Gerrard got the subs wrong today

Our subs didn't seem to make any sense. Joe Aribo was playing outstanding and was a constant menace to Hearts. When you're a goal up and you need to keep the ball, it makes sense to keep Aribo in there, you could have moved him into the front 3 even for the latter stages.

Morelos was shocking and should have hooked on 60/65 mins, it couldn't have been any more obvious that it wasn't his day.

Morelos was having a shocker and should have been subbed. He takes off Aribo and Hagi who were both playing well and we lose control of the game.

It should have been Roofe and Sakala for Wright and Morelos. Clear as day
Agree with this, SG misjudged it imo. Think he might have expected Alfie to take one after missing so many chances.

Maybe Aribo and Hagi were taken off with the last international games in mind? Don’t know how Morelos stayed on.

Bacuna looks to me like he believes he'll stroll it up here.
Many have thought the same and vanished.
Tav looked like he'd played during the international break.
I think it's still premature to make opinions like that on Bacuna. It's like a different sport up here compared to what he's been used to.

Fucked it today, quite frankly. Not the first time we’ve ruined dominant performances for offloading and resting. Sometimes you just need to trust your players know best.

Bacuna looks to me like he believes he'll stroll it up here.
Many have thought the same and vanished.
Tav looked like he'd played during the international break.
You can see he is a talented player with a good touch and eye for a pass but he is definitely looks a luxury player and that wasn’t the game or time to bring him on

I think Gerrard shows too much respect to the more senior players.

It seemed like he made his subs to please certain players rather than making the subs that would have been most effective.

It was clear that Morelos and Tav were having bad games and should have been subbed off, but he showed them too much respect and left them on the pitch.

Morelos was having a shocker and should have been subbed. He takes off Aribo and Hagi who were both playing well and we lose control of the game.

I must admit that I don't know how anyone watching that game, seeing what chances we were missing up front, and what pace was doing to them -- I cannot see how two such obvious and simple subs weren't made.

I think it's still premature to make opinions like that on Bacuna. It's like a different sport up here compared to what he's been used to.
I don't think its unreasonable on what we've seen from him, and previous imports from England, to suggest he hasnt got it yet.

Aye did he. Bacuna was a man down defensively. Kamara was shot. Alfie was windmilling. Tav was in pointless foul mode.

Gerrard gets the subs wrong on a regular basis.

Hes awful at managing games from the touchline.

Bacuna on when 1-0 up??.. he's the very definition of a luxury player.. makes no sense.

Aribo I got purely as he was on a booking and could see some cynical fouls potentially needed near the end

Hagi though before Morelos was utterly bizarre

Bacuna was a strange one too before Sakala

Thought the Bacuna sub changed the game and not in the way we wanted. Cost us control in the middle and allowed them to come more into it. Could see what was going to happen a mile away unfortunately.

I can live with bad subs if they make sense. A player can struggle, a direct replacement be brought on and they also have a bad game, it happens.

But the subs today made zero sense. Aribo and Hagi were doing just fine, they didn't need to be replaced at all. There doesn't seem to be any thought behind it, just bringing players on for the sake of it.

Banccuna instead of Roofe for Wright has got to be a criminal offence in that game... Dreadful substitutions YET AGAIN from Gerrard, maybe he should not have a say in the game the moment the whistle blows...

Totally agree 100%.

I can live with bad subs if they make sense. A player can struggle, a direct replacement be brought on and they also have a bad game, it happens.

But the subs today made zero sense. Aribo and Hagi were doing just fine, they didn't need to be replaced at all. There doesn't seem to be any thought behind it, just bringing players on for the sake of it.
Bringing on Bacuna because he has looked good in training rather than deciding based on what the game needed

Always seems to be the same subs and they never seem to change anything. Hagi and Aribo were looking dangerous and he takes them off. Tav and Morelos should have been subbed. Bringing Davis on just made us sit deeper and invite Hearts on even more
Davis sub said to me , we're trying to hold on to what we have here.

Something we are not that good at.

Subs were completely baffling! Morelos coming off was clear as day, was having a nightmare In front of goal. We are rangers ffs! Stay on the offensive.

Morelos for sakala & lundstram staying on the pitch wins the game. Even Patterson coming on at 65
Yes Patterson for me should start every game Tavernier is finished but he keeps playing him and it means we offer nothing in terms of threat from the right hand side, his allegiance to Tav will cost him his ob and maybe the league for us, I would like to see an extended run for Patterson to see how many goals we start to score as we are not scoring like a league winning side just now.

Back