Gerrard and substitutions

luckywhitefeather

It’s a big win to kick start the Europa league proper but Gerrard, as he was numerous times last season, failing to make the subs at proper time, Criminally slow yet again tonight and nearly cost us

Clearly arfield should’ve been replaced with 20mins to go but hesitation / sticking with what he’s got attitude when we need proactive measures from the manager

Needs to seriously up his use of subs,

It’s a big win to kick start the Europa league proper but Gerrard, as he was numerous times last season, failing to make the subs at proper time, Criminally slow yet again tonight and nearly cost us

Clearly arfield should’ve been replaced with 20mins to go but hesitation / sticking with what he’s got attitude when we need proactive measures from the manager

Jesus!!

We've just had potentially our best result in years and your spouting this shite

Enjoy the moment

Magnificent.

*Reads thread title*
CJ-1-770x433.jpg

Oh %^*& up mate

He leaves Arfield out there because he knows that he can trust him to work his bollocks off. He gets tired because he gives his everything in every game he plays for us.

Don’t think he did much wrong tonight. We should have put the game to bed before half time. Perhaps he could have made the chnage five minutes earlier but that’s really splitting hairs.

Subs were made when needed , Well done SG
Good selection, great result

He leaves Arfield out there because he knows that he can trust him to work his bollocks off. He gets tired because he gives his everything in every game he plays for us.
Yes and arfield had run himself into the ground

Andy King should’ve been on long before he was, as it was arfield commits a tired foul , Gerrard then further makes the mistake of doing the sub when they have free kick , Andy King is then not In position when the ball is crossed over !!

Watch the game back and you will see it & how it could’ve been avoided

Yeah it was clear as day the midfield was out on its feet from 70 minutes onwards ... Aribo should have been on way earlier

We still don't have subs who can keep the same level of quality required. The substitutions were made at the right time especially the Aribo one.

Hmm. I was in the drop Arfield gang but thought he was excellent tonight. Don’t see any reason for taking him off earlier.

I would tend to think the gaffer knows more about the game dynamics and our players more than anyone so I'll go with his judgement. Made the right subs at the right time in my opinion

It's not championship manager, more often than not subs take time to get into the game and can often have a negative effect at first

I think SG did well with his subs tonight

There is always room for improvement regardless of experience and knowledge and use of subs is something the Gaffer could be better at

I think Arfield's just one of these guys that always looks fucked, like Alan McLaren and his big red baw face.

He could maybe have done the Arfield one a wee bit sooner but I overall I thought Gerrard got it spot on tonight.

Just enjoy a terrific win.

It's easy being an manager from the sidelines with no pressure at all.

Stevie is still learning and will deliver for us big time.

WATP

Yes and arfield had run himself into the ground

Andy King should’ve been on long before he was, as it was arfield commits a tired foul , Gerrard then further makes the mistake of doing the sub when they have free kick , Andy King is then not In position when the ball is crossed over !!

Watch the game back and you will see it & how it could’ve been avoided

How what could have been avoided? The win?

if you are going to post nonsense like this, please also back it up with a bit of analysis. Who would you have subbed for who, why and when?

Really? That’s what you want to discuss? I reckon he knows more about impact, momentum and timing than you or most others to be fair. Subs can disrupt the flow and shouldn’t be made for the sake of it. Injuries, poor game, bookings are reasons to make change- not just because you think fresh legs are a good idea.

Honestly OP, have a word with yourself.

We just beat one of the best teams in Holland and you want to start a negative thread?

Jesus!!

We've just had potentially our best result in years and your spouting this shite

Enjoy the moment
Honestly, some people just don't get it. We've beaten a very good side tonight. Dutch football is on the up and we've come from being pumped by a part time team from Luxembourg to beating a good side. Very good Rangers teams have struggled against worse opposition at home. If he'd changed it and we conceded, everyone would have been moaning. Guy wins and he's still criticised.

These posts remind me of the guy who sits near you at Ibrox, you hear him but can’t see him, who panics every time the opposition cross the halfway line, especially when it’s just 1-0.

Reactions: TN8
Still never been behind , how many games is that now ? We must be getting near another record . Sub's times does annoy me but OP just enjoy the game tonight we were good

I can see why he left Arfield on but I would have taken Kamara off for King or Aribo a lot sooner. Kamara looked off the pace for most the game. He’s struggling to get back to his form of last season.

BUT

We won so what do I know :))

Dry yer eyes and enjoy the win ffs

Just in the house and turned on telly and catching the highlights on bt sport 2

Gerrards interview stating that Feyenoord had bulk of possession in second half, now why is that ? A prime reason Is Because we lost control in midfield as our players were knackered / should’ve been replaced

I’m not buying the notion that a guy as experienced as Andy King is going to struggle to adjust / it’s too risky to bring him on so we just persevere with tired players as were risk adverse

Back