Gerrard expects more outs than ins

Alfie will not be sold before the summer I would hope. Despite his lower goal return, he is playing well and acting as a great focal point up front. Nobody else on our books does what he does and he absolutely ties up 2 or 3 defenders for 90 minutes. He is very important to our play, scoring or otherwise.

Also due to Alfie's lack of goals this season no club is going to shell out anywhere near the 16m euro that Lille offered in summer, IMHO we'd struggle to get 10m unless he went on a goalscoring spree.

I’d punt Jones and probably Stewart.

I would like to get rid of Barker. I think he’s a chronic waste of a wage. But, Gerrard likes him it seems.

I would loan Edmundson to Killie or such like.
Gerrard plays Bakrer in away European ties and he does a tactical job in certain games. By all means apparenlty the best player in training, they are trying to unleash that potential.

If Celtic's poor run of form continues into the new year I'd honestly look at giving Aberdeen a few players on loan so they can attempt to sneak 2nd place.

Might not be palatable to help the sheep but it's giving the yahoos a taste of their own medicine while weakening Aberdeen against us in the title run in.

As for signings (in) for me we should be looking at the Bosman market more than January signings so we don't have to spend as much in the summer.
Edmunson would be perfect for Aberdeen imo. Dont think we can loan more than 1 player to them though?

I would like another goalscorer....

I realise he's playing slightly deeper now (which I don't think suits him or us) but Alfie's goals have dried up, plus there is still a risk he goes in the window & if it's near the end of the window I would rather be prepared in advance.
Weve got 4 strikers. Alfie's goal dried up because of his new role. Hes not being asked to bully CBs anymore.

Its who I would like to see go.

Barker is like the playground pansy from school who if tackled, shouted at would start crying and be standing in a line with a note from his mum asking to be excused from Games as he had a sore toe.

Been fortunate enough to see real men like Butcher, Gough, Bomber Brown play with the claret gushing out of them or taking a needle so they can dull the pain so as to play for Rangers, that boy Barker would be on the treatment bench if he cut a fingernail down to the quick...imo.
Pretty weird post. Gerrard likes him and plays him. Deal with it.

Part in bold - you just made that up didnt you

Bit harsh mate as Barker has done fine this season, I was like you last year but decided to give him a chance to win me over, instead of micro watching him and pulling up every single touch I looked at his play over all and he has done a lot more good that bad.
I agree. Needs to be more confident in front of goal.

January is traditionally a slow market and I can’t see any of our “Big” players leaving.

If any were to go, I think it could be Morelos but not for the money we might once have got.

January is traditionally a slow market and I can’t see any of our “Big” players leaving.

If any were to go, I think it could be Morelos but not for the money we might once have got.
Yep. Only “asset” getting sold, if any, when we are going for the title. No chance we sell Kamara, Kent or any of the others until the summer.

Jones and stewart probably out (give them to Killie on loan). I agree with the sentiment to get shot of Edmundson but I think he stays for cover at CB.

Pretty weird post. Gerrard likes him and plays him. Deal with it.

Part in bold - you just made that up didnt you

Wow, quick glance at your recent postings (SNP/Celtic, Rob MacLean, My Post) and it's pretty evident you spend your time looking to contradict fellow posters, we all have opinions, yeah I know, just like ar5seholes..chill a bit chum.

Ps I can assure you that there was at least 3 guys in my year who fell into the "bold" category.
But thankfully in the 1980s it was a lot less non-PC world.

We had a bit of a cull in the summer.
Theres not a lot of decent earners left.
Jones, stewart, barker and edmunson should go at some point.
Morelos possibly the summer , no one will give us the money we are looking for in January.
If barjonas / middleton arent going to compete then release in the summer.

I would say King is definitely not ready for a loan yet. He will develop more at 16 training with the first team than he would in league 1 or 2.

I imagine Stewart and Jones would be the 2 most likely players to move on. Kai Kennedy could potentially offer more than them while having the actual potential to be a starter for us in a few years.
I would agree with that and add that I would happily see them loaned to Motherwell, Kilmarnock or even Dundee United(I know) so they are available to play against the Tarrriers after the split. Hopefully, we will also sign some Pre-Contracts as well. The one area where we do lack a bit of cover is for Tav, signing a utility player who has the athletic capacity to cover RB would be good insurance.

If Celtic's poor run of form continues into the new year I'd honestly look at giving Aberdeen a few players on loan so they can attempt to sneak 2nd place.

Might not be palatable to help the sheep but it's giving the yahoos a taste of their own medicine while weakening Aberdeen against us in the title run in.

As for signings (in) for me we should be looking at the Bosman market more than January signings so we don't have to spend as much in the summer.
I might be talking nonsense but I think we are only allowed to loan one player to each spfl club, hence why I would favour loans to Motherwell, Killie or Dundee Utd.

Wow, quick glance at your recent postings (SNP/Celtic, Rob MacLean, My Post) and it's pretty evident you spend your time looking to contradict fellow posters, we all have opinions, yeah I know, just like ar5seholes..chill a bit chum.

Ps I can assure you that there was at least 3 guys in my year who fell into the "bold" category.
But thankfully in the 1980s it was a lot less non-PC world.
I'm not the one ripping into a player tbe management team clearly rate. I've not seen any weakness in him in terms of injury etc or any signs of being a bully victim on the pitch. If you've an issue with any if my other posts, then come debate them with me on the other threads.

Back