Gerrard gives indepth reasons why he is going nowhere

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Very reassuring in this interview.

He stays to crush the tims :cool:

Steven Gerrard gives in depth reasons why he’s staying at Rangers in the face of Derby offer
Rangers boss is wanted by the Rams but he has unfinished business at Ibrox this season.

Steven Gerrard insists a big-bucks offer from Derby County won’t tempt him away from Rangers.
The Rams – who are about to lose Frank Lampard to Chelsea - will try to lure the Ibrox gaffer with an £8million bonus offer to get them to the Premier League.

But Gerrard is adamant he’s happy in Glasgow and as determined as ever to deliver success for the club, writes Scott McDermott in Portugal.
Despite a trophy-less first campaign in Glasgow, he felt progress was made in their pursuit of champions Celtic.
And Gerrard says he plans to finish the job he started by winning silverware at Ibrox – irrespective of what’s on offer elsewhere.

Gerrard says he has unfinished business(Image: Rangers FC/Press Association Images)
Record Sport Online revealed on Monday afternoon the massive package Derby will try to tempt Gerrard with which included a £2.5million-per-year salary plus the £8m bonus for promotion to England’s top flight.

Gerrard – who has three years left on his contract – said: “I’m really not money motivated.

“So money wouldn’t come into when I make decisions.
“I made one to come here and manage this club and I’m really happy here.
“I enjoyed the first year and my focus now is trying to take this team to the next level this season.
“That’s my focus at the moment. Nothing has changed in my mind. I came here very ambitious and hungry.
“Along with my staff, we’re proud and pleased with the progress so far. But we realise that to finish off a job like this, you have to bring success.

“Our ambitions and focus hasn’t changed.”
Gerrard is certain he made the right choice in taking on the Rangers job as his first in management.
He says it’s filled the void that existed after he stopped playing at Liverpooland can’t wait for his second campaign in the Scottish Premiership.

The 39-year-old knows he won’t be at Ibrox forever but isn’t keen on racking up a number of clubs on his CV.
He said: “The club’s demands here suit me, that’s the reason I came.

(Image: SNS Group)
“When I stopped playing and came out of an institution like Liverpool, there was a massive void in my life.
“I’m not going to lie, I missed playing and being around that club. I’d been there since I left school.
“There was something missing but Rangers were the right fit and had the right feel. I didn’t take the decision lightly and it’s a privilege to be the manager here.
“That hasn’t changed and I’m really looking forward to season two.
Best Rangers training pictures as Andy Halliday is floored by Steven Gerrard's brutal sessions
View gallery

“I don’t think it looks right if you go through lots of clubs as a manager. That wasn’t my way as a player and it’s not going to change my thoughts as a manager.
“Of course, it’s difficult to predict. How long do you stay around for if it’s not in your hands?
“I can’t say how many clubs I’ll manage or coach, that’s all in the future. All I can say is that I’m happy and settled at Rangers.
“And it will be even better to make this a success. The only way I can do that is results on the pitch.”

Love Steven Gerrard. Best signing since Souness and is having a similar effect in a different way.
Must be tough for him having his young family staying down south. Hopefully they'll move up to Glasgow, and he can stay until Klopp leaves Liverpool.
Getting excited for the season ahead and what he is building.

No chance of him going to Derby. Think the only way he would be tempted back down south would be for a well established EPL club.

He won't leave until he puts us at the top of the pile, again, at some time in the future he will go back to England, before he goes for his dream job at Liverpool.

There’s no chance he’s leaving for Derby. None.

He’s not leaving here until he’s winning trophies, and in particular the league.
which is why I would extend his and his staff contracts by another 2 years so that no one comes and just pinches him, put a 10 mil clause in their contract for any possible clubs wanting him(them), he is and goldmine and will be for any future clubs that he goes to.

I reckon he will see out his contract as a minimum as long as Klopp is at Liverpool.
Agreed

If there's one word you can call Gerrard, it's "loyal". He was one of the few loyal players and that won't change now he's a manager. Rangers, Liverpool, England then finally retirement. I wouldn't be shocked if that's how his managerial career goes.

When he does get the Liverpool job I expect a lot of favours done for us aswell. He's one of us now and will always have rangers in the back of his mind

Every interview with our manager is an absolute joy, no dicking about.he lays it on the line and says it how it is,he"ll go far will our Stevie and I am more than convinced he will leave us in a far better place than when he found us

I’ve said this since day one. The only two offers I fear coming in for Gerrard is Liverpool job or England job.

He says it himself in the quotes above that he is the kind of guy who enjoys being part of an institution. Liverpool and Rangers are very alike. People will argue about size of club because of the daft money in England but traditionally the 4 big teams in Britain were Man U, Rangers, Liverpool and Celtic. This encompasses the crowd sizes and stature of the clubs. Rangers is still that institution we always were.

Gerrard has also been given a role where he has carte Blanche of what improvements need done and he can see real impact on the stuff he is bringing in. Could you imagine how he would clash at clubs like Newcastle or Leeds with the boards they have?

He won’t be with us forever but I’m delighted he is here and I hope to enjoy the time when he is with us.

Every interview with our manager is an absolute joy, no dicking about.he lays it on the line and says it how it is,he"ll go far will our Stevie and I am more than convinced he will leave us in a far better place than when he found us

Already has, didn't think he would do the off before lifting 55. After that though there will be more than a few offers a season from the prem.

He will have Trusts worth millions set up for his wife and children. For most men that's it job done. The rest of his life is beer money. I get it when he says it's not about money.

1682410-poster-1280-clap2.gif

A man of integrity and if we can win 55 this year his reputation will rocket still further than it is today....if that is even possible.

He will have Trusts worth millions set up for his wife and children. For most men that's it job done. The rest of his life is beer money. I get it when he says it's not about money.
Has a couple restuarants on Merseyside amongst other business outlets,although he is looking to get shot of the one in Liverpool city centre.it was supposed to be sold last month but the deal fell through at the last moment.

Has a couple restuarants on Merseyside amongst other business outlets,although he is looking to get shot of the one in Liverpool city centre.it was supposed to be sold last month but the deal fell through at the last moment.

That's a couple of wee gambles mate.

His big bucks is all tied up in trusts for his family.

People forget just how charismatic this guy is. Donno what we are paying him but reckon he could make same with media work.

We have phuckin James Bond as our manager:)

Win the league this season, crack at getting into the champions league the following season and defending the league, then he may decide to go

Back