Gerrard and substitutions

He could have ran the clock down at the end with 2 more subs . Their goal might have been avoided as it takes any pace out a football game.
That's the most valid point, it didn't really matter who came on just that we stopped the momentum and wsasted time. How many times have we been trying to get that last minute goal and have the other team uder the cosh and with time running out they bring on a sub and take as long as possible to do it, you know then that they have another one waiting to come on to stop the flow of the game.

That's the most valid point, it didn't really matter who came on just that we stopped the momentum and wsasted time. How many times have we been trying to get that last minute goal and have the other team uder the cosh and with time running out they bring on a sub and take as long as possible to do it, you know then that they have another one waiting to come on to stop the flow of the game.
We need to be street smart here. Someone should've been on the deck with cramp in the last ten minutes. Roll around for a minute,physio on and more time wasted with a sub. It happens to us often enough.

We need to be street smart here. Someone should've been on the deck with cramp in the last ten minutes. Roll around for a minute,physio on and more time wasted with a sub. It happens to us often enough.

Get Allan McGregor coaching the outfield players on the dark arts, he's the master of it when we're winning. :D

Nothing like someone dealing with constructive criticism in an adult way and this post was nothing like someone dealing with constructive criticism in an adult way whatsoever.

have you seen some of the things written last night and today? no wonder i've replied like that, im not talking about criticisms of his subs, some of the stuff on here is ridiculous.

Thought Airfield (missing all night) should have made way for waster Ojo.

Aribo should have went off as well.

I was screaming for Gerrard to kill time and make the subs, couldn't believe it.

Thought Scott had a good first half but faded in second. Bit like the whole team.

What appeared to be a big, strong squad at the start of the season has now become very small. Less and less players are being trusted, but it must be hard to make changes and use more players when every game has huge pressure. He has very few game changers in the squad now. I'm sure he'll be looking to add yet another winger type in January, hopefully of better quality though. We need goals from more players. You can't criticise Gerrard too much, the overall progress is way beyond what we ever would have expected.

Ryan Jack was booked, we needed fresh legs as everyone could see we had tired badly. I appreciate the bench wasn't brimming with great options, but surely Halliday could have come on for Jack to freshen things up a bit? He's not as good a player, but Jack was walking a tightrope.
Haha, very funny. I really hope this is a joke anyway. Halliday is poor. Ryan Jack took 2 bookings to bail out his teammates. Both good fouls from his point of view. He is one of the few players that would never have been taken off last night.

If you thought Stewart was the option for last night, you know little about football.

Ojo sub was fine, we were getting pushed further and further back, that leaves massive gaps down their flanks for exploit with pace.

I wouldve also have brought on Barker though. Got that pace but also really hard working
BS, his intelligence and close control would've helped us get up the park through fouls and his interplay (which is where Arfield and Aribo had plenty of joy in the first hour). His lack of pace is exaggerated as well, he's slow, but some have him down as if he can barely walk. The guy also played his best football under a counter-attacking team at Killie so I think you will find it's you that might not know that much about football.

We were scunnered and he was looking for ball carriers to get us up the park.

Not Stewart's forte
Certainly isn't Ojo's either, no disrespect to the guy but I hope he goes back to Liverpool and I'd rather Stewart got the nod first.

Much was made of our options in midfield in the summer. However, I don’t think some of the squad players are doing enough when opportunity presents itself - namely Ojo and Barker.

Jones foolishly injured himself against them ruling himself out for a couple of months.

I’d like to see more of Stewart.

King seems to have disappeared off the radar whilst Murphy’s return from that cruciate injury appears to be painfully slow.

In short we’re high on numbers but short of alternatives that are actually cutting the mustard

Much was made of our options in midfield in the summer. However, I don’t think some of the squad players are doing enough when opportunity presents itself - namely Ojo and Barker.

Jones foolishly injured himself against them ruling himself out for a couple of months.

King seems to have disappeared off the radar whilst Murphy’s return from that cruciate injury appears to be painfully slow.

In short we’re high on numbers but short of alternatives that are actually cutting the mustard
I think J/J's injury has been a massive blow for us. None of the fringe players have done well out wide except possibly Stewart.

We probably all thought Docherty would add strength to that midfield too. Seems a distance from the first team now.

It's now becoming a constant problem. They put on 3 subs and went for it, all we did was put on Ojo for Kent. As our play deteriorated we needed another proper midfielder on though Halliday was the only option, I would have put him on. What has happened to Andy King? And Edmundson could have sat in front of the back 4 but he wasn't on the bench. However, we got a bit nervous in the last 20 minutes and just about held on, terrific by all concerned at Rangers in Europe this season.

If you thought Stewart was the option for last night, you know little about football.

Ojo sub was fine, we were getting pushed further and further back, that leaves massive gaps down their flanks for exploit with pace.

I wouldve also have brought on Barker though. Got that pace but also really hard working
If you thought Ojo was fine last night you know nothing about Ojo.

Would like admin to give a holiday to posters trotting out the “you know nothing about football” etc. pish. Who decided you know better? I can guess.

Back