Gerrard confirms nothing in Lallana and Morrison rumours

Bonnyloyal

Andy Newport

@AndyNewportPA

·
5m

SG confirms Steven Davis and Jermain Defoe could make their debuts against Cowdenbeath but Eros Grezda and Connor Goldson miss out through out injury while McCrorie is suspended. Says there is no truth in rumours linking Rangers with Adam Lallana and Ravel Morrison

A pity we denied the rumours of Flanagan signing, then he did.

Hopefully draws a line under the madness though, of scrutinising who Morrision is following on Instagram etc.

Not a chance could we get Lallana, he could easily move for about 10 million to another team in the premiership plus about 60k minimum a week.

Morrison I am glad there isn't any truth in the rumours. They guy is blowing out his arse in every 'good' video you see of him and having been at 7 clubs and now 25. He's had a worse or just as bad a career as Pena since getting a sniff of fame and money.

Any injury concerms and no risks should be taken tomorrow. Killie is the big one. Make sure Goldson etc. are fine for that.
Thought Goldson was suspended for Killie due to cumulative bookings but can’t see anything on the SFA lists

Just checked, 1 booking away from a 1 game ban which would come 14 days after the caution

Last edited:
He also ruled out any moves in January and we have so far signed two players on ore contracts and brought in two big names in loan.

Don’t trust that Stevie G as far as I could throw him :)
Haha, True. Hope we can move a few out that are simply not contributing and can add a good number ten type, on a permanent basis.

just to keep this going for a bit longer......a good friend of mine is a newspaper reporter down here in Manchester and has just mailed me to say he is 99% certain RM is coming to us. I asked who is source was and he said it was trusted. I'm not ITK, he is a reporter after all and its probably a load of bull but it was a random email out of the blue from Morrisons home city!

He also ruled out any moves in January and we have so far signed two players on ore contracts and brought in two big names in loan.

If we were going to do any other big deals then surely we would want to do them last minute so other teams wouldn't have the chance to react.

Just imagine the meltdown if we signed Lallana at 5 to midnight on last day of the window. That would be an epic meltdown

Can see the point in Lalana,but fail to see what Morrison will bring,seems another journeyman and best to be avoided.

Lallana probably has to leave Liverpool if he has any chance of playing for England again. Injuries has certainly hampered him and it'd appear that he's now quite far down the pecking order at Liverpool. He will need to be playing regularly to get into the England squad and to get regular games he'll have to leave Liverpool so hopefully we could get him to sign for us.

Lallana probably has to leave Liverpool if he has any chance of playing for England again. Injuries has certainly hampered him and it'd appear that he's now quite far down the pecking order at Liverpool. He will need to be playing regularly to get into the England squad and to get regular games he'll have to leave Liverpool so hopefully we could get him to sign for us.
If he was ever to get back in the england squad he would need to be playing at a higher level than the scottish premiership.

just to keep this going for a bit longer......a good friend of mine is a newspaper reporter down here in Manchester and has just mailed me to say he is 99% certain RM is coming to us. I asked who is source was and he said it was trusted. I'm not ITK, he is a reporter after all and its probably a load of bull but it was a random email out of the blue from Morrisons home city!
“G” by any chance ? :p

I don't know guys, since SG took over nothing would surprise me, a run in Europe, Defoe at Ibrox, Davis and McGregor back, if Messi turned up on the back pages shaking hands with SG on a deal I'd be like, Great! . LOL

did he? I thought he said the exact opposite and said we knew what was needed and work had begun already (at the end of December)?

Back