Gerrard appears trackside next week. What kind of reception is he getting?

Let’s not be like how that other lot are towards Rodger’s even though he have them success they’d only ever dreamt about before.

He should be rightly seen as the man who got us out the gutter and gave us our respectability back both in Scotland and in Europe.

Him winning 55 in the way he did when we HAD to win the league that season means he will always be a legend.

Good practice for him for when he loses the Villa job early next year and is looking for a TV job.

Wouldnt boo him though.

Gerrard talking to Villa while at Rangers and not being at it at the start of the season really let us down.
He was always going to move back I think he's made a mistake going too early.

Legend and Hall of fame for me.

Without him there would be 10 in a row plus many more.

I actually believe there are grown men in this world that use football as an out to throw their anger about.

So we agree Gerrard caused more disruption as he took all the backroom staff and Souness did not?

Both are not Rangers men so I didn't expect any more from either of them.
that's one way of interrupting what I said, which s wrong, but you know that

He gave us our team back, he gave us our respect back.
Have a bit of respect for the man.
He gave us one trophy in twelve, and walked when he didn’t get his way after being backed as best the board could. He has respect, but I’m no gonna go giddy on sight when he walked away how he did. He needs to earn that back same way Souness did eventually.

Won't boo, won't cheer.

Dont really care in all honesty.

He won't be a pundit anyway.. would be a bad optic for the Villa support with them struggling.

Gerrard talking to Villa while at Rangers and not being at it at the start of the season really let us down.
He cost us the league last year and the league cup

If we were at it the start of the season we would have been 12 points clear of they lot before he went

He did a great job getting out respectability back in Europe and 55 season will never be forgotten

He has some credit in the bank I would never boo him

It’s highly likely he will be one of the pundits. I noticed that during the Liverpool v Ajax game the pundits were standing trackside, quite close to the Ajax section.
As a support - what kind of reception will he get?

Personally, I’ll always have admiration for the guy. That 55 season gave us some unbelievable moments and created memories that will last a lifetime. I was obviously disappointed in the way he left, but time is a healer and I bear him no animosity. Has the wider support forgiven him though?
would Love to shake his hand and thank him

If we were at it the start of the season we would have been 12 points clear of they lot before he went

He did a great job getting out respectability back in Europe and 55 season will never be forgotten

Yes, we dropped a lot of points early doors when they were struggling for form.

He didn’t do a great job, he done a fcuking magnificent job

Gio should have been in that dressing room for the league cup before kick off no question , no point blaming Gerrard for league( 4 points ahead) or cup

He had no money or investment, he made the right move on a personal level regardless of he’s a shitty club Now.

He had no money or investment, he made the right move on a personal level regardless of he’s a shitty club Now.
He knew that money would be tight when he came to this league, I think he had a good level of investment for our league.

Reactions: TPP
If Gio was to lose his job before the seasons end and Gerrard was available, the same people calling him a snake would be the same ones welcoming him back with open arms.

Meh.

I think most Bears will just ignore him. They way he departed left a bad taste, so he won’t get a standing ovation, and what he did wasn’t bad enough to see him booed.

If Gio was to lose his job before the seasons end and Gerrard was available, the same people calling him a snake would be the same ones welcoming him back with open arms.
Would they? He comes without Beale this time, plus we were in as bad a shape when he left as we are right now.

No Stevie G
No 55
No European Final
No Champions League

He transformed the club and lifted us out of a very dark period.

An incredibly important figure in Rangers’ history.

If gerrard had remained in post we would not have gotten to the Europa Cup Final

We were on our way out of Europe when he left

he brought respect back to our club the difference from what he took over to what he left was night and day.I will always be thankful for that, we will show the respect he deserves.

Would they? He comes without Beale this time, plus we were in as bad a shape when he left as we are right now.

Of course they would. A lot of our fans love going back to what they perceive as tried and tested rather than anything progressive. So they’ll overlook the lack of Beale and his time at Villa.

Not my opinion btw. I’d hope he wouldn’t be the boards first pick, but let’s not deny the hero worship that he had wouldn’t likely return from some sections (I.e the most dramatic/emotional supporters)

I’d say most of us are ambivalent to him a year on. No major ill will, thankful for 55 and making us a respectful European force again. Remember the way he left but not getting too carried away about it now.

Some so called supporters on here make me cringe at times. Gerrard saved us all from the horror of ten in a row jibes, ten in a row t-shirts, banners, tattoos, stage shows, books, films and whatever else that lot would have haunted us with forever more. Gerrard won us our 55th title in great style, unbeaten over the whole season, put them back in their place. What has happened since in the pursuit of title 56 and staying In front of them on total trophies won is painful (they are only 4 trophies behind us scarily). Lots of pain to come for us if we don’t get our act together and it’s not the fault of Gerrard. Wake up and look at who’s currently responsible for recruitment and team selection.

Last edited:

You just made that up didn't you

the club + support have got respect worldwide, on a level not seen b4 let’s build on that + leaving booing to the bitter mob

Funny to see people on here who want Gio fired out of the door in the middle of a season, still calling Gerrard a snake for leaving in the middle of a season.
Guys who want managers fired at the drop of a hat getting pissed off when managers look after themselves when approached by other clubs.

Back