky with no chance of champions league so he stays we continue to win and we do well in the champions league and he can get his dream job down south.

Can’t see him going anywhere at the end of this season. If we win 55, it will have been very difficult. 56 will be tougher. If he can do that he’ll feel an even greater sense of achievement. Plus he’ll want a crack at the champions league.

I also can’t see Klopp getting the sack just yet. Liverpool have been unlucky with injuries this season. They’ll need to be better next season though.

Back